“Great Location - Rooms need updating” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Hot Summer Deal: 25% Off
Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Woodstock, Connecticut
“Great Location - Rooms need updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Very convenient to Metro - you have access to the Metro right from the hotel elevator. That makes it a great location for getting anywhere in DC and is only one stop from Reagan Airport. The Gym is of good size and is well maintained. The rooms are very dated. The wall coverings are 20+ years old and the room I was in had a noticeable stain on the rug and a wet hand cloth left behind the shower curtain. In addition the garbage was not removed the next day. I would choose the JW Marriott downtown if available and in your price range. I have stayed at both and it is nicer, feels new, and more expensive. The Crystal City Marriott does have easy access to the Mt Vernon running and biking trail only a 3 minute run away for access. Staff was very helpful and attentive at Crystal City Marriott.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Good afternoon David M,

I want to not only thank you for having stayed with us recently as I know you have many choices when you travel, but I also want to sincerely apologize to you for the clear housekeeping problem you experienced. What you described is not how we operate and I have already shared your comments with all of the operational leaders of our hotel so that everyone may see how this impacted your stay.

Please know that we not only read all of the feedback we receive but we also act on everything we can as our goal is to continually improve our product and our service for all of our guests. So for taking the time to let us know about your experience, I thank you.

Again, I am very sorry that we did not meet the expectation you and I both have and I hope you will consider returning to give us another opportunity in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We used to have 2 or 3 martinis for lunch when we worked in Crystal City. They were under $2 each. I don't know if that tradition lives on there but it was god while it did. It was available in the lobby bar.

Room Tip: Martinis for lunch.
Green Features: Who knows? After 3 martinis, I was ready to be recycled.
Hello ktfeeney,

The classic martini lunch indeed. Unfortunately the prices have changed but the classic drink has not. Stop by some time and let us know if the drink is still just as good as you remembered.
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We just got back from staying at crystal city marriott, we stayed aug12-15.....We stayed here and to go and visit the sites in DC.....the location is great since right below there is a mall and the metro.....the people at the hotel are super friendly ....the only disappointed I stayed on the concierge floor......would not recommend ......pricey for what you are getting.......the breakfast was ok....not too many options........since the mall is down below and there are plenty of places to eat , would highly recommend worth the stay here but do not book the concierge floor......by the time you check out with all the taxes plus parking you are paying over $300.....not worth it.........Highly recomend taking the metro easy to get around and if you are staying more than two days , pick the pass dont buy as you go for the metro .......

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Hello candi23,

I want to thank you for being with us recently and also apologize that you did not enjoy the Concierge floor and access to the lounge. We certainly want to provide as much as we can for those guests and I am sorry it did not live up to your expectation.

I also want to thank you for sharing your feedback about our location and our service. We certainly value our location and work very hard on our service so I was pleased to see you enjoyed those aspects of your stay. As for your comment about the METRO pass vs paying as you go, I could not agree more as that is certainly the way to do things if you are going to use the system to really explore D.C.

Thank you again and I do hope you will return to stay with us in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The location is great for travelers using public transportation into D.C. The metro train station was easily accessible via the ground level of the hotel. The room was clean, staff was wonderful. The restaurant food was mediocre, but was fine enough if we needed a late night snack. The pool was never crowded and the life guard was friendly. The hotel atmosphere was never noisy. Overall it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor. Nice and quiet. Great view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Good morning Kalihah,

Thank you very much for being with us and also for letting us know about your experience. We agree that our location is ideal for exploring D.C. via the METRO and I am glad you were able to enjoy that aspect.

I was sorry however to read that you found our food only to be mediocre as we certainly want to be better than that. In fact, I will make sure our Culinary and Restaurant teams both hear this so they can step up their games.

Thank you again and I hope you will choose our hotel the next time you are back in the D.C. area.
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I booked this through Priceline and I was pleasantly surprised! The bed was awesome! And the convenience was great! All you have to do is go downstairs to shop, eat, or catch the metro. I used to live in DC so this was great for me. Parking was expensive as it is in most places in the DMV area. But I loved the convenience of the metro being under the hotel. Saved tons of time and hassle.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Good afternoon huzuri,

Thank you very much for booking our hotel and sharing the wonderful comments about your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our location and convenience to so many things including the METRO and the shops and restaurants of Crystal City.

Please return to stay with us again the next time you are up in the D.C. area.
Kralendijk, Bonaire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This hotel and it's very friendly staff surpassed my expectations. As soon as we arrived we were made to feel very welcome, red carpet treatment by all of the staff throughout our stay. I did not know the area, the staff was extremely helpful in showing us how to use the metro into DC. The metro is easily accessible via a tunnel under the hotel, very convenient.
Our room was excellent, very comfortable and clean.
The hotel has an airport shuttle that takes you straight to the airport in no more than 10 minutes.
Note: The recent review 'Prison Courtyard' must be about a different property (possibly the Courtyard Marriott?), our experience was exactly the opposite. The Crystal City Marriott deserves a five star rating, from our end of July 2014 experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Good morning Sagebonaire,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review of your time at our hotel. We work very hard to provide a brilliant experience for our guests and I am so glad you enjoyed just that. From the service, to our location, to our rooms, it sounds like you had a great time and I hope this means you and your family will return to stay with us in the future.

Thank you again.
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Good points: Small fitness room but with good, new, equipment. Staff friendly. Room service fast and food good. Large rooms (mine at least - King bed, sofa).
Not so good points: Furnishings are a little dates. A little bit of walk (20 minutes) away from most restaurants (I'm thinking of the newish area where Taiphoon is and other stuff).

Room Tip: Not sure if it was just my room but the free wi-fi was terrible - had to go with the optional paid i...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Hello FBernal99,

Thank you very much for being a guest in our hotel and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. In fact, I was glad to read that you enjoyed our fitness room and found our staff to be friendly and I am sorry that the age of the furnishings detracted from your experience.

In addition, I know exactly the area you are speaking of with that restaurant and there is another area much closer. If one just walks down 20th street to Crystal Drive, there is another large selection of restaurants that are much closer.

Thank you again and I hope you will return to stay with us soon.