“Two thumbs up for the Crystal City Marriott” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Singapore, Singapore
“Two thumbs up for the Crystal City Marriott”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

I stayed here three separate weeks for business and have no complaints whatsoever. Very nice Marriott with large, clean rooms. All of the staff I encountered was very friendly, and helpful. The location is what makes this place great - it is attached to the underground walkway which allows you to go from one end of Crystal City to the other. You can go to many restaurants without having to go outside if it's raining. The Conceirge Lounge had decent options for breakfast, including fresh fruit, and light appetizer and salad for dinner. If I had any one opportunity for improvement it would be that they added wi-fi service to the rooms - which only had a wired internet connection (at $12.95 a day no less). All in all, a nice place to stay that I would not hesitate to go back to.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Columbus, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

My family of four stayed in a double room this past weekend and overall we enjoyed ourselves and the hotel. The location was the best part. Access to the metro and shops/restaurants via an underground tunnel. (Although the shops/restaurants were not open very late). The hotel was clean and beds quite comfy. Huge flat screen TV. The pool area was nice and the kids enjoyed it. One thing, the first night when we went down the life guard told us they were at capacity and we couldn't come in. Actually, we were not dressed to swim, we just wanted to see it. Capacity was 30 and for the size of the pool that seemed low. Still I appreciate that they made an effort to keep it from being super crowded. I think they put a 1/2 hr. time limit on use when at capacity so to be fair to others. Not sure how that works as the night we swam wasn't too crowded so they weren't enforcing.
Our room was on the highway side, but I didn't really notice traffic sounds. We were two doors down from the ice machine and I did hear some of that.
Front desk staff was very attentive and helpful upon check in. Room service was quick, but the pizza was gross. The housemade chips were great.
Overall, a good value for the price I paid ($109 AAA).

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

We are "locals" and decided to get away for a quick R&R week-end at a hotel w/pool, work-out and steam room facilities. And the CCM (Crystal City Marriott) fit the requirements.

We were situated on the 5th floor facing west..It was relatively quiet for the week-end. The queen bed w/down cover was one of the most comfortable we've slept on. Room was clean and included coffee service, cable, internet hook-up and wireless. Lots of large towels and nice bathroom. Also included mounted lighted "make-up" mirror. Good in-room temperature control AND room was dark at night. I always bring eyeshades just in case.

The work-out facilities were great. Newer treadmills, cable machines, stretching area, and a spacious "hot rock" dry sauna...Plus, large indoor pool w/ separate hot tub. It was the week-end so more kids than usual but o.k. Location is great: Crystal City Underground Mall, access to Metro(to D.C./airport) and Virginia Rail Express. The front desk area is simple --nothin' fancy, but business efficient. We enjoyed our get-away...and would book again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
north carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2009

This hotel is average. Clean room, reasonable rates, convenient to freeway and airport. The negatives were no continental breakfast and super-slow internet access. If you're looking for a clean place to just sleep and then go, it fits the bill.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

Just returned from a stay at this older Marriott property located in the Crystal City complex adjacent to Reagan National Airport. One of the nicer things about the hotel is that it connects via underground tunnel system to the Crystal City metro station. The mall itself is just a few shops - mainly just Sbarro, an ice cream/cookie store, various shops and a nice drug store for food and drinks to take back to the room.

ROOM
The room was fairly recently renovated and quiet large for DC hotel standards. There is a 42 inch LCD tv and a separate chair for lounging. The bed was very comfortable with nice linens and several pillows. My room was on the DCA side of the building and I could hear truck noise from Jefferson Davis Hwy which was on the other side of the office buildings across the street from the hotel. It wasn't that bad, but was noticeable when the tv was off.
The bathroom was very small with a tub/shower combo. Not much to add here other than it would be nice if 35 years ago when they built the hotel, if they had taken a little square footage from the room and given it to the bathroom.
As for the room itself, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

SERVICE/RESTAURANT
Here is where this hotel drops in the rating for me. The front desk service was rather slow - when I got in late one night and bought some items from the gift/pantry shop - it took 3 people several minutes to handle the line of 4 guests. They seemed not to care if you weren't checking in and let us wait until someone in the back could come out to assist with the snack purchases.
The restaurant - CC's Bistro - was ok for dinner one night. Though the staff, again, wasn't on the ball. They filled the wine glass so full that it overflowed onto the tablecloth. The next morning, I tried the restaurant again for breakfast, ordering the "oatmeal with blueberries" and got the oatmeal but no blueberries. When I asked, they brought out a banana and said they didn't have any blueberries. So, I was left to cut that myself. The service was pretty bad.

If you are wanting a decent room, in a location that allowed for good access to the District and to the airport, this hotel fills the bill. If you are expecting service - even just Marriott level service - you may be disappointed with this property.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
lax
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

I dont know how this property got good reviews. Its not WDC class. Its run like a middle eastern non american establishment. The managment is hostile and disrespectable to women traveling alone. There is extensive construction out one side of the builidng and it looks like ground zero. I asked for a quiet room and got a view of the contruction. When I complained I was asked not to and was treated like we dont really care what you think.
Across the street is the Hyatt. A much better place to stay.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

First I should say that I believe service workers in the DC are among the worst in the country. This was reinforced when the courtesy van arrived at the hotel with a car full of passengers and the bellman took off behind closed doors. He did not reappear until after we all had unloaded our own luggage and dragged our bags to the check-in counter. Ignoring us meant he didn't receive any tips from any of us that night. He should keep that in mind. After that initial incident, there was only one other person at the hotel who did not go out or her way to make us feel welcome. The lady who runs the concierge lounge in the evening will not give you the time of day or lift a finger to help you in any way. She is terribly, terribly rude and a very poor representative of the hotel.
That said, I enjoyed my stay at the newly redecorated Crystal City Marriott. The room is very tastefully decorated, and the beds are so comfortable that I absolutely did not want to get out of bed in the morning. The room is large, which is hard to find in DC. The bathroom is small, but there is adequate counter space. I hate having to pay for Internet, and I don't understand why I have to pay $12.95 a day at a Marriott when the Days Inn charges nothing! The location is great for traveling around the area, and there is easy access to Metro without having to go outside. There are two washers and one dryer at the hotel, which I took advantage of since I had been traveling for over a week. They are free! Bonus! I would definitely stay here again.