“Good experience overall” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good experience overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

The location is great for travelers using public transportation into D.C. The metro train station was easily accessible via the ground level of the hotel. The room was clean, staff was wonderful. The restaurant food was mediocre, but was fine enough if we needed a late night snack. The pool was never crowded and the life guard was friendly. The hotel atmosphere was never noisy. Overall it was a good experience.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor. Nice and quiet. Great view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Good morning Kalihah,

Thank you very much for being with us and also for letting us know about your experience. We agree that our location is ideal for exploring D.C. via the METRO and I am glad you were able to enjoy that aspect.

I was sorry however to read that you found our food only to be mediocre as we certainly want to be better than that. In fact, I will make sure our Culinary and Restaurant teams both hear this so they can step up their games.

Thank you again and I hope you will choose our hotel the next time you are back in the D.C. area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I booked this through Priceline and I was pleasantly surprised! The bed was awesome! And the convenience was great! All you have to do is go downstairs to shop, eat, or catch the metro. I used to live in DC so this was great for me. Parking was expensive as it is in most places in the DMV area. But I loved the convenience of the metro being under the hotel. Saved tons of time and hassle.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Good afternoon huzuri,

Thank you very much for booking our hotel and sharing the wonderful comments about your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed our location and convenience to so many things including the METRO and the shops and restaurants of Crystal City.

Please return to stay with us again the next time you are up in the D.C. area.
Kralendijk, Bonaire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

This hotel and it's very friendly staff surpassed my expectations. As soon as we arrived we were made to feel very welcome, red carpet treatment by all of the staff throughout our stay. I did not know the area, the staff was extremely helpful in showing us how to use the metro into DC. The metro is easily accessible via a tunnel under the hotel, very convenient.
Our room was excellent, very comfortable and clean.
The hotel has an airport shuttle that takes you straight to the airport in no more than 10 minutes.
Note: The recent review 'Prison Courtyard' must be about a different property (possibly the Courtyard Marriott?), our experience was exactly the opposite. The Crystal City Marriott deserves a five star rating, from our end of July 2014 experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Good morning Sagebonaire,

Thank you so much for this wonderful review of your time at our hotel. We work very hard to provide a brilliant experience for our guests and I am so glad you enjoyed just that. From the service, to our location, to our rooms, it sounds like you had a great time and I hope this means you and your family will return to stay with us in the future.

Thank you again.
Irvine, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Good points: Small fitness room but with good, new, equipment. Staff friendly. Room service fast and food good. Large rooms (mine at least - King bed, sofa).
Not so good points: Furnishings are a little dates. A little bit of walk (20 minutes) away from most restaurants (I'm thinking of the newish area where Taiphoon is and other stuff).

Room Tip: Not sure if it was just my room but the free wi-fi was terrible - had to go with the optional paid i...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Hello FBernal99,

Thank you very much for being a guest in our hotel and for taking the time to let us know about your experience. In fact, I was glad to read that you enjoyed our fitness room and found our staff to be friendly and I am sorry that the age of the furnishings detracted from your experience.

In addition, I know exactly the area you are speaking of with that restaurant and there is another area much closer. If one just walks down 20th street to Crystal Drive, there is another large selection of restaurants that are much closer.

Thank you again and I hope you will return to stay with us soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We got an unbelievable group rate, so I couldn't complain if our stay were only half as nice as it was. I tried Marriott's new mobile check-in, which had a few kinks to work out, but the lovely Deborah checked us in and was fabulous! She gave us a ton of tips, showed us maps and explained the area, even gave us an additional perk that I was not expecting. She went out of her way to provide exceptional service. At the end of our trip we were back at the desk asking a question, and she greeted us like an old friend. I hope this hotel knows what a gem they have in her.

The location is terrific! It's right by the airport, and it's a pretty easy trip down Route 1 to the beltway, even in rush hour. The pedestrian tunnels under the hotel connect all the shops & restaurants of Crystal City. We didn't even visit the yellow half, but stayed in the orange section. Once we followed Deborah's advice and explored that route, it was a breeze getting anywhere we wanted.

Everything about the hotel is very clean, down to the tunnels below it & even the garage.

We had hoped to visit the pool & gym but never had time, so I can't even comment on them.

