“Great place to stay for visit to DC area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast is Included!
Ranked #14 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Evansville, Indiana
“Great place to stay for visit to DC area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We were in town for some sightseeing and a service at Arlington Natl Cem. Got a great online rate, staff was very helpful, metro one block away, many restaurants and shops one block the other direction in Crystal City area. We got "Concierge King" room with breakfast and access to Concierge lounge included which was nice. Rooms are nice but fairly standard with small (tight) bathroom. Enjoyed our stay.

Green Features: They had sign to leave towels on racks to not get fresh ones each day but they changed them out everyday anyway.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you very much for being with us. I know there are a number of choices when you travel and we truly appreciate that you were here with us. It was so nice to hear how you were able to take advantage of our location and how close the METRO, shops and restaurants are to our hotel as well as that you enjoyed your room.

Thank you again and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Very nice an accommodating staff. Room was just ok. Bathroom very very small, had to shut door just to get to toilet. Walls were very thin, we always felt like someone was trying to open our door when it was actually the surrounding rooms. We could hear the voices in the room next door and I'm sure they heard our toddler crying in the middle of the night as well. Nice having small refrig. Restaurant was very good and staff was super.
Pool was nice. Proximity to Metro was easy. We had a special rate of $99/night. If we had paid the full price of $250/night I would have felt very cheated.

Room Tip: Ask for larger bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for having chosen to stay with us on your recent visit and I was happy to hear that you found our staff to be nice and accomodating. We certainly work hard to provide great service as it is truly what we can influence each and every day, and I am glad you experienced it.

Also, I am sorry that the bathroom size and neighbor noise was bothersome, but please know your feedback is very important and will help shape the future changes for our hotel.

Thank you again and I do apprecaite that you were here with us.
Watchung, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

My family of five stayed here for a short family vacation to see the sights of DC. I have three small children, so we wanted to be near the Metro and not have to walk too much (except for in DC). Crystal City itself is very nice and the hotel was clean, spacious, and comfortable. For the most part the staff was very, very polite and nice. It is a standard hotel room, but very clean and there is plenty of room. We were able to fit the twin Aerobed for one of our children with absolutely no problem. Our view was kind of the pits (we overlooked the roof), but the beds were extremely comfortable and we heard nothing. No noise from the airport or in the hall bothered us and we were there during a holiday week. Our one complaint was consistently the restaurant in the hotel, Bell 20. We paid ahead of time to have breakfast for our family, and we found we had to wait every morning, for quite some time to be seated. Once seated, the waiters took forever to come around to us. All but Newton seemed to be overwhelmed or annoyed that we were there. On our last morning, there were no clean plates and they had no food by the time we got a seat!! However, the selection of food was overall great and we even chose to eat dinner there one night because it was easy and very tasty. I would stay there again and I would recommened it to my friends who have children, for sure.

Room Tip: pay the extra to have breakfast there - it's worth it!! there are shops and restaurants below i...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I truly appreciate that you and your family chose to stay with us while visiting D.C. and I am thankful that you took the time to leave your feedback. We certainly read everything we get and share it among all the areas of the hotel so everyone may hear what went well and what needs attention.

I am also sorry that the restaurant was so busy for breakfast and your feedback about having to wait to be seated and the service are certainly being addressed by their leadership so that they can improve.

Thank you again and I do hope you will stay with us in the future.
Central Arizona, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Went there for a business trip but not overly impressed. Free shuttle was full (twice) and ended up taking a Metro to the hotel. The Metro stop is directly attached to the hotel which would be a plus in inclement weather. There is a coffee shop in spacious lobby. Rooms were clean but nothing to rave about. Staff was not overly friendly or helpful. For a tourist there is nothing to see within walking distance so you'd have to take a Metro to get to the typical stops. The hotel's food is pricey but in the Metro stop there are other more affordable choices but they mainly shut down after the office workers leave for the day. There are also other nearby restaurants. Will be staying there again in June so we'll see if anything has changed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
As one of the members of the hotel's leadership that has read your review, I am sorry things did not go better. We cerainly work hard to provide a wonderful experience through our location, our product and our service for our guests and it sounds like we missed the mark.

