“Great experience” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added AKA Virginia Square to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
AKA Virginia Square
3409 Wilson Boulevard, Virginia Square, Arlington, VA 22201 (Formerly Hotel AKA)   |
Dallas
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

A friend and I stayed at the AKA Virginia Square on our annual trip to DC in March. It was fabulous. The two bedroom suite was beautiful and the staff was wonderful. Sabina, in particular, was very friendly and made us feel very at home. The hotel was in a perfect location, within walking distance of our primary destination and even closer to the metro. We will definitely return next year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

59 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I enjoyed staying at the AKA Virginia square, it was clean and the staff were generally friendly, although there was a few instances when the front desk staff were a little snippy with friends that I had come visit (although they were never rude to me) I did have some complaints from a couple of my visitors. Other than that, the rooms are beautiful, clean and I enjoyed my stay. FYI there is also an AMAZING chicken place El Polo Rico just behind the apartment, which was great when I didnt feel like cooking.

Room Tip: The two bedrooms are the best especially rooms that have more windows for light.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
akaVASquare, General Manager at AKA Virginia Square, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Thank you for your review LaniS! On behalf of AKA Virginia Square, we appreciate your encouraging words and acknowledgements. Also, our sincerest apologies about your visitors, this not consistant of our expectations. Your feedback is paramount and to strive for excellence!
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was thoroughly impressed this hotel/apartment and the high level of service they provide. Nafeesa Saafir went above and beyond on a daily basis to make sure I felt welcome, as well as my guests. I felt like I was at home. Once I finally found a permanent place to live, I was sad to leave AKA. They had become my family. So glad there is a place in town I can refer all my friends!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have been staying here for around 8 years now, it is still my perferred location when I come to Washington DC if they have rooms. It is not far from the metro station, the rooms are very nice it is the only place my better half will stay at, for her it is walking distance to the grocery stores, the cleaners, movie theaters, restaurants, and the metro. We never need a car when here since everything is within walking distance. The staff are amazing group of people who are always willing to help as is their Manager Daniel. We give them two thumbs up.

Room Tip: We prefer the back side of the hotel as it is away from the street.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My family and I have stayed at AKA multiple times anywhere from a short-time stay of a few days to a long-term stay of a few months. We loved it, the decor, the service and the location. The decor is incredibly modern but convenient. The apartment was very nice and had everything you could think of. The service was exceptional and I wanted to give a special shout-out to Nafessa Saafir who made our stay really enjoyable. Her and her colleagues' professionalism and warmth really made us feel at home. Also, the location was great, within walking distance to restaurants, grocery stories and metro which made it easy stay there without using a car. All in all, great experiences.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
East Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

AKA at Virginia Square represents the highest degree of professionalism in the hotel industry. Beginning with booking, all the way through reception, stay, and departure the AKA staff showed the highest level of personal respect and professional service I have witnessed in 20-years of international travel. The staff (especially Nafeesa) exceeds not only the professional attitude but also the warmth of 5-Star hotels and exclusive resorts throughout Asia. This is now the ONLY place I will stay in the Metro area.

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Virginia Square location twice and give it a BIG THUMBS UP! Nafeesa Saafir was exceptionally helpful in making the reservations, and went out of her way to make our stay enjoyable. We were always greeted with a smile, asked if everything was to our liking, and even given printed menus of restaurants we expressed interest in. AKA added a special touch by hosting a Valentine's Day social for all their guests. The apartments are very nicely appointed; with modern interiors and clean, well-kept living areas. I recommend AKA Virginia Square highly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to AKA Virginia Square? Share your experiences!