Rooms: We got a King room on the 6th floor. It was very spacious and comfortable. Of course the Marriott beds are still more comfortable than my bed at home and they always give plenty of pillows - big reasons I'm pretty loyal to the brand. Both rooms we saw were connecting rooms, so I should've requested that, as my mom was traveling with us & ended up on the 3rd floor. Mom had a room with 2 doubles and was just as comfortable, although of course there wasn't quite as much open space.

Bathrooms: Not nearly as nice as the rest of the room/hotel. They are very tiny, with the sink inside (instead of the more modern separate dressing area). We didn't both fit in the bathroom at one time. There are no fans/ventilation in the bathrooms. While there was a very nice rainfall shower-head, the tub quickly filled because it didn't drain well. The toilet also didn't flush well. (It always had to be flushed more than once, often several times before it was clean.) The water pressure was good and hot water was always available. The toiletries were also nice, even the hand soap they provide.

Weird experience: When mom got her bill on check-out day, she was charged for internet for all 4 nights. It didn't show up on the bill on my Marriott app, so we went to the desk. Now mom does have a new tablet, but she knows when she's going online & she never did. If it were my room, I'd have thought perhaps I accidentally did something to incur the charge, but mom would never chance it. The lady at the desk said you need to explicitly accept the charge every single day & it had to be from inside the room. She acted like she doubted our story that it happened 4 days in a row, but she did reverse the charges. I hate to think this of Marriott, but I have been hearing more stories of hotels adding random charges to your bill hoping you don't notice... and we probably wouldn't have, except there was no reason her room would've cost more than ours. I hope no one at Marriott thinks we were trying to rip them off, but part of me wonders if they were trying to do the same. Or is their wireless not exact in locating connection points? I can guarantee she never would've known what the Ethernet wire was in her room, and she had nothing to connect that to, if that was the only way to access the internet.

Green Features: They ask you to hang towels you will reuse & they will replace any others. This was the perfect balance of environmentally-friendly and comfort.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Hello KerrBerr,

Thank you so much for your feedback to your recent stay. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the hotel and that Deborah was able to assist you while you were here. I can tell you that she is truly a joy to work with and I will make sure she is recognized for how she impacted your stay.

As for the internet in the guest room, the Front Desk was right in that when signing on through wired or wireless in the room, the guest is prompted to accept the charges. I will certainly have our IT person double check the system processes to see if there is an issue, but I am glad they were able to adjust off the charges for your mother.

Thank you again and I hope you will return to stay with us in the future.
Atenas, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Marriott for four nights while attending the convention of Jehovah's Witnesses in FedEx Field Landover. We arrived at the Marriott around 5 PM and check in was very easy and the front desk was very helpful. We had a room on the seventh floor and even though the hotel was very crowded we seem to never have to wait for one of the three elevators. We ordered breakfast in our room two mornings in a row and the food was excellent they have a guarantee that if the food is not delivered on time it was free so one of our breakfast's was free no questions asked the room service man just took it off the bill. On our last night we had dinner at the restaurant and also the service and food was excellent. Monday morning the shuttle to the airport was on time with no problems I can highly recommend staying at this hotel in the future.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Good afternoon GeraldHirsh,

Thank you so much for selecting to stay with us for such a great event. I truly appreciate that you were here and I am so happy to hear how wonderful your stay was. Your comments about our hotel, check in, the room, breakfast and even the shuttle were great to read and I am glad you took the time to share your feedback.

Thank you again and I hope you will stay with us the next time you find yourself back in the D.C. area.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Great location within minutes to DC for the festival. We had a good time! The rooms were clean the indoor pool was great with kids, they loved it. We initially took a train down but it's so much more faster and easier to just drive down and find parking.

AT first the local cab drivers scared us and even said they wouldn't advise to drive or even himself drive us in to the DC area for the festival. Because we are New Yorkers, we thought how bad could it be? Sure enough it was a breeze! the traffic was normal and expected, nothing crazy.

Room Tip: very high up. if you don't like heights ask for lower level.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Good morning BenAylin,

I am so happy you were able to enjoy the fantastic Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C. and that you chose to stay with us as you did. It is really a great time of year here and I am pleased you were able to be a part of it.

Thank you for choosing our hotel for this visit and I am so glad that your kids were able to enjoy our indoor pool while they were here too.

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!