“Typical Hilton but 'by' the airport, not 'at' it.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport

Save Saved
You added Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2399 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
20% Off!
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
RI, USA
“Typical Hilton but 'by' the airport, not 'at' it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

It's a few minute shuttle ride to airport. (If there is a way to walk to and from airport, it is not apparent.) There is a Chili's, Legal Seafood and a few non-chain restaurants across the street and a7/11 a stone's throw away. Other than that, the whole area (Crystal City) is pretty dead at night. Hotel is modern, clean and near Metro (but there are others closer). Front desk staff was very helpful. Bathroom in my room was small but fine for 1. Housekeeping will greet you with a friendly hello.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

A two night stay for a conference at a nearby venue (the Hyatt Regency). The walk each day was not far (about five minutes along a quiet street). The area is filled with all manner of restaurants and some shopping too, with a metro station nearby for trips across the Potomac. The room was clean and comfortable with the usual Hilton amenities (wifi was fast too). There is an indoor pool, so be sure to bring swimwear. I was grateful to have access to the executive lounge where a buffet breakfast was served daily and evening canapes some evenings. Most importantly, the staff throughout shone - from check-in, to bar/restaurant/lounge, to housekeeping, there wasn't a single interaction that didn't leave me feeling happier. There are dozens of hotels in this area. I have stayed at three of them, but this one is my favourite.

Atlanta, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

This is an older property that has been renovated, but still has some issues that prevent it from being really comfortable. The (new, I think) lobby is very bright and very loud, even at 6 am when there is practically no one in it. My room was large, but contained an old ugly uncomfortable sleeper sofa, clearly left over from before the renovation - leaving no seating options besides the bed or the desk chair. As others have mentioned the heat/air system is a wall unit, which was very loud. I have mold and dust allergies and sneezed and coughed whenever I was in the room - not sure whether it was the heating unit or the old couch. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean.

The staff was friendly, although not incredibly competent - I requested a king room and got 2 doubles so had to switch, they put me on a floor with a huge group of unsupervised teenagers, the coffee in the room was only decaf, there was mass confusion between the bellman and the concierge trying to get a cab. No express checkout.

All in all, it wasn't the worst place I've stayed - but certainly wasn't great either.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Kathleen42:

Thank you for taking time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport. We appreciate your feedback.

While your stay was acceptable, I am very sorry that we were not able to exceed your expectations. Our goal is to provide the highest levels of service to our valued guests.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance during a future visit to the DC area. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist you with arrangements. I know that we can provide the level of service that you seek during your next stay.

Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stay was good, Stayed in Rm 528 this past week, staff at the front desk went out of their way to fix a problem I had making my experience very pleasant. Close to Metro and downtown D/C, would suggest taking metro and avoiding any tours.

Dear JJL1016:

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport. We sincerely appreciate the feedback from our guests as we continue to focus on improving our product and service levels.

I really appreciated your comments on our front office team. They are a great group of talented individuals who truly enjoy interacting with visitors to the DC area.

Thank you again for your post and we hope to see you again very soon!

Leeds, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Crystal City recently as it was in a convenient location for my business. I was met by friendly and helpful staff and check in and out was efficient. Colleagues who had stayed before were impressed by the public rooms uplift and the bar / café area is welcoming.

The rooms are still a bit dreary. Admittedly this was not helped by the weather which was grey, very wet as well as during the government shutdown which brought an Orwellian feel to the city. None of which the hotel could do anything about. However the air conditioning units are very old and noisy which does significantly affect sleep quality. The showers are timid and the swimming pool only for the hardy, as cold and uninviting. The breakfast was average with bread being very sweet and eggs overcooked.

As a HHonors gold member I was invited to the fortnightly 'Tuesday reception' which was excellent. Good food and plenty of complimentary drinks. The event manager Michelle deserves a special mention as she was the 'hostess with the mostess'. I would stay here again and feel they are on the way to achieving the expected Hilton Standard.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Harold B, General Manager at Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear MCMJones:

Thank you for taking your time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hilton Crystal City. We do value the feedback from our guests as it allows us to focus on service and product improvement.

Thank you for the great comments on your stay. I was pleased to read that you were able to join in on our regular Hilton HHonors receptions. Michelle is indeed a personality and I will be sure to recognize her for your comments.

You did visit the area during a very trying time and your description certainly hits the mark. The shut down was a difficult time for the city. I do apologize that you ran into a few issues during your stay. Our recent renovations have brought many improvements to the hotel.

Thank you again for your post and we do hope to see you again in the near future.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was in town for business in D.C. and this Hilton was a great stay. Clean rooms, quick airport pickup, and first class customer service. I even forgot my iPhone charger and the night manager let me borrow her personal one until the morning! Will stay again if I come back into town.

mendota heights, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Staff was wonderful and helpful in everything we did. We used the laundry service and room service, it was fast, with great quality. Great location with restaurants and almost everything you would need is nearby. Very enjoyable visit

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Crystal City at Washington Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!