“Unexpected home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added AKA Virginia Square to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
AKA Virginia Square
3409 Wilson Boulevard, Virginia Square, Arlington, VA 22201 (Formerly Hotel AKA)   |
Mountain View, CA
“Unexpected home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Some dissertation research necessitated that I be in Arlington for longer than 10 days, so I decided to book a 12-day stay at AKA Virginia Square based upon fellow TripAdvisor reviews of this property. AKA Virginia Square was perfect for what I needed to accomplish during the trip, as I basically needed to be anti-social and focus on research and writing.

Resources for which I was most appreciative: a professional and friendly staff (24/7; special shout outs to Sabina, Nafeesa, Sufian, and Latifa); free wi-fi; in-room kitchenette which allowed me to cook my own meals and accommodate my dietary restrictions (no gluten); in-room laundry facilities; walking distance to the Virginia Square Metro when I needed to get into DC (quick trip of 20 minutes); short walking distance to Clarendon Square (e.g., CVS Pharmacy; Trader Joe's) and to Northside Social Coffeehouse (great coffee and gluten-free baked goods along with areas to work downstairs and upstairs); meeting rooms at the top floor along with a business center for printing out any needed documents during your stay.

My only disappointment is that there is not an AKA in Boston (where I need to do the next part of my dissertation research)!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
akaVASquare, General Manager at AKA Virginia Square, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review Mimi Y! We appreciate you taking time to share your experience at AKA Virginia Square. AKA has opened two new properties this year at Beverly Hills and London; therefore, Boston can be a possibility in the near future! Thank you again for your time and hope you return soon.

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the AKA Arlington for 3 weeks. This place is amazing, clean, close to DC and the staff was excellent. The accommodations were so great i had to have my wife and son come down to enjoy it with me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
We are appreciative of your review for AKA Virginia Square and pleased to hear your family was able to join you! Please consider us again if you return to the DC area!
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

A friend and I stayed at the AKA Virginia Square on our annual trip to DC in March. It was fabulous. The two bedroom suite was beautiful and the staff was wonderful. Sabina, in particular, was very friendly and made us feel very at home. The hotel was in a perfect location, within walking distance of our primary destination and even closer to the metro. We will definitely return next year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I enjoyed staying at the AKA Virginia square, it was clean and the staff were generally friendly, although there was a few instances when the front desk staff were a little snippy with friends that I had come visit (although they were never rude to me) I did have some complaints from a couple of my visitors. Other than that, the rooms are beautiful, clean and I enjoyed my stay. FYI there is also an AMAZING chicken place El Polo Rico just behind the apartment, which was great when I didnt feel like cooking.

Room Tip: The two bedrooms are the best especially rooms that have more windows for light.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review LaniS! On behalf of AKA Virginia Square, we appreciate your encouraging words and acknowledgements. Also, our sincerest apologies about your visitors, this not consistant of our expectations. Your feedback is paramount and to strive for excellence!
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was thoroughly impressed this hotel/apartment and the high level of service they provide. Nafeesa Saafir went above and beyond on a daily basis to make sure I felt welcome, as well as my guests. I felt like I was at home. Once I finally found a permanent place to live, I was sad to leave AKA. They had become my family. So glad there is a place in town I can refer all my friends!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have been staying here for around 8 years now, it is still my perferred location when I come to Washington DC if they have rooms. It is not far from the metro station, the rooms are very nice it is the only place my better half will stay at, for her it is walking distance to the grocery stores, the cleaners, movie theaters, restaurants, and the metro. We never need a car when here since everything is within walking distance. The staff are amazing group of people who are always willing to help as is their Manager Daniel. We give them two thumbs up.

Room Tip: We prefer the back side of the hotel as it is away from the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My family and I have stayed at AKA multiple times anywhere from a short-time stay of a few days to a long-term stay of a few months. We loved it, the decor, the service and the location. The decor is incredibly modern but convenient. The apartment was very nice and had everything you could think of. The service was exceptional and I wanted to give a special shout-out to Nafessa Saafir who made our stay really enjoyable. Her and her colleagues' professionalism and warmth really made us feel at home. Also, the location was great, within walking distance to restaurants, grocery stories and metro which made it easy stay there without using a car. All in all, great experiences.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to AKA Virginia Square? Share your experiences!