“Affordable, really nice hotel near Washington DC” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 15% off
Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Affordable, really nice hotel near Washington DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

My adult daughter and I stayed in this Marriott for the weekend before she began a business trip in nearby National Harbor, Maryland. We wanted something affordable but convenient to all the sight-seeing in Washington DC. Well, this Marriott was perfect. We arrived late on Friday night (from Arizona) but within a couple of minutes a free shuttle was there to take us to the hotel. Our driver was friendly and courteous. The hotel staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and explain the Metro system to us. Get this- the Metro station is so close that if you take the hotel's elevator down to the ground level you enter a tunnel that contains shops, restaurants and the
Metro entrance!! It doesn't get better than this. A quick Metro ride and you're in the heart of it all...we did all the great sights (Smithsonians, White house tour, Capital, Supreme Court, Library of Congress, etc). This Marriott has great food too. One of the best meals we ate on the trip was at the restaurant there...Maryland crab cakes and a wonderful grilled mahi mahi. Every staff member was wonderful- very polite and friendly. We wanted to stay longer....will definately go back. The price was incredibly affordable too. No compliants at all.

Room Tip: We stayed at the top and had a decent view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
JT M, Manager at Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful comments. Our entire staff strives to provide the high level of service you described and I will certainly share your feedback with our Executive Chef about the wonderul meal you enjoyed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed overnight for new years, great hotel! EXCELLENT STAFF at check in and check out. Room was great, wish I could've stayed longer. First time in a Marriot and it did not disappoint, will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I read about getting a room facing away from the busy street.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Bamberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed at the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport in March, 2011, and had the most wonderful Weekend. The transportation to and from the airport was "Free," and the Metro was right in the basement of the hotel! The prices are much cheaper on the Weekends, and breakfast was included during my stay. My delicious breakfast included Omelets, Bacon, Coffee, Orange Juice, and many other choices. I paid $99 for both nights, through Expedia, and the only negative thing that I can say is that one is charged for Internet (less than $10 for 24 hours). I loved my stay, and I will stay again at this hotel! NOTE: In Florida, I have to pay transportation to and from airports, Internet, parking, breakfast, and the list goes on. I wish that my next meeting was in D.C. :(

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Wow, thank you for sharing these great comments. While we can't take personal credit for the great location we have, we are thrilled you enjoyed our culinary offerings. Hopefully we will see you the next time you do have a meeting in this area.
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I stayed here in January 2012 for seven nights for a business trip. I had a room on the 11th floor facing noisy Jefferson Davis Highway. I am a very light sleeper...I brought ear plugs and a fan with me....but the noise from the street of cars, trucks, buses, kept waking me up. The next day, I was moved to the 8th floor facing 20th Street. I could still here the street noise, but I slept better that night. The next night, a very loud couple went to the room next to mine. I was in the bathroom washing my face when I thought I heard people in my room. I looked out out of the bathroom and realized the noise was coming from the people next door. They were SO loud...so obviously the walls are very thin.

The staff was very nice and help. The beds were very comforable. The location is great if you like being in Crystal City...lots of great restaruants.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, middle room facing 20th street or South Bell Steet....they are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012 via mobile

Room is large and clean, plenty of electrical outlets for gadgets. moldy smell in room. Couldn't find valet parking, no bell staff seem to be on premises. Bar tender very good.

• Stayed January 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

No complaints; room was clean and met my needs...nothing extraordinary.

• Stayed December 2011
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

Recently stayed for three nights for a business trip. It was clean and comfortable and I would stay again if I needed a place in Crystal City due to price and location (a block from the metro). There is also a free shuttle from National, however keep your eye out because it is marked with the name of another nearby Marriott. Pool is nice because it is separated from the gym so folks on the treadmill aren't watching you. All of that said, it is just another hotel in another city. Nothing special or memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the entry side away from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!