“Visit to DC” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Indianapolis
“Visit to DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We picked this hotel because of it's convenience to the Metro - it is connected underground and approximately "1 block" away. Also underground are shops, restaurants etc. The hotel was great-nice spacious King room, clean bathroom, great shower, safe parking, etc. We also got a great deal ($75) on the price. Never ate there, just had a drink in the bar. Too many other neat places to go and eat just a few metro stops away. When our metro stop was closed for repairs one day, there was a free shuttle to the next stop.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
It sounds like you certainly enjoyed our hotel and the many advantages of our location and I am so thankful you took the time to share your comments.

Thank you for having chosen to stay with us and I truly hope you will return to stay with us in the future.

482 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 38th Wedding Anniversary, and this hotel was the perfect place to stay. Room was very nice and spacious, bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was very nice and equipped with the things you need. The only thing that I did not like was the air conditioning was loud, but it was not that hot anyways, so it was ok. Metro Station is only 3 min away, restaurants are close by and the underground mall is nice. Perfect location to stay. I recommend anyone to stay at this hotel. Staff members were very helpful and pleasant. We were very impressed with this hotel so we extended our stay for another day for a total of 3 nights. Will definitely book this hotel on our next stay. the Restaurant at the hotel had a breakfast buffett, that was nice also.

Room Tip: AC Unit was loud on our floor, 7th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy to have ready your comments and that you chose us for such a wonderful occassion. Your comments about our service and your experience with our hosts is exactly what we hope to achieve for all of our guests and I am thrilled you enjoyed yourself enough to extend your stay with us.

And finally, congratulations on your wedding anniversary!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I just finished an enjoyable four night stay. The hotel is convenient to the D.C. sights as others have mentioned and it is only one Metro stop away from a huge shopping mall at Pentagon City.

The lobby has been renovated but is still a little cramped since it serves as lobby and bar/Starbucks. The room is adequate and the bed was very comfortable. I agree with others that the A/C was a little noisy, but it was effective. There is a flat screen TV with a few HD channels. The bathroom is small by anyone's standard. Housekeeping was hit and miss on timing.

I found most of the staff very friendly but not always efficient - for example, I ordered a beer at the bar and the lady looked for five minutes for a bottle opener.

The hotel is popular with conventions and reunion groups. Depending on your timing, be prepared for overflow crowds in the lobby and lengthy waits for the three elevators.

When traveling to the area, I usually stay here or at the nearby Marriott Gateway depending on the rates at the time. They are both connected to the underground walkway. I would normally prefer Gateway, but the rate this time was too good to pass up. Both hotels are fine, I would just give the nod to the Gateway due to the expanded public areas unless there is a rate difference.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for staying with us and thank you as well for the feedback. Our renovated lobby, restaurant and bar are something we are very proud of and yes, depending on how busy the hotel is, from time to time it can get busy there.

I will be passing on your comments about the room and especially about the delay in service at the bar so that we may continue to improve those areas as we certainly strive to provide a wonderful and brilliantly serviced experience for our guests. And in addition, I do hope you will continue to stay with us in the future the next time you are in the area.
Charlottesville, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Spent just one night, prior to flying out of DCA the following morning. Very close and convenient to the airport, with its own complimentary shuttle, and easy to get to. Parking was a breeze. Ample and spacious covered parking.

Keisha was great at the front desk when I checked in, acknowledging my reservation requests and welcoming me as a Gold member.

The room was comfortable and extremely spacious. Could have easily accommodated a sleeper sofa. A/C unit ran with efficiency all night. At no time during the night, did I feel too warm. Hot water was amazing! It was like having an instant hot water tank in my room.

Had dinner at Bell20. Ruth was very attentive without being obtrusive. She was also very patient, while I waited for a friend to join me for a drink as well.

The concierge lounge was actually pretty nice. After dinner, I stopped by for dessert which amounted to brownies and chocolate chip cookies. Nothing fussy or pretentious. Just good and delicious sweet chocolateness. There was an hour bar with premium spirits, but passed up the hard stuff for a soda. The following morning, I had breakfast at the concierge lounge before heading to the airport. Breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, fresh fruit and juices. For a lounge breakfast, it was actually quite good. The eggs were much better than those I've had at a Ritz-Carlton club lounge close by to this property.

When I returned from my trip, I did not have to wait long for the hotel shuttle. I'd definitely return here, the next time I have an early morning flight out of DCA.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you so much not only for choosing our hotel before flying out of DCA but also for sharing the details of your experience. I can tell you, from reading your comments you really got to sample a good portion of what we have to offer and I am so happy you enjoyed it. In addition, thank you for taking the time to single out several of our hosts as they too will be recognized for your wonderful comments.

And don't worry, we will all be here for your next flight out of DCA and we hope to have the pleasure of being able to provide another brilliant stay.
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My daughter and I spent last weekend here while playing tourists in DC. We were very impressed. The room was large, clean and quiet. The bathroom was very clean and equipped with nice toiltetries. Our beds were very comfy. The 3 or 4 staff members we spoke to were so helpful and pleasant. The location was great. We had easy access to the Metro via an adjoining below ground mall. There were nice restaurants just around the corner from the hotel. (While the hotel also had a restaurant we didn't have a chance to try it out.) We didn't have time to try the pool or hot tub, but they looked great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
It was our pleasure to be able to host you and your daughter on your trip to DC and I am so appreciative you took the time to share such wonderful feedback about our hotel, its location and our staff. And since you did not get a chance to try our restaurant BELL20 or our pool, it just means you will have to come back in the future.

Thank you again!
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just returned from a pleasant stay at the CC Marriot. Location of hotel is great. The metro, shopping and lots of restaurants are at your door. Hotel service was wonderful from the front desk to valet. We were always greeted by our names and with a smile. The pool was nice and very clean. The gym was really nice and common areas are well maintained. Rooms are a decent size. We had 4 in our party. Two adults and two kids ages 11 and 12. The bathroom, however was tiny. It had to be the smallest bathroom we have ever encountered at a hotel. I would recommend the CC Marriot to anyone looking for a reasonably priced ($109 a night with breakfast included), clean hotel near the metro around Washington DC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
From reading your comments it is clear you really took advantage of your stay with us and that is exactly how we like it. Use our pool, our gym, our common areas and enjoy the service and smile we strive for. Now if there was just a way we could make that bathroom a little bigger. :)

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your kind words about our hotel and our service. It is truly appreciated.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

From the second we walked in the doors of this hotel until we left the friendliness of the staff was top notch. From tips on how to get around, places to eat, etc, made this trip perfect. Located next to the subway which you can get to indoors or outside (short walk) with easy access to the City and all attraction you care to see. All this added to a great get away from Toronto. Beds were so comfy with the choice of 6 different pillows, the shower was clean and had you wanting to stay in longer to relax even more. Only bit that I didn't like was that they offered free wireless in the lobby but was hard to get a signal...but there was 2 computers that you could use if you really needed to use the web. OR you could pay for wireless in the room which I'm sure had more signal.

Perfect place to get away.

Room Tip: Conviently located to the Metro (subway), clean rooms,
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for having stayed with us on your get away from Toronto and I am happy to hear how you enjoyed our hotel. We are always trying to improve the signal strength for our wireless as we know how important it is to stay connected when traveling. I will have our IT and Engineering team take a look and make sure we are getting as much as we can out of our set up.

Thank you again and thank you for having chosen our hotel.

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!