“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Coral Springs, Florida
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I thought that the location was great. Not downtown DC or near the monuments, but in Crystal city with direct underground access to the Metro. Walking distance to restaurants and shops. Hotel shuttle to Reagan Airport.

We were able to grab the Metro and go anywhere! Very convenient.

Room was newly decorated and very clean. Bathroom could have used 2 sinks or separate bath/toilet from the vanity. Also would have liked free bottled water in the room. The Hotel WiFi was too expensive , but Crystal city had free WiFi that I could link to from my room.

People and Bell staff were fantastic and went out of the way to help.
I would stay here again when in D.C.

My trip was vacation with adults only, not business or with kids, but the hotel did have a hot tub and pool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you very much for being with us on your recent trip to Washington D.C. and sharing your feedback. Your comments about our location, our staff, our rooms and even our pool were great to read and we truly appreciate you having been with us. I can tell you many guests choose our hotel due to our proximity to the METRO for touring D.C. and I'm glad it worked out so well for you too.

I hope you will consider returning to stay with us the next time you are in the D.C. area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
los angeles, ca
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I haven't checked out yet but here's what I've noticed thus far:

1. STAFF - excellent!!! Super friendly and they just over extend themselves and make you feel special. They did such a great job at accommodating our very early arrival and had 5 guests in their rooms by 9am

2. HOTEL- clean! Fitness center good especially with 24 hour access. The pool is big. Great lighting (sometimes hotel rooms can be so dark)

3. Bathrooms are small. You have be completely in bathroom before you close the door and the full length mirror in the closet (at least in my room) was in an awkward place (will post pics of it)

4. Great location. With metro access right under hotel and shops as well like a small market and drug store and other eateries.

I've been to DC over 10 times and have stayed either here at crystal city or gateway marriott and both are good places to stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
It was so nice to read your mid-stay review and thank you so much for your comments. We certainly strive to provide great service and a clean hotel to compliment our wonderful location and it sounds like you are experiencing all of that.

Thank you so much and I hope the rest of your stay goes just as well.
Kent, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I just got back from 3 days in DC, and at this hotel. This is a perfect place if you are looking for a convenient, clean place to stay. Although the hotel is an older building, they have obviously put a lot of work into renovating it recently. The entire place was very modern and clean, the rooms were comfortable and spacious.

The best part of staying here is the Shops at Crystal City. They aren't exactly what I was expecting, but it had a lot of very convenient things for us. The day we arrived there was over 4" of rain falling, so it was nice to be able to walk through the underground to get to places for dinner. There are a lot of options available, but I recommend spending some time in the lobby bar, Bell 20. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, especially the hostess (Tina? I can't remember). The happy hour specials are very good, the food was also very good.

If you want to get out, it is very easy to get anywhere in the city, the metro station is under the hotel, and you can get a day pass for unlimited rides for $14. We took the blue line direct from to hotel to all of the major attractions, and even during rush hour it was easy to get around.

We'll be back again the next time we come to DC.

Room Tip: Upper floors have decent views.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Wow, thank you so much not only for having chosen to stay at our hotel while you were in the D.C. area but also for taking the time to share your review. You said some great things about our hotel, our staff and our location and I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.

I hope you will be with us again the next time you are in the D.C. area so we can help make sure you have an equally wonderful visit.
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were in town for some sightseeing and a service at Arlington Natl Cem. Got a great online rate, staff was very helpful, metro one block away, many restaurants and shops one block the other direction in Crystal City area. We got "Concierge King" room with breakfast and access to Concierge lounge included which was nice. Rooms are nice but fairly standard with small (tight) bathroom. Enjoyed our stay.

Green Features: They had sign to leave towels on racks to not get fresh ones each day but they changed them out everyday anyway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you very much for being with us. I know there are a number of choices when you travel and we truly appreciate that you were here with us. It was so nice to hear how you were able to take advantage of our location and how close the METRO, shops and restaurants are to our hotel as well as that you enjoyed your room.

Thank you again and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Very nice an accommodating staff. Room was just ok. Bathroom very very small, had to shut door just to get to toilet. Walls were very thin, we always felt like someone was trying to open our door when it was actually the surrounding rooms. We could hear the voices in the room next door and I'm sure they heard our toddler crying in the middle of the night as well. Nice having small refrig. Restaurant was very good and staff was super.
Pool was nice. Proximity to Metro was easy. We had a special rate of $99/night. If we had paid the full price of $250/night I would have felt very cheated.

Room Tip: Ask for larger bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for having chosen to stay with us on your recent visit and I was happy to hear that you found our staff to be nice and accomodating. We certainly work hard to provide great service as it is truly what we can influence each and every day, and I am glad you experienced it.

Also, I am sorry that the bathroom size and neighbor noise was bothersome, but please know your feedback is very important and will help shape the future changes for our hotel.

Thank you again and I do apprecaite that you were here with us.
Watchung, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My family of five stayed here for a short family vacation to see the sights of DC. I have three small children, so we wanted to be near the Metro and not have to walk too much (except for in DC). Crystal City itself is very nice and the hotel was clean, spacious, and comfortable. For the most part the staff was very, very polite and nice. It is a standard hotel room, but very clean and there is plenty of room. We were able to fit the twin Aerobed for one of our children with absolutely no problem. Our view was kind of the pits (we overlooked the roof), but the beds were extremely comfortable and we heard nothing. No noise from the airport or in the hall bothered us and we were there during a holiday week. Our one complaint was consistently the restaurant in the hotel, Bell 20. We paid ahead of time to have breakfast for our family, and we found we had to wait every morning, for quite some time to be seated. Once seated, the waiters took forever to come around to us. All but Newton seemed to be overwhelmed or annoyed that we were there. On our last morning, there were no clean plates and they had no food by the time we got a seat!! However, the selection of food was overall great and we even chose to eat dinner there one night because it was easy and very tasty. I would stay there again and I would recommened it to my friends who have children, for sure.

Room Tip: pay the extra to have breakfast there - it's worth it!! there are shops and restaurants below i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I truly appreciate that you and your family chose to stay with us while visiting D.C. and I am thankful that you took the time to leave your feedback. We certainly read everything we get and share it among all the areas of the hotel so everyone may hear what went well and what needs attention.

I am also sorry that the restaurant was so busy for breakfast and your feedback about having to wait to be seated and the service are certainly being addressed by their leadership so that they can improve.

Thank you again and I do hope you will stay with us in the future.
Central Arizona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Went there for a business trip but not overly impressed. Free shuttle was full (twice) and ended up taking a Metro to the hotel. The Metro stop is directly attached to the hotel which would be a plus in inclement weather. There is a coffee shop in spacious lobby. Rooms were clean but nothing to rave about. Staff was not overly friendly or helpful. For a tourist there is nothing to see within walking distance so you'd have to take a Metro to get to the typical stops. The hotel's food is pricey but in the Metro stop there are other more affordable choices but they mainly shut down after the office workers leave for the day. There are also other nearby restaurants. Will be staying there again in June so we'll see if anything has changed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
As one of the members of the hotel's leadership that has read your review, I am sorry things did not go better. We cerainly work hard to provide a wonderful experience through our location, our product and our service for our guests and it sounds like we missed the mark.

I am glad that you are returning to stay with us in June and hope that you will find that visit to be more of the level we work towards. And in fact, if there is anything I can do to be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jt.magee@marriott.com.

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!