“Hilton Crystal City, Washington, DC” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2399 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off!
Ranked #28 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Salem, Virginia, United States
“Hilton Crystal City, Washington, DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed January 18 - 20, 2014. The best thing about the stay was their amazing staff! The rooms and bath are small, however very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to DC.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Portland, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I ended up being charged higher than the conference rate for my hotel nights. The person at the desk was not helpful in resolving this. I am still awaiting for this to be resolved, but am not hopeful based on my check out experience.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Peter K:

Thank you for taking time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. Feedback from our guests is extremely valuable as we continue to work to improve our product and services.

I do apologize for any confusion over special group rates. At this time, I do not have the information needed in order to assist you with the issue. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly. I will be happy to attempt to resolve any misunderstanding.

Thank you again for your post and I look forward to hearing from you so that we may resolve the outstanding issue.

Best regards,

Harold Bassler
Crystal City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

I stayed here on a short business trip to Washington. It's an easy safe walk to the metro to get into downtown, and the hotel has very convenient access to Reagan National for early morning flights. Room was quiet and spotless. All round very nice place to stay.

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This property has a very nice bar, and the check-in experience was friendly and efficient. They recognized my Hilton Honors status with a gift. In addition, if you're Hilton Honors, they have a Tuesday night reception plus access to the Executive Lounge with some nice refreshments.

The room was small, and the heating/ac unit noisy. It seemed to have two basic settings: full blast and off. At full blast the sound was overwhelming with some mechanical rattling, off was nice but that area has a lot of sirens running down the street 24/7.

The airport transportation was great. The free toiletries provided in the room were of high quality and a nice add. I toured the pool and exercise area and it looked very nice.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here only because of the brand and the precieved location. I have stayed in better motels in southern California then this Hillton. I really picked this because, I have stayed in some great Hillton hotels, but this one needs more then some remodeling.

Room:
I stayed in a double queen facing the street. It sounded as though there was no window at all. I was up all night before my meeting listening to the fire department and heavy traffic. The floor almost felt as soft as bed. The iron did not work (though they did replace it). There was no paper pad to write notes on, just a little post-it note despensor. The bathroom was literally a watercloset. AC/heat unit was exsessively loud and was creating a thick air that irritated my throat had a odd smell I could not place. The room was either freezing cold (due to the imaginary windows), or exsessively hot (due to the puggnent air it was blowing all night). By the way, shipping trucks start unloading at 4:30AM, I can hear them now. My bathroom had some sort of open peep-hole in the ceiling, I corked it with a towel...The cordless phone looks like it was picked up at my great-grandparents garrage sale.

Just serriously not impressed with as much as this room cost and disgusted with my lack of sleep. I will ask for another room or I will have to leave this hotel to get some sleep. There are others very close by and all around the same price.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Rogerthatroger:

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport. We do appreciate the feedback from our guests as we continue to improve our product and service.

I am very sorry that we were not able to provide the level of service that you expected. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. While I know this is not a typical situation, I regret that it was your experience with our hotel.

I would certainly like to invite you back to visit with us again during your next trip to the area. Please feel free to contact me directly as I would be pleased to personally arrange your accommodations. I know that our team can work to provide you with an awesome stay.

Again, I thank you for taking your time to post and I hope to hear from you regarding a future stay.

Best regards,

Harold Bassler
Hardeeville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Very nice hotel. Our problems were noise and inefficient bar service as well as Internet being down but that can happen anywhere and they did reimburse our bill for that service. The area is quite good for travel into DC and restaurants nearby with great menus.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was pleased with my stay at the Hilton. The hotel lobby was nicely decorated for the holiday season. My room was comfortable and quiet, with a great view. I appreciated the free, convenient shuttle to the airport for my early morning flight.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!