“Clean, quiet, easy access to Metro” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1999 Jefferson Davis Hwy, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 48 hotels in Arlington
New Hampshire
“Clean, quiet, easy access to Metro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Clean rooms, an attendant on duty at the pool, friendly staff, a nice experience. Stayed 2 nights, in town for the Cherry Blossom festival. Chose the hotel based on reviews, price, and easy access to the Metro. Staff did a great job cleaning the room. Windows have a little ledge so you can sit, not much of a view in the area, but nice to sit and soak up the morning sun.
If I had to find something to pick on, it would be the towels. The pool had nice, soft, fluffy towels, the room had thin, coarse towels.

Room Tip: The corner rooms ending in 34 and 36 can see the river and part of DC.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

437 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Philadelphia, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

The rooms are nice. They gave me both an early check in and a late check out which made the stay much easier. The rooms have refrigerators but no safe which is a bit odd. The gym is fine but small for the size of the hotel. I was up really early and did not have to wait for a treadmill but I bet it can get really busy at times. The location of the hotel did not really matter to me since I was there for a meeting at the hotel. I found a trail along the Potomac really close to the hotel which made for a fun bike ride using one of the Capital Bikeshare bikes.

Camarillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My wife and I chose to stay here while visiting D.C. and we were not unhappy with our choice. This property has access via the elevator to the Crystal City Shops which provides access to a lot of eateries but most importantly it is a stop for the Metro rail system that can take you almost anywhere in the D.C. area. Our room was very nice with incredibly comfortable beds. We had requested an early check in because we arrived at Reagan National airport at 9:00am. We were very happy to find our room ready when we arrived at 10:00am. The lobby area had a small bar and restaurant. Although we did not use either of them, there were a lot of people that did and they seemed to be enjoying themselves there. They also offered free Wi-Fi in those areas. Our stay here could have been great except for one thing. They somehow didn't make up our room not just once but twice in the 4 days we were there. I never had housekeeping forget to make up a room in any hotel I've ever stayed at and I wasn't upset the first time it happened. But when it happened again I as stunned. After the second time I reported it and verified that it wasn't the hotel policy to provide every other day maid service. Actually, I really wasn't upset about it, just really surprised. Regardless, we did enjoy our stay here and I would still recommend this property. Also, Marriott has another property in the immediate area, the Crystal Gateway Marriott, which also has access to the Crystal City Shops and the Metro via an underground tunnel too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Your comments, though mixed with positive and a negative, were very good for us to hear; thank you for taking the time to share them.

As you can tell from most of your stay, many of us work very hard to provide a wonderful experience for our guests and I am so disappointed with the housekeeping issue you encountered. That said, I am very thankful that you reported it so it could be addressed with those invovled. Certainly no cleaning a room is unacceptable and not how we operate and I am very sorry that happened to you.

I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future and again, thank you for taking the time to report your problem so we can find out what happened and fix it from happening again.
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Recent business trip to DC. I decided to stay here, based on the good reviews and access to National airport.

Many have already commented on the location. The hotel is set above a complex of underground stores and restaurants, and the the Crystal City Metro station which makes it very easy to access wshington via the blue line. Most of the restaurants underground are fast food but a few minutes from the hotel there is plenty of choice in a whole row of restaurants around 23rd Street/Eades.

Again like others I was a little disappointed with my room. I had just stayed in 2 other Marriotts over the preceding few days and the room I got was very dated and tired compared with either of the other Hotels and also felt small. Not impressed since the Crytal City Marriott cost more than either of the other two Marriotts ! On the plus side the usual Marriott bed was as comfortable as ever and the the room was clean and the AC worked (but was noisy).

Overall the location was great but the Marriott itself was only OK.

Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed here on business. I usually stay at the Crystal Gateway Marriott but based on great reviews I decided to give this location a try.

To begin, the location is great. As others have mentioned, the hotel is in the middle of the Crystal City complex and is easily accessible to stores, restaurants, and the Metro underground.

Check-in was fine. The desk staff immediately acknowledged my Platinum status. I was a bit underwhelmed with the room. The carpet and furnishings seem a bit dated. Nevertheless, the room was very clean.

I had breakfast one morning in the lobby restaurant. A big pet peeve of mine is for restaurants not to be ready for customers at the posted opening time. That was the case here. Indeed, the buffet was not even close to being ready. Along those same lines, the buffet offerings were pretty small for a full-sized Marriott (the buffet at the Crystal Gateway Marriott seems at least twice as big to me) although the cost was pricey. The staff was fairly courteous.

Overall the stay was pretty good but not exceptional.

Avon, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed at CCM for a business event. The rooms are a decent size. We asked to be in a quiet area and were -- off the main street. We had an adjoining room but really heard no noise at all. The restaurant was pricey for breakfast. The bar staff very engaged in providing good customer service. Quite a bit more in the area for food, etc than I realized. Quick metro ride into DC. Overall, I was much more impressed than I thought I would be. I would go back. Would have appreciated it if they gave us concierge club access .... the property I have stayed at prior years just about always did.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor (only 11 so none are too high), quiet side, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel. I am so happy to hear you liked our location (yes there are a lot of great dining options around us as well) and you found our bar staff engaged and service focused.

And yes, I wish we could give everyone access to our Concierge Lounge but between the high number of Marriott Elite Reward members and those paying concierge rates, it can get quite crowded. So in order to make sure we are providing the service to those guests we unfortunately can not extend it to everyone.

Thank you again for your comments and thank you for having chosen to stay with us.
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Maybe a perfect location. A short shuttle ride from DCA or one stop on Metro or a short walk take your pick. This hotel is also provides underground access to shopping, the Metro, theatre and restaurants. The Mount Vernon trail system is just a block from the hotel and provides miles of trails to run or bike. Bike-share is available at the hotel nice to ride to DC sites. Just minutes from DC sites via Yellow Metro line...

Room Tip: There was no noise from the airport, frankly any room is great as there is nothing really to see...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!