“Good Choice in Crystal City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2399 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off!
Ranked #28 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Bedford, Texas
“Good Choice in Crystal City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I like staying at this hotel because of its close proximity to Reagan National Airport (I usually walk to and from the airport). The Executive Lounge is great for breakfast and informal business meetings. The workout room is adequate to maintain fitness while on the road The hotel is convenient to restaurants and Metro.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear AugieJack:

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. We do value the feedback from our guests as it allows us to focus on continued improvement in both service and product.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We do have a great location that allows you to get around the DC region very easily. The Metro can pretty much take you anywhere and is just three blocks from the hotel.

Again thank you for taking time to post and I sincerely hope we will see you again in the near future.

179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Huntsville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was the worst stay I've experienced at a Hilton. Older property, small rooms, suspect cleaniness, noisy elevator even in rooms far away from them, only cool water in shower, friendly service staff but never solves a problem. Very low value for the price. The Hilton Old Town is far far better than Hilton Crystal City, for the same price and only 5 stops away on the metro train. The Hampton Inn accross the street is a better value than Hilton Crystal City.

Dear Sherman S:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. We sincerely value the feedback from our guests as it allows us to continue to improve our service and product.

I was sorry to read that you experienced some challenges while our guest. Our goal is 100% guest satisfaction. It appears that we have let you down, which is not at all typical of our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologize/

We hope that you will continue to think of us when traveling in the Washington DC area. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance with arrangements. Again, thank you for the post.

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed last month and cannot believe how good the refurbishment is. This is a great hotel as it is near Ronald Reagan Airport and walking distance to the Metro. Within a block are some great restaurants and shops including CVS across the street. The refurbished rooms are spacious and clean. The new lobby, bar and cafe add a new dimension.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Exceptional Staff, helpful, courteous, respectful. They treat guests like they would treat friends and family. This hotel is the best hotel I stay in and I travel weekly. The location is convenient to public transportation and their shuttle service is excellent.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Nice, corporate-style hotel in Crystal City close to the National Airport and close to downtown DC. Numerous restaurants within walking distance. Underground self-parking at $26. Very tight turns and parking slots are small so be careful. Large meeting rooms and restaurant. Full bar in the lobby. Nice fitness center that is larger than most with machines and free weights, plus treadmills and cross-trainers. Workout towels and water available. Medium hotel-size swimming pool with separate Jacuzzi. No lifeguard on duty. Dry off towels provided.

Staff pleasant but there appears to be a high turn-over. While trained well by Hilton, there is no substitute for experience which the staff I met didn't have. Upon check-in Sunday night, I was greeted as a Silver HHonors member. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but if you have a loyalty program you should at least use it correctly as I am a Diamond member.

Executive lounge better than most in the United States. Great breakfast with cereal (hot and cold) scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, bacon, bagels, bread for toast, muffins, etc. Full compliment of juices, coffees, teas, etc. Bottle water and sodas always available throughout the day and night. Evening reception has 3-4 hors d'oeuvres. Beer and wine for sale at a very nominal price. Nice seats with three HD TVs to watch. Tip the server a dollar or more as you leave for breakfast or the evening reception.

Hilton Honors upgrades and amenities spotty to good. They are supposed to offer HHonors members a gift bag upon arrival (contains a few snacks.) My last visit, I stayed two separate days during a week-long trip. One night I got the bag, the other, no. Not a huge deal but why not follow your own rules and be consistent? Same on room upgrades - sometimes yes and sometimes no. I know their usual excuse is "Upgrades if available" as the reason why you don't get upgraded. But on a Friday night with the hotel virtually empty, why not upgrade loyal Diamond members a favor and pop for the slightly bigger room on a higher floor?

Elevators slow when there is a convention in the hotel. Two of the three elevators were working and it took 1/2 hour to get aboard an elevator to my floor (no kidding!)

Standard rooms good and configured for the business traveler. Outlets built into light fixtures which allow for easy plug-in for your many electronic devices. The bathroom however is small - the smallest I've been to at any Hilton this far. You must go all the way in and turn around to be able to shut the door. Water pressure through the restricted-flow shower head is weak. Plan to spend some additional time getting the shampoo out.

Overall, I'll stay here again on my next trip. It is very convenient to the airport and downtown DC.

Room Tip: I don't think there are rooms with views that are worth requesting. Higher rooms are always bet...
Dear Patrick M:

Thank you for taking time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. The feedback from our guests is critical to us as we continue to work to improve both our service and product.

I enjoyed reading your comments on your stay. We do think we have a great hotel with a strategic location for getting around town and an awesome staff that focuses on the needs of our guests. Our recent top to bottom renovation has really reinvented the hotel. I especially appreciate your comment on the Executive Lounge, which is truly one of the best anywhere in the country.

Thank you again for the great post and I sincerely hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Cayman Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel previously and it is a good hotel. I got upgraded to a x04 room which was awesome for the second piece of my stay. The area has some great restaurants within walking distance and you can get to the metrostop 80% inside the shopping mall, other than the first piece - alternatively the shuttle will drop you off. Great employees there in the executive lounge and front desk, David was great! From the outside it is an aged hotel and in some rooms the bathrooms are small but they are clean, bed is comfy and the interent is fast. The elevators are a little slow if there are a great number of check outs or a group checking in as only 3 on property. I would stay again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear CaymanGreg:

Thank you for taking time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. The feedback from our guests is essential as we continue to work to improve both our service and product.

It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and always a pleasure to hear from a repeat guest. Our location is exceptional and our top to bottom renovation has transformed our hotel.

I certainly appreciate your loyalty and sincerely hope we will see you again in the very near future. Thank you again for the post.

Safe travels.

Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Great motel and service. Close to many places to eat. Walking distance to the Metro; 4-5 blocks. The drivers of the van are wonderful if you want a ride! I will be staying again! Good Value! I would advise not to stay on the first floor because you will find that the internet service is not good and there is a roof on this level next you your window that makes for loud conversations of workers and a feeling of awkwardness if you open your curtain and find yourself looking eye to eye with someone!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Tim K:

Thank you for taking time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. We sincerely appreciate the feedback from our guests as it assists us in improving both our service and product.

I enjoyed reading your review and am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel has an outstanding location and there is a lot going on in the Crystal City area. Our top to bottom renovation has created an exciting new product for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you again for taking your time to post. I hope that we will see you again in the near future.

Harold Bassler

Been to Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!