“Easy access for DC” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
WIGAN
“Easy access for DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Connected to the Crystal City shops complex, and easy access via the metro to the National Mall via the Yellow line, we had 9 nights here for he Cherry Blossom festival. It was everything you'd expect from a Marriott but competitive rates compared to other hotels in the chain, closer to DC centre.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for having chosen to stay with us and I am glad you were able to take advantage of our traditionally better rates then downtown and use our easy and convenient METRO system to access the city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Grand Forks, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed at the Crystal City Marriott for a conference and enjoyed the connecting Metro Shops and Metro access during my stay. From the hotel perspective, the room was nice with a comfortable bed, clean bathroom, and no noticeable noise from other rooms. The pillows could have been better and wish the room had a personal safe, but overall was satisified with the stay. Glad my work was paying the bill however, as I was not accustomed to the hotel rates in Washington D.C.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We (family of four) booked the a room of two double bed for 2 nights stay during spring break. We chose the hotel because it is next to Metro station so we can take train to DC. When we arrived at hotel at 6pm, we were told there was no double bed room left. We told them we cannot stay in one king bed room with two adults and two kids of age 13 and 9. They provided us an option to stay in Residence Inn which is eight blocks away from there and also costs $20 more. Finally, the manage agreed to pay difference for us to stay at Residence Inn. But we ended up driving to DC the next day to fight heavy traffic. We took our kids for vacations twice a year for last a few years, it is worst experience we had with hotels. So if you want to stay in this hotel for a family trip, you'd better double check before you get there!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Clean rooms, an attendant on duty at the pool, friendly staff, a nice experience. Stayed 2 nights, in town for the Cherry Blossom festival. Chose the hotel based on reviews, price, and easy access to the Metro. Staff did a great job cleaning the room. Windows have a little ledge so you can sit, not much of a view in the area, but nice to sit and soak up the morning sun.
If I had to find something to pick on, it would be the towels. The pool had nice, soft, fluffy towels, the room had thin, coarse towels.

Room Tip: The corner rooms ending in 34 and 36 can see the river and part of DC.
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The rooms are nice. They gave me both an early check in and a late check out which made the stay much easier. The rooms have refrigerators but no safe which is a bit odd. The gym is fine but small for the size of the hotel. I was up really early and did not have to wait for a treadmill but I bet it can get really busy at times. The location of the hotel did not really matter to me since I was there for a meeting at the hotel. I found a trail along the Potomac really close to the hotel which made for a fun bike ride using one of the Capital Bikeshare bikes.

Camarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I chose to stay here while visiting D.C. and we were not unhappy with our choice. This property has access via the elevator to the Crystal City Shops which provides access to a lot of eateries but most importantly it is a stop for the Metro rail system that can take you almost anywhere in the D.C. area. Our room was very nice with incredibly comfortable beds. We had requested an early check in because we arrived at Reagan National airport at 9:00am. We were very happy to find our room ready when we arrived at 10:00am. The lobby area had a small bar and restaurant. Although we did not use either of them, there were a lot of people that did and they seemed to be enjoying themselves there. They also offered free Wi-Fi in those areas. Our stay here could have been great except for one thing. They somehow didn't make up our room not just once but twice in the 4 days we were there. I never had housekeeping forget to make up a room in any hotel I've ever stayed at and I wasn't upset the first time it happened. But when it happened again I as stunned. After the second time I reported it and verified that it wasn't the hotel policy to provide every other day maid service. Actually, I really wasn't upset about it, just really surprised. Regardless, we did enjoy our stay here and I would still recommend this property. Also, Marriott has another property in the immediate area, the Crystal Gateway Marriott, which also has access to the Crystal City Shops and the Metro via an underground tunnel too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Your comments, though mixed with positive and a negative, were very good for us to hear; thank you for taking the time to share them.

As you can tell from most of your stay, many of us work very hard to provide a wonderful experience for our guests and I am so disappointed with the housekeeping issue you encountered. That said, I am very thankful that you reported it so it could be addressed with those invovled. Certainly no cleaning a room is unacceptable and not how we operate and I am very sorry that happened to you.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future and again, thank you for taking the time to report your problem so we can find out what happened and fix it from happening again.
Morpeth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Recent business trip to DC. I decided to stay here, based on the good reviews and access to National airport.

Many have already commented on the location. The hotel is set above a complex of underground stores and restaurants, and the the Crystal City Metro station which makes it very easy to access wshington via the blue line. Most of the restaurants underground are fast food but a few minutes from the hotel there is plenty of choice in a whole row of restaurants around 23rd Street/Eades.

Again like others I was a little disappointed with my room. I had just stayed in 2 other Marriotts over the preceding few days and the room I got was very dated and tired compared with either of the other Hotels and also felt small. Not impressed since the Crytal City Marriott cost more than either of the other two Marriotts ! On the plus side the usual Marriott bed was as comfortable as ever and the the room was clean and the AC worked (but was noisy).

Overall the location was great but the Marriott itself was only OK.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!