“Nice hotel but could use some updating” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #16 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
“Nice hotel but could use some updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The staff was very nice & helpful. I was alone & had a detailed plan on visiting various sights. The staff was helpful & gave good advice.

I loved it that this hotel had an airport shuttle. After checking out of my room, my flight wasn't scheduled for about 4 hours. The staff were okay that I stayed in their lobby for a couple of hours reading a book before taking the shuttle.

The room was nice thought it felt a bit dated but the hotel price was right. The cleaning staff did a good job. The tub area & bathroom were clean. The bathroom counter was large and allowed me to spread out my toiletries. Shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, lotion and a hair dryer were provided and replenished daily.

Know that Wifi is not free. It cost about $13/day. It's free in the lobby.

It was great that the hotel is only a block away from the Crystal City Metro Station. You could walk to the station on the street or go through the underground shopping area. I went on an evening bus tour and, as I was told, riding the metro at 10pm and walking to the hotel was quite safe if you remain aware.

There were many restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Good morning Cody K,

I am so happy that you not only chose to stay with us but that you enjoyed your stay and shared your feedback. We certainly work to provide a wonderful and enjoyable stay for all of our guests and I am so glad you experienced that. As you described, there is a great selection of restaurants and even the METRO all within walking distance from our front doors or via the Crystal City Underground and I am pleased you took advantage of that.

Also, we are currently in the early stages of planning a room renovation so that they too will reflect the updated look and feel of our lobby, restaurant, concierge lounge, fitness center and meeting space. So hopefully the next time you return that may be in the works as we are always trying to improve our hotel.

Thank you again and I am so glad you not only enjoyed our hotel but the area we are in.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Jupiter, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Excellent hotel for conferences. Convenient to Reagan and D.C. If you have a few minutes to spare or need to eat or shop - the underground Crystal City is just steps away. I found a shop that had Coast Guard pins - that does not happen often.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 9th floor next to the elevator and never heard a thing.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Good morning William B,

Thank you very much for letting us know about your wonderful stay with us. We do a number of conferences at our hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. In addition, I know exactly the store you are talking about in the Crystal City Underground and I will stop by there to let them know you appreciate their USCG support.

Thank you again and I hope we will see you soon.
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had previously stayed at the Crystal City Marriott and had avioded it subsequently -- and now I remember why. The hotel is adequate -- but the staff are not. This MAY be a function of the pool of applicants who can be hired, but is more likely a reflection of inadequate management oversight and lack of training (or no one cares to set standards and enforce them). The room was clean and utilitarian, but the common areas were not as clean or well kept. My chief complaint is that during the night the room was either too hot or too cold. The thermostats seem to have a VERY wide temperature range, which makes for poor sleep quality. I had noted this on my previous visit, so I believe that this is not an isolated issue. One very nice aspect of the hotel is that you can access a small shopping area and the Metro without going outside in inclement weather. It is also in very close proximity to Reagan National Airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Good afternoon John S,

I am so sorry to have read that you found our hotel adequate but our staff lacking. We certainly work to be far better than that and I am very sorry we failed to me the expectation for service that you and I both have.

Please know your comments have already been shared among our entire hotel so that all areas may see how they impacted your stay and can put together a plan to improve moving forward.

Again, I am very sorry and I assure you that not only do we read all of the feedback we receive but we use it to continually improve so we may be a better hotel and provide a better experience for all of our guests.
Bristol, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Hotel in great location in Crystal City, right next to the metro. Was blown away at the very affordable rate I got for my room. Everything looked new, very clean & beds really comfortable. Perfect location to host Amma.
Would recommend this hotel for your next stay in DC since it's away from all the heavy city congestion then you can jump on the metro into town!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Good morning bodyhealer21,

Thank you so much for being with us and for sharing your wonderful feedback. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your time at our hotel including our rooms and our location, and I hope you will return to stay with us in the future.

Thank you again.
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family and I stayed here a few weekends ago for a weekend getaway. As soon as we arrived we were treated so wonderfully. Our bags were taken and carried to our room for us by Troy. He was exceptional during our stay and made our trip very memorable. He deserves accolades. We will definitely return and stay here at this clean and friendly hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Good evening Susan Z,

I am so happy to have read your wonderful comments about your visit to our hotel. We work very hard on our service and I can tell you that your feedback will be shared with our entire team so that everyone may hear how you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you very much and please consider returning to stay with us the next time you are visiting the Washington D.C. area.
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

It is a beautiful hotel, nice service at front desk and good food.

It is close to Reagan airport and to train station to go to DC. Very reasonable prices.

The rooms are as usual in marriott !!!! GREAT!!.

I do not recommend to use a car because the parking is expensive, but the shuttle can take you to the train station and you can move easily trough DC.

Do not miss the opportunity to stay in here,

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Good evening Justo05,

Thank you so much for being with us and for sharing your feedback about our hotel. It was great to read how you enjoyed your time and found our hotel and service to be so good.

I hope this means that the next time you are in the D.C. area you will stay with us and thank you again as we truly appreciate you having chosen our hotel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

Four night stay at the Crystal City Marriott without a single complaint. Received a great friends and family rate during the Miss United States pagent. Connected to the tunnel system for easy access to the Metro Station, and tunnel shopping. I would stay here again if I could get this rate.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Good afternoon Jumping_beano,

Thank you, thank you and thank you again. I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and I too hope you are able to return and stay with us the next time you are in the D.C. area.

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!