“Good location for Metro and dining” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Anderson, South Carolina
“Good location for Metro and dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The rooms are renovated, clean and spacious. The bathrooms are clean but cramped. Speaks to the age of the hotel. I found my room to be quiet and a nice escape from the hustle of DC. The concierge lounge is OK at best. I enjoyed the bar and the bar staff was superb. In my stays I have not used the restaurants, preferring to get something on the go or nearby.
The Crystal City metro stop (yellow line) is only a few steps along the street. Using the underground walk via the Crystal City shops is a little bit longer, but still quite convenient.
There are numerous bars and restaurants within an easy walk. Walking back to the hotel around 10pm has been uneventful.
However, many of the shops in this end of the Crystal City Center are closed. The shops closer to the Marriott Gateway are better.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Guntersville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel is close to everything! The Metro is right out the door, shopping is right below and all of the city's attractions are close by. Arlington is a short cab ride away and the shuttle to National airport is free and fast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel was in a decent part of town and close to restaurants and shopping. The renovated rooms are an ok size, very clean and the decor was nice. The bathroom was really tiny but clean too. The hotel was really quiet and the beds were just ok. The people at the front desk were nice and that's where the customer service stops. The maids take forever to clean your room but thats because they really clean everything and change the bedding. It takes about an hour to clean a room. Ugh!! The ladies that ran the bar lacked customer service skills as well as the ability to make a decent drink. They handed drinks over the bar to us when we weren't even sitting at the bar but at a table so we had to get up. How Rude!! The buffet in the restaurant was definitely not worth the $18.00. On the up side, loved the underground mall. It's right under the hotel and accessible from the elevator that leads to the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Goshen, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We just got back from a three day trip to DC and had a wonderful stay at the Crystal City Marriot. The staff was unbelievable friendly and treated my 3 year old like she was a rock star. The beds were soft and comfortable and the water pressure was decent in the shower. The indoor/outdoor pool was handy as was the metro right below the hotel. The restaurant in the hotel was tasty and reasonable enough for in-house dining. The breakfast buffet was very tasty and had some healthier options than most others. I was really happy to see they had milk produced without hormones. The rooms were clean, as was the hotel. The valet parking was helpful and very efficient. We never heard one plane, which is surprising since we were very close to the airport. I cannot speak for street traffic noise as we were on the 18th floor, but if we didn't hear air traffic, I'm assuming street traffic was minimal too. I do agree that free Wifi should be included but I understand why it's not.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Berkeley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

The hotel is a pretty much standard Marriott with nice large clean rooms EXCEPT for NOISY A/C systems. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Wifi in the rooms (paid) and free (lobby) - this is bad. Wifi should be really a standard amenity like heating. Good location in Crystal City with direct underground passages to shops, restaurants and metro

Room Tip: high floor - less noise.
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

To make sure I cover the relevance I want to start saying that the room was nice and clean. The staff are VERY helpful and accomodating. The loccation is good. What I did no like was
that I was there for one week for training and I have hip issues so during my one hour lunch break I could not afford to walk somewhere else so I had lunch every day there and some evening s as well (I did not rented a car).
1) The food was very limited and not that great at all
2) the bar closes at midnight and they will not sell you anything after that
3) The gift shop was smaller than a bedroom closset and I could not find energy drinks there.

Now to be fair, I will say that the manager walked to the closest store and bought me several cans of energy drinks and brought it to my room which I did appreciate a lot. Would I stay there again? Absolutelly but only if I rent a car.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
I'm sorry you felt our menu was limited. Our Executive Chef works hard to create and update menus to try and keep it fresh yet still in line with the feel of our pub-like restaurant. And unfortunately county code requires us to stop selling alcohol when the kitchen closes.

I am glad to hear though that a member of our team did get you the energy drinks you were looking for.

The next time you come, if there are things you need that we do not have, do not hesitate to ask and we will do all we can to accomodate you.
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel from Friday to Sunday (August 10th to 12th) for a wedding that I was a part of. There was a line on Friday afternoon when we checked in, but there were 3 check-in staff so it went smoothly and quickly. We requested adjoining rooms on a high floor away from the elevator and these requests were honored. I had to run to the wedding rehearsal in Chinatown so I hopped onto the Metro which was only a block away. DC traffic can be heavy in the summer due to all the tourists so the Metro is definitely the way to go. Parking can also be tricky around the Mall, so this is another reason to take public transportation. We went swimming in the hotel indoor pool which is open 8 am - 11 pm on weekends. They are open for several hours in the morning and at night on weekdays but they may be open more open during the summer time. We never used the gym but it had several treadmills and circuit training equipment. It is open 24 hours and they had earphones and bananas. The wedding reception was at this hotel so it was very convenient when we had to go to our room to feed the baby. There is a pretty extensive mall with many eatery options nearby. We will definitely be back to the Arlington area as a base for DC tourism and the Marriott will be the first place we look!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for being with us and thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am glad to learn that you were able to take advantage of some of the hotel's offerings as well as those of our area.

Please come stay with us again!

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!