“Perfectly situated and very nice.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast is Included!
Ranked #13 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Spanish Fort
“Perfectly situated and very nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2011

Although there was construction going on in the lobby on the street level we never heard it in our room on the 3rd floor. The hotel is situated over an under ground shopping mall with tons of great restaurants, shops and a Rite Aid store. Access to the Metro was a ride down the elevator and a short walk underground to the station. Our room was a King suite; it was very large with a loveseat that pulled out into a bed. The room was spotless and smelled nice. The indoor pool/hot tub was very clean also with plenty of towels and seating. The sauna was great after a long day of sightseeing. Breakfast in the Bistro on the Mezzanine level was very good; a buffet was available but I ordered from the menu and took it back up to our room. The 3 egg omelet was enough for two! Room service was reasonable and prompt which is unusual for most hotels, especially since they were at full occupancy. I highly recommend this hotel for business OR leisure travelers.

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

i stayed here the two nights of my wedding day and we could not use the pool. the whole place was under construction. they did not make us aware of the fact that any of this craziness was going on. there was still trash under the beds when we checked in and nobody ever came to give us towels or straighten up the room, not to mention you could not understand anyone that worked there and to top it off the parking garage looks like one from a horror film. i would not let my dog stay here.

Room Tip: dont go
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2011

This hotel has a great location. The staff is touch and go, the gentleman at the front desk (Friday afternoon) when we checked in was excellent, personable, efficient, everything Marriott should strive for in a employee. The older woman who was at the front desk on Sunday afternoon needs to find another career. The restaurant staff was fantastic every morning even though the breakfast area was extremely busy. Overall, I would stay here again and would gladly recommend it to a friend, relative or colleague.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I recently stayed at the Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport while attending a professional conference. I had a great experience even before I arrived - the hotel staff was great about handling a pricing/billing issue (the issue was on my end; it was not their fault). They kept in contact with me every step of the way as they resolved the issue. Upon arrival, every staff person I encountered was extremely helpful and pleasant, especially at the front desk. They were very accommodating and willing to answer questions. I thought that all the conference meetings were at the Crystal City Marriott; however, it turned out that one of the conference meetings was in a different Marriott across the street. I didn't know where I was supposed to be, and the front desk called around for me to other Marriotts until they were able to figure out where the meeting was, and they gave me directions for how to get there. I very much appreciated this as I was already running late and would have had no idea where to go otherwise!

The lobby is currently under construction, but you cannot hear any noise from the conference rooms, guest rooms, etc. I'm sure it will be very nice when it's done. The guest rooms are very comfortable and nicely decorated. The Marriott beds are awesome -- love the bedding and the variety of pillows. The rooms are wired for Internet access, although you do have to pay for it. Free wireless is available in common areas of the hotel. They have a pool, jacuzzi, fitness center, and restaurants; I did not have time to utilize these amenities, so I cannot comment other than to say that they have them. The conference rooms in which the meetings were held were very nice, with excellent food/beverage service throughout the event.

The hotel is located directly above the Crystal City shops & restaurants, and there is also a Metro stop directly below the hotel. It is only one stop away from Reagan airport via the blue or yellow lines. There is also a free Marriott airport shuttle which runs every 15 minutes. Make sure you leave yourself plenty of time if you are planning to take the shuttle; the same vehicle is utilized by other Marriotts in the area and you may find that the shuttle is full and you have to wait for the next one. If you are looking for other places to eat or shop, definitely venture out into Arlington -- there is a nice area with lots of restaurants and shops.

Overall I had a great experience here and I would definitely stay in this hotel again, should I be in the DC area again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Enjoyed our stay at the Marriott. The rooms were nice, altough the room we had needed to be vacuumed. There was chips and crumbs in the living room area. I requested a rollaway and refrigerator on check in. We then left the hotel for sightseeing. After a long day out, we came back to find the rollaway was not delivered. It was about 45 min. before it was finally brought to the room, by then it was close to 10pm. Bedding for pull out was not in room, had to wait for a housekeeper to come and make it up. Not convenient when you have kids waiting to go to sleep..after walking all evening sighseeing.
The rest of the visit was good. Would be nice to include breakfast with the larger rooms.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

Stayed here on business in September 2010. Based on my rewards status, was upgraded to a corner suite. Room was nice, with large flat panel TV's. Decor and furniture were okay. Hotel lobby and staff were friendly and helpful. Fitness center is bigger than most, but was packed in the mornings. Pool area is nice. Concierge level was great. Good location with underground connector to Metro stop and a free shuttle to Reagan National. The hotel is a few blocks away from most restaurants, but a little walking never hurt anyone. Will stay here again next time I am in DC on business.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

We traveled to Dc to stay at the Crystal City Marriott this fall. I The location was great close to the Airport and easy underground connection to the Metro. When we got to the Hotel their was some minor confusion regrading the reservation but the employee's at the desk quickly straightened it out.
When we got to the room on the we thought that it seemed spacious. at least in front of the beds they were not queen beds but rather two twin beds.
The bathroom was okay the toilet didn't flush that well. Their was not much in the way of ventilation as well. I think that is where the disappointment is. I have stayed at many Marriott's this one feels dated, very dated.
The employee's all seemed very friendly and our housekeepers were extra friendly and took great care of our room. I noticed one time they place my daughters stuffed animals all in a chair like they were watching TV.
They has one rather small restaurant as well called CC' Bistro it was more like a bar with a few tables. Food was okay.
It seems like the company having DC as their home-base should look into scraping this location and starting over.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Been to Crystal City Marriott at Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!