“Still my D.C. hotel of choice” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 15% off
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Watertown, Connecticut
“Still my D.C. hotel of choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I first reviewed the Crystal City Marriott here after staying at the hotel in April 2012. I said then that I had an all-around great experience and that I would definitely stay at the hotel on my next trip to Washington, D.C. I just returned from another trip and the Crystal City Marriott has retained its charms!

The purpose of this trip, like the one of a year ago, was to visit old friends from my days as a graduate student at American University and to do some sightseeing.

Once again, I took the Metro to the hotel after landing at Reagan National Airport. Someone getting off the Metro at the Crystal City station can access the hotel via a short underground tunnel. That setup is very convenient.

When I checked in, the front-desk staff members were, again, extremely pleasant and helpful.

My room was identical to the one I had last year. It was very spacious, and had a nice bathroom. The king-size bed and the arm chair were especially comfortable. I also appreciated the refrigerator, and the iron and ironing board. The room was very quiet, which also was nice.

This year, I had a chance to make use of the hotel's pool and hot tub. It's nothing fancy, but I got in a good swims and sitting in the hot tub after a long day was very relaxing.

I also had two meals - one dinner and one breakfast - in the hotel's Bell 20 restaurant. On both occasions, the food was tasty and the service was outstanding.

I spent three nights in the hotel, just as I did last year. Also like last year, I had a 1:00 check-out time and a 10:00 (p.m.) flight home, and the front-desk and bell staff were once again very accommodating.

In addition, nightly rates at the Crystal City Marriott remain very reasonable.

In sum, the Crystal City Marriott continues to be a great hotel. (Keep it up!) I don't know when I will next be in D.C., but I do which hotel I will be staying at.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words and for continuing to choose our hotel. Our goal is to provide a wonderful, productive and memorable stay for all of our guests and it was a pleasure to read about your stay with us.

Thank you and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Convenient access to Reagan and DC. Access to Metro without going outside was good for kids given cold weather. Heat/air unit was pretty loud and bathroom was very small. Room service was good and priced at Marriott rates. Housekeeping did a good job cleaning and restocking our room daily.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

On 3/27/2013 they rented my room while I was checked in and allowed people to enter my room. I had checked in at 9 pm set up my work computer Ipad etc and went down for dinner. On attempting to pay my check I was very rudely informed that I was not a guest of the hotel. I went up to my room and my key would not allow me entry. I went to the front desk and after waiting 20 minutes was told that a mix up had occurred and that my room had been "double" rented other people had checked into it. The front desk clerk lied to me telling me that the people had not actually gone in the room. The security supervisor countered that claim telling me that he had to actually escort the people out of the rom and they had used the phone and bathroom. My property thankfully looked untouched. The General manager has not returned any phone calls and the front desk clerk who caused all of this then lied to cover it up attempted to charge me for some one elses lunch from the day before. Nice. Awful service, no security, poorly trained employees with terrible attitude and an inattentive GM.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The hotel is well appointed and clean. I wished it was located near the restaurant, but still a 15 to 20 minute walk to get there. Maybe during summer is not a bad of a walk but during a windy or cold night, then it is not the ideal.

The room was comfortable. The sofa provided extra seating and another place to sit besides the bed and chair.

The only thing that kept me up at night was the tub running after I took a shower. I had to close the door of the bathroom so I can sleep and not hear it.

The livby if the hoyel iffered an interactive Screen where restaurants were licated Nearby. Overall I had good night sleep

• Stayed April 2013
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hotel is very close to DCA airport. The Crystal City METRO stop is located on the lower level of the hotel via underground tunnel and this is so important if your visiting the downtown DC sites, easy easy access to the Metro. Hint, buy your Metro tickets during off hours to avoid the lines at the automated Metro ticket machines. Checkin was a breeze, you have a choice of self or valet park with a few dollars difference if you have a car, we self parked without any issues. Checkin was a breeze. Room was nice, updated, and clean. Bed and linens were very comfortable providing for a good nights sleep (we stayed 3 nights). Breakfast is available in the hotel restaurant called Bell 20. We booked a rate that included breakfast which was basically $20 more than rate without breakfast, it was worth it because the price for 2 breakfast buffet for adults is just shy of $40 (and not worth $40 by any means). Ordering from the breakfast menu with coffee will cost you about $28 on average. There are also a few good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel ( Legal Seafood, McCormicks, Chili's etc) If you rent a car from Dollar car rental their lot is off airport and only a couple of blocks from the hotel, very convenient.
So basically the hotel is a nice Marriott, but the best amenity is that the METRO stop is at the hotel and therefore it is so easy to jump on the Metro and get into DC to see the sites. You are 2 stops from the Pentagon, 3 from Arlington Cemetary and a few more to Smithsonian. You dont want to drive into DC and try and park. You can also take the Metro to Old Town Alexandria from this hotel and avoid that parking nightmare. Take Crystal City Metro to King St. station and then jump on the free Old Town trolly into Alexandria. This is our third stay at this hotel and each stay has been enjoyable without any issues. Weekend rates are much cheaper than weekday rates, so if possible plan your stay here Fri-Mon We paid $119 per night (including breakfast) Would have been $99 w/out breakfast).

Room Tip: Weekend rates are MUCH cheaper, stay fri, sat or sunday nights if you have that option as weekday ra...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and I am so happy you were able to take advantage not only of our location and proximity to the METRO but also with our weekend two-for-breakfast package. It is certainly a good deal and it sounds like you discovered one of the best ways to see not only this hotel but the DC area.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We needed to stay one night in washington. We arrived late in the evening at reagan airport and unfortunately the shuttle did not run anymore (the cab fare was 10 dollars). Check-in was quick. The rooms are a bit outdated but spacious. The bed needs replacement, because I kept on sliding to the middle of the bed. The hotel is one block away from the metro station was gave us a change to go into washington. Also the late check-out time of 1pm was welcome.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WIGAN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Connected to the Crystal City shops complex, and easy access via the metro to the National Mall via the Yellow line, we had 9 nights here for he Cherry Blossom festival. It was everything you'd expect from a Marriott but competitive rates compared to other hotels in the chain, closer to DC centre.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for having chosen to stay with us and I am glad you were able to take advantage of our traditionally better rates then downtown and use our easy and convenient METRO system to access the city.

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!