“Bad shuttle experience” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2399 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off!
Ranked #21 of 47 hotels in Arlington
“Bad shuttle experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Make sure to keep cab fair because shuttle pick up is unreliable. You must call for a pick up and communication between front desk and shuttle driver is BAD..... Also, the restaurant is not 24 hrs even though it's prepared salads/sandwiches/desserts stored behind glass and is plainly visible.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Staff interaction with shuttle request - When I booked my reservation, I was not made aware that I had to call for pickup from airport. Other hotels did regular pickup but this hotel requires a telephone call. - I went out on the first evening and walked to the FedEx Office but didn't realize the store closed at 11pm and the store manager left out when I did leaving me out after dark without a ride. I called (spoke to a female front desk staff member) and requested a shuttle pickup and told the front desk staff that I was uncomfortable standing on the corner after 11pm at night when everything was closed so I would walk and stay on Crystal Drive until I see the shuttle. I described what I was wearing. After more than 30 minutes, the shuttle had not come and I was in an area of Crystal City that was not familiar to me and I was very concerned. I called again (spoke to a male) and he said he was not aware of the earlier request. I screamed in the phone to send someone for me and I was scared. I had to walk a block and a half to find street signs to give the cross street info to the man on the phone. He stayed on the phone until the shuttle came. The shuttle driver stated he was never told to pick me up. - On the next morning (7/12/14), I took the shuttle to the Crystal City Metro Station. The driver gave me his card to call when I was ready to be picked up. At approximately 3:45pm I arrived back at the Metro station and I called and requested a shuttle pickup. I waited 42 minutes with no pickup and two additional telephone calls. I was finally picked up by the Marriott shuttle whose driver noticed me on 3 or 4 of his cycles past the Metro station and was concerned for me sitting in the heat. He offered me cold water and his card for future pickups and drop offs. It's sad that the Marriott hotel treated me better than the Hilton where I was paying.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Brooklyn, Nyc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here this past weekend for my Sorority's bi-annual conference. Upon check-in, it was very quick and smooth. We decided to pay in cash, which was must easier. The incidental hold amount is $100 for the length of our stay, as opposed to $50/day being held on my credit card. And I got the deposit back immediately upon check out.
The rooms were very nice. There was no pool, which closed a month prior. They have a free shuttle to/from the airport. Which I might add is literally 5 minutes away.
The beds are so comfortable. The flatscreen tv made me feel right at home.
There is plenty of shopping within walking distance. A few eateries as well. Chili's is right across the street. As well as a seafood restaurant. There is a CVS right across the street also.
There is no continental breakfast, but a marketplace store downstairs. The prices are comparable to the airport. Go to CVS for snacks.

It will cost you about $20 in cab fare to Metro DC. But it nice property and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Good location. Next to a subway - free shuttle to and from the subway upon request. Be careful though because if your flight arrives after 1045pm (mine did) the shuttle will not be available and you'll have a ~$25 - 5 mine ride from the airport. Executive lounge had decent food but no happy hour from my recollection. Rooms were very dark and outdated. Overall it's a good place a crash if you're on a budget or need a hotel by the airport. There are also lots of restaurants and bars within walking distance which was great! Don't bring any leftovers or anything you'll need to warm up. I wanted to heat up a cake from across the street and the kitchen turned me away because of a wedding function (which had ended by that time).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Hilton Crystal City was a very nice hotel for our recent family trip to Washington DC. Only 3 blocks from the Crystal City Metro station, and very close to DCA airport. The accomodations were satisfactory. Plenty of restaurants to choose from near the hotel, and the Executive lounge for breakfast was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

New Orleans, LA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for the 4th of July weekend and couldn't have been more pleased. Staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Location was great, not more than 3 blocks from the Metro, and many dining options. If you're looking for a place to stay and not break the bank, I recommend.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Fairborn, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Check in a group of 100+ people, feed them individually or as a group, bed them down, and let them have the run of the place. The hotel is close enough to downtown D.C. so as to make the trip a short one. The hotel is run so that guests don't have to worry about anything except check out time. Reagan National Airport is very close, but the building well built enough that you don't hear the noise. I had a vacation worth my time and travel. Fun!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!