“Good hotel but watch out for the taxi fares!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2399 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off!
Ranked #28 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Cincinnati, OH
“Good hotel but watch out for the taxi fares!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Hilton was a fine hotel. All staff were courteous and room was clean. Air conditioner was noisy and the fan kept going on and off and there was no way that I could find to just keep it on all the time. But watch our for the taxi fares. The private I ended up with charged $20 for a 3.5 mile trip and $24 for the return with no traffic jams-- ouch!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Fair Oaks, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We spent 14 days at this newly remodeled hotel. The first room we looked at the TV, phone and air conditioning didn't work. Next room, the air-conditioning made a horrendous noise. We finally were given a junior suite, the only complaint, we couldn't turn off the air conditioning with out turning off the circuit breaker and the toilet leaked at the bottom of the bowl. Reported this but nothing was done. On the 8th floor the ice machine broke day 4 and wasn't fixed for days.

Greensboro
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I was booked at this hotel the night of July 4th. I arrived in DC at Union Station and called the hotel for directions. I was told to take the Metro and at the Crystal City Station call and a shuttle would pick me up. I arrived at the metro station and called, and called, and called...... finally after 25 minutes and 4 calls the van arrived to take me to the hotel. Upon arrival it took forever to check in because the desk clerk kept stopping to text on her I-phone. I requested a "quiet room" and was given a room directly at the hotel elevators which was anything but quiet. The room was extremely hot because the air was turned off (remember this is DC in JULY). Finally about 2 am the room cooled down enough to be considered bearable. Upon check out the next morning I told the desk clerk about my experience and how dissatisfied I was with the situation. I asked for the hotel manager's name and card. The clerk at check out WAS very helpful and apologetic. She could not find a card for the manager but took my contact information and said she would have the manager contact me. She also stated she was giving me additional honors points for my inconvenience. Guess what... no contact from the manager and no points..... This hotel is strictly interested in the in and out business traveler and has no concept of customer service.

Room Tip: Stay at the Marriott it is closer to the Metro station and friendlier.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Suffolk, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Two night stay at Crystal City left me wondering about Hilton Hotels. They used to set superior standards of customer service and excellent facilities. Our two night stay - on the Honors floor - left us less than impressed with the quality of the rooms, the elevators (two out of three working during a busy summer weekend), the front desk staff (just one example featuring one male Receptionist -, no greeting, no please or thank you, no interaction, curt, and no personality).
All in all an expensive Hotel, and guest parking at $26.00 per night.
Come on - Hilton's should be better than this one.
The only exception was the Breakfast staff, food presentation and staff interaction on the Plazza level facility.
Look behind the facade and this Hilton is creaking and in need of a management review.

Room Tip: Remember that parking is (currently) $26.00 per night.
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel is perfect if you want access to the metro (10 minute walk) or just hang out in Crystal City. It is 5 minutes from the airport by can or shuttle so location is perfect.

You can enjoy most foods from the Italian food in 23rd, to the Thai food on Crystal drive.

The hotel itself as nice and the staff was relatively helpful. I would recommend if you are looking for something close to DC for the tourist stuff but far enough away to relax.

• Stayed June 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Staff interaction with shuttle request - When I booked my reservation, I was not made aware that I had to call for pickup from airport. Other hotels did regular pickup but this hotel requires a telephone call. - I went out on the first evening and walked to the FedEx Office but didn't realize the store closed at 11pm and the store manager left out when I did leaving me out after dark without a ride. I called (spoke to a female front desk staff member) and requested a shuttle pickup and told the front desk staff that I was uncomfortable standing on the corner after 11pm at night when everything was closed so I would walk and stay on Crystal Drive until I see the shuttle. I described what I was wearing. After more than 30 minutes, the shuttle had not come and I was in an area of Crystal City that was not familiar to me and I was very concerned. I called again (spoke to a male) and he said he was not aware of the earlier request. I screamed in the phone to send someone for me and I was scared. I had to walk a block and a half to find street signs to give the cross street info to the man on the phone. He stayed on the phone until the shuttle came. The shuttle driver stated he was never told to pick me up. - On the next morning (7/12/14), I took the shuttle to the Crystal City Metro Station. The driver gave me his card to call when I was ready to be picked up. At approximately 3:45pm I arrived back at the Metro station and I called and requested a shuttle pickup. I waited 42 minutes with no pickup and two additional telephone calls. I was finally picked up by the Marriott shuttle whose driver noticed me on 3 or 4 of his cycles past the Metro station and was concerned for me sitting in the heat. He offered me cold water and his card for future pickups and drop offs. It's sad that the Marriott hotel treated me better than the Hilton where I was paying.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Felicia S:

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Best regards,

Harold Bassler
Brooklyn, Nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I stayed here this past weekend for my Sorority's bi-annual conference. Upon check-in, it was very quick and smooth. We decided to pay in cash, which was must easier. The incidental hold amount is $100 for the length of our stay, as opposed to $50/day being held on my credit card. And I got the deposit back immediately upon check out.
The rooms were very nice. There was no pool, which closed a month prior. They have a free shuttle to/from the airport. Which I might add is literally 5 minutes away.
The beds are so comfortable. The flatscreen tv made me feel right at home.
There is plenty of shopping within walking distance. A few eateries as well. Chili's is right across the street. As well as a seafood restaurant. There is a CVS right across the street also.
There is no continental breakfast, but a marketplace store downstairs. The prices are comparable to the airport. Go to CVS for snacks.

It will cost you about $20 in cab fare to Metro DC. But it nice property and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!