“Good location and Good service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save Up to 25% in No. VA
Ranked #15 of 47 hotels in Arlington
China
“Good location and Good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed there with my two sons and, as Marriott Platinum members, were treated well. They upgraded our room and gave us the breakfast buffet. The buffet was much simpler than I expected, but still good. The strange thing is they don't have bowls- just these large saucer plates that you use for everything- even cereal.

The pool was great for kids and there's even a hot tube beside it.

On our way out, we used a drink voucher for a cup of coffee at the lobby lounge and the server, Abby, was very friendly and helpful with my kids- she even mixed them up a special soda drink. It really made their day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
It is always great to hear from our Platinum guests and I am pleased we provided a positive hotel experience for you and your sons. In addition, I will certainly make sure that Abby is recognized for providing such service as we all certainly strive to host our guests brilliantly.

Thank you again.

479 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

You can't beat the location! It is very close to the airport and a complimentary shuttle bus is available to take you to and fro. You can leisurely walk to many stores (Nordstrom Rack, Costco, CVS), restaurants and the huge galleria center. The Metro is close by for transportation to all the major attractions in DC. You do not really need a rental car, unless you plan to do some driving to other far away places. The hotel is situated in an area occupied by other hotels and another Marriott is across the street. Therefore, do not get the 2 mixed up.

This establishment had a grand interior and the staff was cordial and pleasant. All amenities were present except the internet service was not complimentary. You have to pay for it and wire-less cannot be connected without the paid option.

The room was nice, spacious and the bed was comfortable. Unfortunately, the bedding (pillow & sheet) was a little stained as so was the sofa. Sleep is not a problem because it is quiet.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for takiong the time to share your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I was very happy to read about how our location and staff met your needs but I was very concerned about your houskeeping comment. In fact, I will be sharing that directly with that team so that they may hear about your stay and realize how crucial it is to provide a perfectly prepared guest room as we would all expect.

In addition, while at this time we do charge for internet in our guest rooms and meeting space, we do offer complimentary wifi in our lobby as well as we have complimentary computers with internet access in our lobby, business center and concierge lounge. We certainly know how important it is to be able to stay connected when traveling and continue to work to maintain and upgrade our systems to do so.

Thank you again and I hope we will have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the future.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Five of us stayed here for a Saturday night while in DC for various outings. The check-in process was swift and painless; the lobby is very nice and they serve Starbucks coffee in a little cafe there. They allowed us to check in early (1pm), which was very convenient to leave our bags there so we could go sightseeing. The hotel is directly connected to the Crystal City underground mall and the metro stop.

Our room had two double beds, two chairs, a safe, refrigerator, cozy bathroom, and a closet (room 1034). I had requested a roll-away bed upon booking, and when I checked in, they assured me that room service would bring it up during the afternoon while we were away. At 7pm, we called the front desk to ask for it to be brought up, but when we returned at 3am, they still had not brought it. If this one request had been fulfilled, I would've rated this place 5/5 for the price bracket it's in.

The beds were very comfortable, and the pillows were just right. Our room faced east, and the gap between each side of the curtains wasn't quite enough to keep out all the light. However, I was able to fasten it closed with a hair tie.

We did not observe any insects or inadequate housekeeping. Everything was clean and appeared to be fairly new. We were very satisfied with our stay here, and I am planning to return to this hotel for my next DC trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for picking our hotel for your fun night out and I am glad everything went well and we were able to get you checked right in so you could drop your things and start your get-away.

I will however, be speaking with our Housekeeping team regarding the issue with the roll away as that certainly should not have taken that long to be delivered. I am sorry that did not go as smoothly as everything else did.

Finally, thank you for already letting us know you will be returning. We do not take that for granted and really appreciate when guests choose to return. See you soon!
San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Bid on Priceline got rooms almost 1/2 price. The subway is right below making going outside unnessary. Which was great. Clean room. Super soft linen. Room had refri no microwave. Spacy room.now the con: room walls super thin. Didn't sleep listening to next room talking, coming in and out, etc. I am sssoooo sleepy! Plus: restaurant food good, pricy.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for having stayed with us and I am happy you were able to take advantage of a discount opportunity. As someone that travels as well, I can certinly understand how a good deal is a great way to stay.

I am sorry however that you were disturbed by your neighbors and hope that the next time you stay with us you are able to sleep more peacefully. In addition, while we do have refrigerators in every room, we do have a few microwaves available on a first-come first-served basis so please ask at check in and we will try to accomodate you.

Thank you again and I hope you will return to us in the future.
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We picked this hotel because of it's convenience to the Metro - it is connected underground and approximately "1 block" away. Also underground are shops, restaurants etc. The hotel was great-nice spacious King room, clean bathroom, great shower, safe parking, etc. We also got a great deal ($75) on the price. Never ate there, just had a drink in the bar. Too many other neat places to go and eat just a few metro stops away. When our metro stop was closed for repairs one day, there was a free shuttle to the next stop.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
It sounds like you certainly enjoyed our hotel and the many advantages of our location and I am so thankful you took the time to share your comments.

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us and I truly hope you will return to stay with us in the future.
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 38th Wedding Anniversary, and this hotel was the perfect place to stay. Room was very nice and spacious, bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was very nice and equipped with the things you need. The only thing that I did not like was the air conditioning was loud, but it was not that hot anyways, so it was ok. Metro Station is only 3 min away, restaurants are close by and the underground mall is nice. Perfect location to stay. I recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. Staff members were very helpful and pleasant. We were very impressed with this hotel so we extended our stay for another day for a total of 3 nights. Will definitely book this hotel on our next stay. the Restaurant at the hotel had a breakfast buffett, that was nice also.

Room Tip: AC Unit was loud on our floor, 7th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to have ready your comments and that you chose us for such a wonderful occassion. Your comments about our service and your experience with our hosts is exactly what we hope to achieve for all of our guests and I am thrilled you enjoyed yourself enough to extend your stay with us.

And finally, congratulations on your wedding anniversary!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I just finished an enjoyable four night stay. The hotel is convenient to the D.C. sights as others have mentioned and it is only one Metro stop away from a huge shopping mall at Pentagon City.

The lobby has been renovated but is still a little cramped since it serves as lobby and bar/Starbucks. The room is adequate and the bed was very comfortable. I agree with others that the A/C was a little noisy, but it was effective. There is a flat screen TV with a few HD channels. The bathroom is small by anyone's standard. Housekeeping was hit and miss on timing.

I found most of the staff very friendly but not always efficient - for example, I ordered a beer at the bar and the lady looked for five minutes for a bottle opener.

The hotel is popular with conventions and reunion groups. Depending on your timing, be prepared for overflow crowds in the lobby and lengthy waits for the three elevators.

When traveling to the area, I usually stay here or at the nearby Marriott Gateway depending on the rates at the time. They are both connected to the underground walkway. I would normally prefer Gateway, but the rate this time was too good to pass up. Both hotels are fine, I would just give the nod to the Gateway due to the expanded public areas unless there is a rate difference.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and thank you as well for the feedback. Our renovated lobby, restaurant and bar are something we are very proud of and yes, depending on how busy the hotel is, from time to time it can get busy there.

I will be passing on your comments about the room and especially about the delay in service at the bar so that we may continue to improve those areas as we certainly strive to provide a wonderful and brilliantly serviced experience for our guests. And in addition, I do hope you will continue to stay with us in the future the next time you are in the area.

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!