“best view of dc you can find” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #93 of 650 Restaurants in Arlington
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The areas only rooftop revolving restaurant. Take in the stunning views of Washington DC, the Pentagon, the Potomac River, Reagan Airport and so much more without having to leave your seat. A full menu is offered as well as many drink options. We'd love to welcome you and no reservations are required. Simply take a North Tower elevator (at the Doubletree Hotel) to the 14th floor, get off and hit the up button for the Skydome elevator. Should you get on a South Tower elevator, simply get off on the lobby level and go past the Café for the North Tower elevators. Be sure to bring your parking ticket for validation (up to two hours). We hope to welcome you to the Skydome for a unique dining experience.
Asheville, North Carolina
“best view of dc you can find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I loved the skydome. We went about 6 in the evening on a Thursday and was surprised to find it not crowed at all. We were seated right by the window so we had an excellent view of the Pentagon, the Washington memorial, the dome of the capital building and the planes landing at Regan airport. We stayed past dark and got to see the city once everything was light up. The floor revolves slowly so you have a chance to see the entire city. It revolved twice in the amount of time we were there. Service was good and the staff was very friendly. The food though a little pricey was also very good. This would be a great place to come just for drinks or a dessert. It is a little bit of a walk from the metro and it seemed a little hard to find but that could have just been us we are from out of town. I will say the next time we are in Dc we will come by here again just to relax and watch the planes come in.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your Skydome experience. Typically the Skydome crowd does not pick up until later in the evening. During the week it is mostly hotel guests, but due to the government shut down it was slower the past few weeks. Thankfully that is over! However, I am glad that despite the lack of a big crowd at the time you were there you had such a nice time.

The view is fantastic all the time, but especially on a clear night when the city is lit up. The best part is that you could take in the whole view without having to get up due to the revolving floor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed seeing all the fantastic sites. It is nice to read that you also enjoyed the food & service offered.

The walk is 3 blocks (7-10 minutes) from the Pentagon City Metro Station. We do provide complimentary shuttle service. The shuttle leaves every half hour on the half hour until 11:00pm that many of our guests enjoy.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to your next visit and Brian Atkins, the Director of Food & Beverage, will try to arrange for another clear night for you to enjoy the view. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Richmond, Virginia
“The BEST view of DC from the sky!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Such a wonderful dinner with an amazing view of DC. The Restaraunt slowly turns while you enjoy your dinner. You NEVER have to worry about where you are seated because you will eventually see every angle of the view. The food and service is just as extraordinary as the view. We will be back!!

Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review. We are fortunate to be in a location that can offer the absolute best view of Washington DC, Reagan Airport, the Pentagon, and the Potomac River. It is nice to read that you enjoyed the panoramic view and the uniqueness of taking it all in while slowly revolving around the dome.

We understand the view is stunning and the staff works so hard to offer service and food that enhances the experience. It is glad to read this was the case for you.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your return. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Happy dining -

Union, Maine, United States
“What a great place to watch the world turn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a place with breath-taking views, great service, good food, the Sky Dome is the place for you. Watch the DC skyline while the dome turns around every 40 minutes so that your views are always changing. If you are looking for a place to stay, the Doubletree Hotel where the Sky Dome sits atop is excellent in every regard. Cheers!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for choosing to post your review. It is so nice to read that you had such a great Skydome experience. It is unique to be able to take in the stunning panoramic view without having to get up. The slowly revolving floor makes this possible and I am glad to read that along with the great view that you also enjoyed your meal. While the Skydome is a favorite for locals, it is also a great place for hotels guests to unwind while enjoying some food and/or a tasty beverage.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Happy dining -

Cleveland, Ohio
“Executive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Spectacular view and very good food! The service was good as well...Very caring manager made his way around and is great with people...I think he will go far in his career.
Would definitely come again.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am so glad to read that you enjoyed your food. The view is spectacular and our staff works hard to provide quality unique foods to enhance the Skydome experience.

The management (and entire team) of the Skydome cares very much how everyone is enjoying their time as their goal is to ensure everyone leaves happy and wanting to return. It is nice to read this goal was met with you.

Annandale, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic sliders, fantastic view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Met a friend here because of the great views, innovative cocktails including some interesting takes on rum, and upscale bourbons. We were glad we ate too. After a menu revamp earlier this year this place is on the upswing. You see an attempt at getting a lot of local ingredients in which I certainly appreciate. This isn't your average hotel food, they have a lot of interesting takes on old dishes. The lobster sliders (essentially mini lobster rolls) were a table favorite. The heirloom tomato salad came with some awesome fresh mozzarella and excellent presentation. The spot prawns (a classy take on shrimp and grits) were something I wished I had ordered.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you choosing to meet up at the Skydome and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your experience. The feedback on the new menu has been so positive and it is nice to read that you have enjoyed the new items. I hope the readers of your review will enjoy your suggestions on what to order.

Thank you again for your review and we hope you return soon to try the spot prawns. We will work hard to again exceed your expectations. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.