I am glad that you are returning to stay with us in June and hope that you will find that visit to be more of the level we work towards. And in fact, if there is anything I can do to be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at jt.magee@marriott.com.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I haven't even gotten there yet but I wanted to say just booking my room and getting my payment straight has been excellent .I'm sure im not spelling this right but Lakeisha has been wonderful and so helpful just doing this part. If my stay is anything like the planning part I expect everything to be excellent . Will review again after my stay. Again she has been wonderful in assisting me. Thank you so much

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Good afternoon and thank you so much for this incredible review. In fact, it was so special that not only has Lakeysha seen it, but it has been shared all through our hotel. Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your feedback and I hope your stay was just as good as the planning stage.
Northern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

A friend of ours suggested the Crystal City Marriott and it was a great choice. The people there were wonderful and the location is perfect for commuting into DC.

We were welcomed to the hotel by Malik at the front desk and he was wonderful - very friendly and welcoming. We had booked a concierge room. When I checked in, I requested a Executive Suite and Malik was kind enough to find one for us. This worked out well as my wife and I had a room to ourselves while the kids slept on the couch. The room was nicely setup with the extra touches (vases, centerpieces, 2 TV's, lots of seating) that you would expect in a suite.

While at the hotel, we thoroughly enjoyed the Concierge Lounge. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, bread, cereal, fruit, and yogurt for breakfast. In the evening, we had appetizers like chicken wings, nachos, beef wellington, cheese & crackers, and fruit, along with a reasonably priced honor bar. And the staff was friendly and helpful. For us, the concierge lounge took care of 1 1/2 meals every day, so the difference in cost was a wash. The one thing about the Concierge Lounge is that it is not open on Saturday so they give you coupons to eat breakfast in the regular restaurant on Saturday and Sunday. We had great service from Reuben for breakfast on Sunday.

As for the Bell20, the regular restaurant, we ate there Saturday night and had a wonderful meal. My kids split a wonderful Filet Mignon and my wife had the crabs cakes which were good also. They, also, brought out warm pretzel sticks as bread which were great.

Also, we spent every night in the pool which was a good way to wind down and the kids had a lot of fun. The only thing to be aware of is that the pool is only open from 6-9 AM and 5-11 PM.

The location of the Crystal City is ideal. It is about a 5 minute walk (underground) to the Metro station. We had picked up SmartTrip cards and all of trips over the 4 days worked well. The Metro system is well laid out and made it easy for us to visit all parts of the city.

Also, the Crystal City Marriott is located at Crystal City, which is a large mall complex, so you have lots of shops and restaurants to visit.

All in all, we had a wonderful trip to DC and the Crystal City Marriott really made it extra special.

Room Tip: The Concierge Lounge is excellent Try to get an executive suite. The pool was a lot of fun, but it...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you, thank you and thank you again for this fantastic review of our hotel. As you know, many people work very hard to provide the experience you described and I am so happy you had a wonderful time. Your comments about our service, the room, the location, the restaurant and the concierge lounge were great to read and I am so thankful you were with us.

Please know that I will make sure Malik and Reuben both hear about your experience and how they positively impacted your stay.

Thank you again and I sincerely hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my third visit to dc and have stayed at 4 different hotels, in different areas, including Chinatown, Dupont Circle, and Pentagon City. This was my favorite location so far. The metro station is attached to the hotel, and there is a whole underground shopping center. It was so convenient to get around on the yellow line! Also, the staff was very very good. Not only nice, but professional and efficient. They really did help me out a couple of times and seemed happy to do it. For instance: one lady at the front desk came and helped my print out my boarding pass when she saw I was having some problems, and did it with a smile. Also, when I went to claim my bags, the bellhop automatically said, "Do you need a taxi, or shuttle?" I didn't even have to ask! i know that might sound minor, but after all the places I have been, including a lot of 4/5 star hotels, that type of thing rarely happens now and is really appreciated. I would stay there on my next trip back for that reason alone.

Negatives: room is very sparse, really needs a table or something. Also, wi fi should be free. Period.

Food: I had a burger and fries one night at the restaurant, kind of late and it was good. The breakfast buffet was not good and over priced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I want to thank you not only for having stayed with us, but also for taking the time to leave such a complete review. It was wonderful to read about our staff and their service, especially how your interaction with our Bellman made such an impact. I am sorry though for your cons and will make sure that the culinary and restaurant teams see your comments so that they too can learn how your stay was impacted by their work.

Thank you again and I certainly hope you will return in the future.

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!