“Great staff and everything very accessible” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport

You added Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2399 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off Your Next Stay!
Ranked #26 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Lexington, United States
“Great staff and everything very accessible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Very much enjoyed our stay as part of a conference - the staff in the lobby were very personable and helpful. You could tell they really wanted our stay to be enjoyable. We were impressed with the cleanliness of the room every day (we were there for several days). We took advantage of the diversity of local restaurants -- a different ethnic food every day! Loved being able to walk to the local spots and catch the Metro, but also taxis were cheap and reliable to get around in Washington DC at night.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

That's all we can really hope for in a hotel, isn't it? The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The airport shuttle was prompt and helpful. I think that I'll consider coming back next time I'm in the DC area.

Durham, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Sadly it was crystal clear that the evening manager of the hotel needed serious training in customer service. He was borderline-rude and nonchalant about our concern which was the small, room temperature fridge in our room. I have medications that must remain cold and his solution was to put them in the hotel's kitchen...seriously?!? Thank goodness a housekeeping supervisor was our hero! He actually found a larger fridge, hauled it into our room and it worked! The room was ok. There was no microwave. Unfortunately due to the fridge situation, we could not use the desk. There was no fan in the bathroom. The wallpaper in the room was in bad shape. The beds were comfortable however all the pillows were encased in shams not pillowcases. Weird. It was clean. We were at this hotel for a conference and the temperatures in the conference rooms were either sweltering or frigid. There was no in-between. The elevators are sketchy and shaky, when they worked. The food was ok.

Texarkana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I found the hotel and the hotel staff to be very accommodating. The attitudes were very pleasing and friendly. The hotel is located close to everything and very assessable. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Reno, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

No hot water for two mornings and no working fan in bathroom after telling staff. The back of the toilet was leaking onto the tile. Room was very clean and odor free. Bedding appeared very clean and efficient housekeeping staff.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I was at this hotel recently for a conference, and it was my first time staying on an "HHonors Floor", which was floors 9-12. I was honestly not that impressed.

Upon check-in, I was given a welcome bag with some potato chips and a granola bar. Two bottles of water (free) awaited me in my room, which was welcome. The room was nicely furnished and the bathroom was a good size (contrary to what some other reviews say - mine was fine). I also really enjoyed having the bathrobe available, especially since...

...the room was cold and drafty. Since I was not spending much time in the room, I didn't mind too much, but I had the heat turned up to 76 degrees just to keep it reasonable in there. Combine this with the LOUD heating unit in the room that disturbed sleep every time I started up (and it had to start up a lot, being right under a drafty window), and it was a bad time. I talked to a fellow conference-goer about this, and she said she had the same problem, but she had closed the heavy curtains and it helped. I did this, and sure enough, that helped -- but it was unfortunate to not wake up to the morning light and the beautiful view out the window!

The hotel is situated in a good place, near an entrance to the Crystal City underground shops as well as some great restaurants (fantastic Ethiopian food a couple blocks away). I also liked having the cafe available in the lobby of the hotel for conference breaks where I could get a good coffee and work for a little while. Also nice was the free airport shuttle -- even though the airport is close, it was nice to be driven there on a cold night. During my stay, I had access to the Executive Club, where I ate a hearty breakfast every morning before the conference and enjoyed reading the complementary newspapers. That was a great start to the day, and especially welcome after...

... a TERRIBLE shower. The first day I was there, the shower was fine if a bit weak. The second day, the water pressure was nonexistent -- to the point that I couldn't even get my hair wet (ladies, you know it's a problem when this happens). I mentioned it to the staff and they said they'd look into it. NO. The third and final day I tried to take a shower, and it was COLD and NO PRESSURE. Ugh! However, the water worked fine for a bath, so I did that instead, but what a drag!

So this property was thoroughly average, and because of that, it would not have been worth the money for the stay if I'd paid full price (hooray for conference discounts!). They had some nice perks and amenities to make up for the bad parts. If they could fix that loud heating unit and get their water pressure in order, it would be a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 914 has a loud heating unit and drafty windows, but a nice view.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I waas running in the Marine Corps Marathonand this hotel was excellent as far as being convenient for traveling throughout the weekend. Location to resturants was excellent within the area. Staff was very helpful as I needed a double bed in one of the rooms that was book. It seemed as the hotel was totally booked and the staff was able to accomodate my request.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!