“Wonderful Family Visit to DC” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Northern NJ
“Wonderful Family Visit to DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

A friend of ours suggested the Crystal City Marriott and it was a great choice. The people there were wonderful and the location is perfect for commuting into DC.

We were welcomed to the hotel by Malik at the front desk and he was wonderful - very friendly and welcoming. We had booked a concierge room. When I checked in, I requested a Executive Suite and Malik was kind enough to find one for us. This worked out well as my wife and I had a room to ourselves while the kids slept on the couch. The room was nicely setup with the extra touches (vases, centerpieces, 2 TV's, lots of seating) that you would expect in a suite.

While at the hotel, we thoroughly enjoyed the Concierge Lounge. They had scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, bread, cereal, fruit, and yogurt for breakfast. In the evening, we had appetizers like chicken wings, nachos, beef wellington, cheese & crackers, and fruit, along with a reasonably priced honor bar. And the staff was friendly and helpful. For us, the concierge lounge took care of 1 1/2 meals every day, so the difference in cost was a wash. The one thing about the Concierge Lounge is that it is not open on Saturday so they give you coupons to eat breakfast in the regular restaurant on Saturday and Sunday. We had great service from Reuben for breakfast on Sunday.

As for the Bell20, the regular restaurant, we ate there Saturday night and had a wonderful meal. My kids split a wonderful Filet Mignon and my wife had the crabs cakes which were good also. They, also, brought out warm pretzel sticks as bread which were great.

Also, we spent every night in the pool which was a good way to wind down and the kids had a lot of fun. The only thing to be aware of is that the pool is only open from 6-9 AM and 5-11 PM.

The location of the Crystal City is ideal. It is about a 5 minute walk (underground) to the Metro station. We had picked up SmartTrip cards and all of trips over the 4 days worked well. The Metro system is well laid out and made it easy for us to visit all parts of the city.

Also, the Crystal City Marriott is located at Crystal City, which is a large mall complex, so you have lots of shops and restaurants to visit.

All in all, we had a wonderful trip to DC and the Crystal City Marriott really made it extra special.

Room Tip: The Concierge Lounge is excellent Try to get an executive suite. The pool was a lot of fun, but it...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you, thank you and thank you again for this fantastic review of our hotel. As you know, many people work very hard to provide the experience you described and I am so happy you had a wonderful time. Your comments about our service, the room, the location, the restaurant and the concierge lounge were great to read and I am so thankful you were with us.

Please know that I will make sure Malik and Reuben both hear about your experience and how they positively impacted your stay.

Thank you again and I sincerely hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

This was my third visit to dc and have stayed at 4 different hotels, in different areas, including Chinatown, Dupont Circle, and Pentagon City. This was my favorite location so far. The metro station is attached to the hotel, and there is a whole underground shopping center. It was so convenient to get around on the yellow line! Also, the staff was very very good. Not only nice, but professional and efficient. They really did help me out a couple of times and seemed happy to do it. For instance: one lady at the front desk came and helped my print out my boarding pass when she saw I was having some problems, and did it with a smile. Also, when I went to claim my bags, the bellhop automatically said, "Do you need a taxi, or shuttle?" I didn't even have to ask! i know that might sound minor, but after all the places I have been, including a lot of 4/5 star hotels, that type of thing rarely happens now and is really appreciated. I would stay there on my next trip back for that reason alone.

Negatives: room is very sparse, really needs a table or something. Also, wi fi should be free. Period.

Food: I had a burger and fries one night at the restaurant, kind of late and it was good. The breakfast buffet was not good and over priced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I want to thank you not only for having stayed with us, but also for taking the time to leave such a complete review. It was wonderful to read about our staff and their service, especially how your interaction with our Bellman made such an impact. I am sorry though for your cons and will make sure that the culinary and restaurant teams see your comments so that they too can learn how your stay was impacted by their work.

