I got this hotel for $80 a night, and felt this was a great value for that rate. Being an HHonors Gold member, I have also stayed a few times at the Hampton Inn down the road, and I somewhat prefer this place for a similar rate. The shuttle from the airport was very speedy, and the hotel is very close to DCA, almost within walking distance.
With respect to location, it's a bit of a tossup between the Hampton and this place. The Hampton is an easy walking distance to the Crystal City metro station, about 1/4 mile, whereas this hotel is nearly 1/2 mile. On the other hand, there are lots of nice restaurants to choose from within 3 blocks, as well as northern Virginia's only gay bar, which are that much further from the Hampton. If you have to take luggage from this hotel to the Crystal City station, be aware that there are a number of steps if you go through the Crystal City mall. It might have been better to take the shuttle to DCA and catch the metro from there.
The room was nice and roomy, comparable to the Hampton. My room, although on the top floor, was facing the JD Highway and rather noisy, though (needed earplugs). My main criticism was a low overall water pressure, and hot water pressure in particular. As a Gold member, I received a voucher for a full breakfast, which was, of course, nicer than Hampton's usual breakfasts (which aren't bad). The gym and pool are nicer than the Hampton's. The gym is open 24 hours, but the pool, for some reason, isn't. The elevators were slow during busy times. As a Hilton, it definitely has more amenities than the Hampton (restaurant, bar, etc.).
Because of rate changes, I spent the next two nights at the Washington Hilton, which was definitely a step above this hotel, but also quite a bit more expensive (I used points for the Washington Hilton). As long as I had earplugs, I would have no hesitation to stay at this hotel again. The only minor annoyances were the water pressure and the long walk to the metro station.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Crystal City At Washington Reagan National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Hilton Crystal City At Washington Reagan National Airport Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Arlington
- Hilton Arlington
- Arlington Hilton
- Hilton Crystal City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adjacent to Reagan National Airport (DCA), the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport hotel is 10 minutes from downtown Washington DC in Arlington, VA. Nearby Crystal City Metro station is your best bet to visit National Monuments, Government Agencies and Museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.