“Skydome lounge resturant” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Kensington, Maryland
“Skydome lounge resturant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I had dinner last night at the Skydome Lounge resturant and enjoyed it very much!
The view is awesome. Everyone was pleasant, courteous and professional mannered. Food and service was good. A nice place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad to read that you had a positive experience. The view is spectacular and so many of our patrons comment that it is the view of Washington DC that can be found. I appreciate you mentioning the staff as they work hard to ensure our guests have a great time.

Thank you again for the review and I hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

74% Recommend
London
“Limited Menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This restaurant provides a great view over Washington but is poorly appointed with a small corner bar and limited menu. The service is just about adequate but it is the food quality which primarily disappoints

Visited February 2013
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the menu offerings, but happy to let you know that a new menu will be rolled out in April. The Food & Beverage Director has let me know it will offer more variety so I hope you do come back and find it more to your liking. We strive to offer top quality of the food no matter what is ordered. I do hope you will contact me directly so we can further discuss your experience. The Skydome team takes guest comments very seriously and uses any feedback as a tool to help them improve.

Thank you again for your review and as always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Westervi
“great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

this is a great view of the area. the way the room goes around is really cool. the staff is great and the other guest were great. We met some people from the area and they pointed out a lot of things for us.

Visited February 2013
Thank you for your review. The Skydome does offer a very unique experience for the DC area as it is the only rooftop revolving lounge/restaurant. So many of our guests have commented that there is no better view found of our nation's capital and I hope you agree.

We are fortunate that we do have a lot of locals that frequent the Skydome and they usually really enjoy pointing out the more obscure points of interest. Being a panoramic view can be enjoyed, there is so much that can be seen from Arlington Cemetery, to the Pentagon, to Reagan Airport, to the White House, and so much more. I am glad you had some friendly patrons to help make your experience even better.

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great views!!! Great food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We went there for dinner last weekend and had a delicious meal and an even better view! I had the NY Strip (medium) with aspargus and mashed potatoes. It was very flavorful and cooked to perfection. My 11 year-old son had the burger and was filled. We shared a nice piece of cheesecake for dessert. The total bill was around $75 including tip, so it was reasonablly priced for the type of locale.

The views are unbelievablly incredible. They revolving floor made sure you were able to see everything in DC! The Sky Dome is so close to the Pentagon that the view makes you feel like you are there.

Visited March 2013
Kevin_Feldman, Manager at Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. I appreciate the details you give and it is so nice to read about your great evening.

You are correct, as good as the food is, the view is even better. In my unbiased opinion, it is the best view you could ever have of Washington DC. Also, many people really enjoy watching the planes take off/land at Reagan Airport.

It looks like you and your son had a really good meal. The New York Strip Steak is a favorite of our patrons and many comment how much they enjoy the mashed potatoes.

Thank you for your review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading my responses to contact me anytime.

Washougal, WA United States
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great view, super service, and a ton of fun. The staff was supurb and informative. The view was astounding.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for your review. It is so nice to read that you enjoyed your experience so much. I appreciate you mentioning the staff as they work very hard to offer a great time to each patron. I agree, the view is spectacular!

Thank you again for the review and we hope you return soon. As always, I invite anyone reading to contact me anytime.

kevin.feldman@hilton.com

Been to Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sky Dome at Doubletree Crystal City, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.