“It's a hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Avon, Connecticut
“It's a hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed at CCM for a business event. The rooms are a decent size. We asked to be in a quiet area and were -- off the main street. We had an adjoining room but really heard no noise at all. The restaurant was pricey for breakfast. The bar staff very engaged in providing good customer service. Quite a bit more in the area for food, etc than I realized. Quick metro ride into DC. Overall, I was much more impressed than I thought I would be. I would go back. Would have appreciated it if they gave us concierge club access .... the property I have stayed at prior years just about always did.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor (only 11 so none are too high), quiet side, away from the elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your comments about your stay at our hotel. I am so happy to hear you liked our location (yes there are a lot of great dining options around us as well) and you found our bar staff engaged and service focused.

And yes, I wish we could give everyone access to our Concierge Lounge but between the high number of Marriott Elite Reward members and those paying concierge rates, it can get quite crowded. So in order to make sure we are providing the service to those guests we unfortunately can not extend it to everyone.

Thank you again for your comments and thank you for having chosen to stay with us.

497 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Maybe a perfect location. A short shuttle ride from DCA or one stop on Metro or a short walk take your pick. This hotel is also provides underground access to shopping, the Metro, theatre and restaurants. The Mount Vernon trail system is just a block from the hotel and provides miles of trails to run or bike. Bike-share is available at the hotel nice to ride to DC sites. Just minutes from DC sites via Yellow Metro line...

Room Tip: There was no noise from the airport, frankly any room is great as there is nothing really to see...
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have a pretty awesome memory foam mattress at home, so it's hard to match my sleep comfort on the road. But This hotel has fantastic quality mattresses with luxury, fluffy linens just made for snuggling up in after a long conference day.

And the pool is a blessing for those of us seeking exercise on the road; never miss the opportunity to relax, work out and have a little fun!

Venice, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I always look forward to a visit here , no negatives what so ever typical Marriott clean , well run , secure , great location.

Metro downstairs make visits to The Pentagon a breeze , taxis out front standing by 24/7.

The shops below are great and the grocery store on your left after leaving the tunnel puts out a huge spread of homemade soups , etc for lunch that tastes like grandma used to make , to go only easy to carry back to your room.

Room Tip: I always stay on the Platinum floor with access to the Honor Bar etc.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for your comments and thank you very much for choosing our hotel. Being a Marriott Elite Platinum member I know you have a lot of choices and I am thankful you stayed with us.
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the past weekend and was very happy with the housekeeping services and front desk - however it was off set by the service I received when I went to the pool. The lifeguard was sitting on a laptop or talking on the phone while there were a lot of kids at the pool - or in the pool area. Very discouraging when the rest of the hotel staff did so well.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights due to business. Good location in Arlington with metro and shops underneath hotel. Room was great, very comfortable bed!!! Restaurant downstairs very good and choice of food market, restaurants at the garage level. Would recommend without a doubt. Free shuttle to Reagan as well. Nice pool and gym a plus.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Simply put, thank you for your comments. It is clear you got to experience some of the best parts of our hotel; our service, location and even our new health club....not to mention our large indoor pool.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I hope we have the pleasure of having you stay with us again in the future.
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I lucked up and got this hotel for three nights (Friday - Sunday) for only $89 a night, which I thought was a steal. You can't be the location of this hotel, it connects to the underground shops and the Crystal City Metro (which is awesome if you are trying to avoid the 20 degree weather outside in March!). It was a very easy drive from Baltimore to this hotel. The hotel does sit on the left side of the road you turn on to access it, and there is a median in the road, so you will have to make a U-turn at the next light to come back up to be able to park.

Deborah at the front desk was very friendly, welcomed us with a smile. She was very informative, gave us several maps and list of close restaurants. I could not have asked for better service.

The room was great, had a "orange" scent to it, that was nice, but not overpowering. The beds were soft and very comfortable. I almost wanted to take on of the pillows home because it was so soft. I will say that I am six-foot four, and my feet did hang off the Queen bed, but I've come to expect that in most hotels.

There is a "store" in the Lobby of the hotel that sells soft drinks, juices, souvenirs, and some other odds and ends, just of course be prepared to pay about $5 for a 20 oz soft drink and a small bag of chips. You will also find a restaurant on the Lobby floor of the hotel, we did not eat there so I cannot comment on it.

Parking will set you back about $24 a day with in and out privileges. However, once I parked my car I never moved it, because the Metro was so easily accessible.

The only complaint I have with this hotel is that it does not have free Wi-Fi. If I remember correctly it was 12.95 for a 24 hour access period. It's 2013, even fast food places offer free Wi-Fi. Other than that, this hotel was great and I will probably stay here again when I go back to DC.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay and most importantly, your comments about Deborah. She is truly a gem of this hotel and is a true ambassador of us. I am thrilled you were able to interact with her.

I also appreciate your comments about the rest of the hotel and to let you know, while we do charge for wifi in the guest rooms (except Marriott Reward Platinum and Gold members that receive it complimentary), we do offer complimentary wifi in our lobby as well as on our free business center and lobby computers.

I do hope we have the chance to have you with us again and yes, being literally connected to the Crystal City Underground and access to the METRO is a great asset of this hotel.

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!