“Nice, and a great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport

You added Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2399 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
20% Off Your Next Stay!
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Seattle
“Nice, and a great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Shuttle to and from the airport was hassle free, and check in was friendly and simple. It's an older property, but updated and well maintained. About 1/2 mile walk to the metro, and a mall and dozens of restaurants are within walking distance. Hilton Honors Gold or higher get free breakfast and a reception during the evening. Fairly close to a good running trail. A good solid place to stay when visiting the DC area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Dear 007Dawg:

Thank you for your post on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. We sincerely appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests.

I enjoyed reading your great comments and am very pleased we were able to exceed your expectations. You are indeed correct that we do have a great location making it very easy to access all of Metro DC along with the Northern Virginia area. The Metro is only steps away from the hotel and will get you anywhere you want to go in the area.

I thank you again for the great post and sincerely hope we will see you again very soon!

Best regards,

Harold Bassler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
New Hampshire, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

This was an overnight business trip and the Hilton was highly recommended as it was close to the airport for an early flight out. The recommendation was great and I will return promptly each time I frequent DC.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Madison, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I recently spent 4 days/3 nights in DC and stayed at this property. I was extremely pleased with how welcoming and accommodating the staff was when I arrived. They have a convenient airport shuttle and they are located very close to the metro stop as well. There are many restaurants and stores close by. Our room was spacious and extremely comfortable. I highly recommend staying at this property for your next DC trip!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Vesuvius, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel mainly because we are Hilton Honors members and we enjoy Crystal City. The hotel and staff we so nice we will stay here on our next trip! The location is great and there are several dining options and bars close by. The Metro is three blocks away so you can go anywhere in DC with ease. You can go jogging or even ride a bicycle in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Samuel C:

Thank you for your post on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. I must admit that you made my day. Our entire team works very hard to take great care of our valued guests. It is always gratifying when we are able to exceed expectations.

I thank you again for sharing your experience. I sincerely hope that we will see you again very soon.

Safe travels,

Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

We stayed here a night before flying out of the airport the next morning. For that purpose it fit the bill. As a destination hotel, I would look further afield. The rooms seemed older. Ours had a very noisy air conditioner that was so bad I should have asked to change rooms right away, but I didn’t and paid the price all night long. The room also had what looked like a lot water damage on the ceiling, which again may have been just our particular room.

This is the second time I’ve run into a Hilton with the Executive Lounge on the lobby level. So far I’m not sure I like this change, but if it is a way for them to accommodate more guest in what are often overcrowded lounges, I guess I’d be for it.

On the plus side, it is very convenient to the airport. When I asked at check in what time it runs they told me it starts at 5:30 AM and runs either every 15 or 20 minutes. It makes it basically impossible to know what time to catch it without a regular schedule, but at least I knew it shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes. It is also literally across the street from a Chili’s and very close to a lot of quality restaurants. I didn’t try the hotel’s restaurant or bar but they also looked very inviting.

Also the check in experience was first rate. Both the valet and the person at the check in desk were friendly and efficient.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Crescola:

Thank you for your post on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. We value the feedback from our guests as we continue to work to improved both our product and service.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed a "good stay." Though I must admit that we try for an exceptional stay with each guest. I have reviewed your comments with our executive team and they will be shared with the pertinent team members involved. Ultimately, we wish to provide every guest with service beyond expectations.

Thank you again for sharing your experiences and I hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the very near future.

Best regards,

North Kingstown, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Everything was very nice. Food was good. Easy walk to Metro. Staff very helpful. Beds were comfortable. Refrigerator in room was very handy. Quiet with no slamming doors or loud neighbors. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

If you're number one priority is being close to DCA and getting Hilton points, then stay here. Otherwise, keep looking.

I recently booked the Hilton for a quick layover. It's literally right outside the airport and walking distance to some great restaurants in Crystal City (Jaleo--of Jose Andres fame--is right around the corner).

Overall, I was disappointed, despite the fabulous deal I got. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, which was fine for my purposes. The check-in was curt and officious; no one offered to help with my numerous bags. Aside from the lobby, the hotel is dated and in serious need of an overhaul.

Given the crazy competition in the area, I'm shocked Hilton hasn't done more to upgrade the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Opera101:

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. Feedback from our guests is extremely valuable to us.

You are correct when you state that our hotel has an awesome location. We are extremely close to the airport and just "over the bridge" from downtown DC. The Crystal City area continues to grow and offers unique experiences from dining, shopping to theatre for our guests. It is quite a popular area for those requiring accommodations in the Metro DC area.

I do apologize for the challenges that you experienced at check in. Our goal is to provide the highest level of service, and I regret that we failed in your case. Be sure that I will review your comments with the appropriate team members.

Thank you again for the post. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to dazzle you in the very near future.

Safe travels,