Thank you again and I certainly hope you will return in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

When they say that check-in is 4pm, they mean AFTER 4pm. We had to wait for quite some time to get into our room, and the justification was that they offered a late check-out of 1pm. The sheet would not stay on the bed throughout the night which was very annoying for both of us. We expected more from a hotel that bears the Marriott name. It is attached to the metro so that is nice in cold or rainy weather. However, the metro is still quite a long walk from the hotel itself. Room was clean. Area seemed safe.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
I want to apologize to you for what sounds like a less then fantastic stay. I will be following up with our Front Desk and Housekeeping teams so that they too may hear your comments to identify and address the issues you described.

We certainly strive to provide a top notch stay, and as difficult as it is to hear when a guest was unhappy, it helps us identify where to focus our efforts. But again, I am sorry things did not go as smoothly as we certainly work towards.

I also want to thank you for having chosen to stay with us and I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to show you our true level of service in the future.
Mssachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The hotel was perfectly nice. However, it was very frustrating that after waiting for a while at the hotel shuttle stand at the airport and having a marriott shuttle pass us by, I called and was told they don't pick up at the JetBlue terminal. How could I have known that? One of the reasons I picked the hotel was for the shuttle convenience. We ended up taking a taxi because we were in a hurry.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Good morning and thank you for your feedback about your recent stay. I was happy to hear that your experience at our hotel was good but certainly disappointed to hear about your shuttle challenges and I am very sorry. I will be following up with the shuttle team as well as the hosts that answer our phones as the shuttle does pick up and drop off outside Terminal A.

Again, I am very sorry and can certainly understand how that did not set the tone for a perfect hotel experience. But I can assure you that I will use your feedback to make sure we improve for our future guests.
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed here for two nights of site seeing in DC. The location is great because it is a short walk (indoors) to the Metro which you can use to see all the sites in DC. Shuttle service from DCA every 20 min. Lots of great restaurants within walking distance. The front desk staff was not particularly friendly or helpful upon check in, and did not (or could not) accommodate our request for a king room. The bell staff and shuttle drivers were very friendly. The room was updated but not the bathroom which seemed a bit odd but then, we were not in the room much anyway so yes I would stay here again because of the convenience factor.

Room Tip: The hallways are short. Ask for a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for not only staying with us but also for taking the time to share your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed yourself but concerned about your comments regarding our Front Desk as they certainly need to provide a friendly and helpful experience for our guests. I will be sharing your comments with them so that they can hear how you felt and use that to improve their performance.

Thank you again and I do hope you will stay with us again.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for five days and it was awesome. The hotel is right near the metro station connected with a well lit tunnel. There are so many shops connected with the same tunnel. I just want to clarify that this hotel is not at a metro station, however is a short walk from it via the tunnel. There is a Dunkin Donuts (for breakfast), Rite Aide, Subway etc. Couple of very good restaurants are walking distance away (Indian and Ethiopian are the ones that we tried). We also tried the restaurant in the hotel and it was very good.
The hotel staff were awesome. I loved the little details like referring to us by our last names (the personal touch). The bed of the hotel was one of my top 5 most comfortable beds ever! I personally just missed a fan in the room (I know it is kinda odd but I like wind in the room). The was no issues getting to DC, just a small trip via train. The ticket machines are tricky. First timers make sure to get with a metro representative to get details and a map. Will recommend it to everyone and will stay here again!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. It was so great to read how you took advantage of our location with the METRO, the Crystal City Underground shops and all the restaurants in the area. I was also pleased to read your kind words about our restaurant BELL20 our beds and certainly our service. We certainly work hard on our service and I am glad it showed.

I hope we will see you again the next time you are in the D.C. area.
Austin, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Absolutely amazing! The staff is incredibly helpful/accommodating all while being charismatic, Mike from the Bell20 and the security guard I wandered too with questions made a great case for the type of staff employed here. The rooms are on par with the staff, fully and luxuriously stocked with a bed that made it hard to want to get out of :)

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
I was so happy to read your review and espcially your recognition of Mike in Bell20 and one of our Security officers. I can tell you that everyone here works hard to provide a brilliant hotel experience for all of our guests and I am so glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel.

Thank you so much and I hope the next time you are in the D.C. area you will choose to stay with us again.

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!