“Wonderful stay, excellent location, great staff....” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25% off
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
independence, ca
“Wonderful stay, excellent location, great staff....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

Just came back from visiting Arlington National Cemetery where my husband and father are both interned. The Crystal City Marriott is ideally suited for visiting both Washington, DC and northern Virginia. I was surprized at how quiet this hotel and location are despite being right off a very busy thoroughfare. My adult daughter & I shared a large double room with a good sized bathroom with many fluffy towels and nice amenities. The beds were extremely comfortable. The staff was friendly, helpful, and professional. The room service was good. It was the perfect visit and the hotel actually exceeded my expectations. It is a nice bonus that there is direct access to an underground walkway to the Metro which is especially nice in inclement or very hot weather.

• Stayed November 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

My husband and I picked this hotel for our little romantic getaway since they offered great incentives - free full breakfast in bed, free parking, free bottle of champagne and strawberries and cream... we got it all, but it was after we basically haggled for it like we hadn't been offered any of it when we made our booking! So we had to call the front desk and ask for everything and at some point called the billing department so that they could reverse the charges for our free breakfast. And then finally we had to argue with the parking attendant, and then the front desk, to get our free parking... we got it all but it was bothersome to have to fight for it. Otherwise, convenient spot and yummy food. We had a good time anyway.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Conroe, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

We didn't realize that there is an underground mall connected to the hotel and indoor access to the subway station - which makes it a great place to stay if you want to be close to the airport and have immediate subway access for touring D.C. Why rent a car?? Nice neighborhood restaurants are within walking distance, drug stores on the corner (CVS) and in the underground mall area. We will stay here when we return to see more of Washington DC.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Ione, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2009

It was extremely convenient to the Metro and had a good restaurant nearby. The room was fine-- the bedding was excellent. Would stay there again as we got a very good deal.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Long Island, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

My husband and I just returned from 4 days in Washington, DC for vacation. We got a terrific rate here through the Marriott and AAA, so decided to stay even though it is slightly outside the tourist area. We loved this hotel. Great location - very close to the Metro and the Crystal City shops, with tons of restaurants nearby. We read some reviews before going that said the service was not great, but we do not agree at all. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful with special requests, etc. - we travelled with our 18 month old son.
The only complaint is that they charge 12.95 a day for internet in the rooms - but they have WiFi in the lobby that the didn't advertise. Otherwise, excellent stay - would definitely book here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Cape Coral,FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2009

When I first arrived they could not find me in their system even though I'd booked online thru Marriott. After sorting that out they placed my family in a room on the 7th floor. I left to take the rental car back to the airport since we decided to take the Metro into the city. The hotel offers a free shuttle so I took that back to the hotel with no problems. My wife called me while I was returning the car to inform me they we moving us to another room since they had put us in a block with a wedding party. They moved us to the 10th floor. The did send me a thank you card that they were crediting my Marriott rewards account with 500 points for the mix up. The room was a 2 double bed room - typical Marriott. We had some stains on some towels and the bed spread which I just removed. Also, I noticed on the 2nd night of our 3 night stay that the AC was loud and not working correctly. I however forgot to report it since I was too busy. Also, really got me mad that we returned to the room our second night there only to find that neither my wife or my key card would work. After my third time down stairs they finally gave me one that worked and had security check on me to make sure nothing in my room was tampered with. Also, Marriott has to stop charging for internet. $10 plus a day for internet is too expensive. It was a quick walk to the Metro station under the hotel and that was nice. Also, having the restaurants and shops under the hotel was nice too. Loved the comfy beds. Very close to the airport but never heard a plane at all.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
knoxville, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

The staff was very friendly. The rooms were modern and clean. I would recommend this to anyone. All the resturants were great. We ate at one every night. It has an easy access to the subway and underground crystal city if you forgot anything. I will definitely return here.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!