“delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night
DC
“delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

great burgers. You should know its cash only but they have an atm machine. Usually a line, but worht it. THe best burger place in the area.

Visited November 2012

80% Recommend
California
“good/expensive burger, customer service lacking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

i got the fat joe -- burger with foie gras and truffle oil. it was good, but not $17-good.
my guy ordered a regular cheeseburger. he seemed pretty happy with it.
we ordered about $40 worth of food. expensive for burgers, but whatever.

my problem with this place is the customer service. we got there pretty earlyish (5:30ish, Thurs, Oct 18th) so they weren't packed yet. i got to the counter and the 3 girls were just talking to each other, giggling, and NOT acknowledging the customer standing in front of them. i was seriously standing there for a good 20 seconds before one of them talked to me. after ordering, we proceeded to sit outside to wait for our food. after a good wait, our burgers came out. server with the frizzy/curly dark long hair put our food in front of us and walked off, without waiting a second or asking if everything looked right. my guy whispers, "hmm, we're missing the fries." i called after the server, "excuse me, we were supposed to get some fries." the girl scowled at me... SCOWLED! until she looked down at the slip of paper in her hand and realized that we did pay for a basket of fries, then with a fake smile, "i'll bring that right out." (yep, no apology)

i watched the server pretty much go back to her register and start taking orders. 10 minutes later, the fries still hadn't shown up. i was pissed and about to walk in there and tell them they owed us fries. my guy stopped me and told me he didn't want spit-fries, so i let it go.

so yep, OK burgers. when i'm in the DC area again, i might give them a 2nd visit. hopefully, the bad customer service (i.e. dismissive/catty servers) will have been fixed.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vienna, Virginia
“Best Burger Joint in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you want a juicy, mouth watering burger with different kinds of exotic toppings, this is the place to go to. President Obama used to live close to here when he was a senator and he came here often.

Visited December 2012
Arlington, Virginia
“The burgers will lure you back again & again....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

As with the other Ray's restaurants, the burgers are so good that I don't think I could become a vegetarian...something to which I occasionally aspire. Last night I had the smaller burger with black peppercorns and brie, with the additional free toppings of a slice of tomato and mushrooms. Fresh, juicy amd perfectly cooked to medium rare. It was served with sweet potato fries that were crisp and perfect. With a glass of reasonably priced red wine, a perfect dinner.

The atmosphere is spare---almost too spare. For that reason, I don't think of it as a special occasion place but more of a mid-week "let's eat out instead of cooking, because we are both too depleted" kind of place. Not that there'e anything wrong with that.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Burger Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Bit crowded sometimes, but its ok. The Burger is really the best a burger can be.

Never thought that a burger could such a good choice as a real meal.

Visited December 2012