“Good starting point to Washington DC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #21 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Sittard, The Netherlands
“Good starting point to Washington DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

For our visit to Washington DC, we stayed 2 nights at the Comfort Inn Ballston.
Conveniently located at the higway in Arlington and with plenty of restaurants on walking distance. The walk to the metro station is 10 minutes with excelent connections to downtown Washington DC, Georgetown, Arlington Nat. cemetery. The hotel offers free parking space for your car and an hourly shuttle service.
The service from the employees in the hotel was very good and they were very helpfull in getting us on the way in the city.
The room was spacious and clean however slightly outdated. In general the hotel could use an upgrade. Nevertheless the price/quality ratio is very good.
Breakfast area was nice and breakfast was adequate. The service in the breakfast area could be better.
Good place to stay

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Wim E

Arlington, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Due to a sudden health issue, I had to find a hotel near VA hospital. because virgina hospitals don't choose to admit patients who need rest and observation. I was grateful that this hotel has a "hospital rate". the staff was very kind and considerate, helping me with bags, though no bell person is present. they helped me find massage services etc. This was quite a relief as I had reported my injury to the hilton springfield who made no attempt to help me find medical care etc. I would stay here again . location convenient to everything. included breakfast is better than many. reasonable price for amenities compared to what else is available locally. plenty of towels is also a + .CUDOS

Room Tip: great to have a fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank candy k
Chandler, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I have stayed at this motel countless times. I will be there this week, as well.
It is loctaed in the heart of North Arlington, giving it great access to Rt. 66,Lee Highway, Washington Blvd., Arlington Blvd. and Wilson Blvd. It is a quick ride to Washington Reagan Airport, but believe me, the natives,(and I am one) still refer to it as National Airport, so don't be confused. The only other major airports are Dulles, and BWI . Both of them are waaaay out of the area, especially BWI. National is quite close but not close enough to be bothered by air traffic.
This Comfort Inn has two wonderful things you don't always find in a motel.......YOu can have a free breakfast in an area off the main lobby AND free shuttle servive to METRO !
That shuttle is a huge bonus, as parking is at a PREMIUM in Arlinton! Once you board Metro, the whole of DC awaits you.
This is a popular motel for everyone who wants to visit DC and the surrounding area, so book as far ahead as possible, especially during Cherry Blossom time (spring) and the whole of the summer.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank SunshinelovesMarshal
arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

The hotel is just fine, but not really worth it. It is a bit of a walk from the metro. On a nice day, this is not a problem. Not so good when it is raining in DC. Compared to the other hotels in the Ballston Area, this one does not rate so high. I actually changed hotels during my stay.
There are no nearby restaurants, which can be a problem after flying in and it is raining. The food to buy at the hotel is generally pre-packaged snack foods.

While the room was just fine, they only had availability for a room that overlooked an on ramp to the freeway. So sleeping was not too good.

On this trip, a travel agent got my reservation at another nearby hotel wrong. All the rooms in the area were full (at the govt. rate). So the options were Comfort Inn at $169 or a Marriott for $399. I opted for the Comfort Inn. The hotel was nice to accept the reservation and the manager was nice enough to allow me to check out after the first night. I am not sure they can do too much about their location.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway on ramp.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank kmelde
Heath, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I just recently stayed at this hotel from 6/1 to 6/6. The hotel was very clean and the customer service was excellent. My family was on a vacation with my parents and two teenage daughters . We used the shuttle service from the hotel to the Metro. It was very nice for my parents who are in their 70's. If you choose to walk to the Metro it only took us about 10 min. The area around the hotel was very clean and safe. The breakfast was also very good. I would recommend this hotel to someone staying in the D.C. Area. The hotel is older but not an issue . If you use the Metro , which I recommend, and are staying for more than a day. I recommend the plastic cards. Also try to avoid the rush hour is possible.

Room Tip: The extra coach that flips into a bed was very comfortable. I used it myself.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank David F
Gulf Shores, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We spent 7 days/night at the Comfort Inn in Ballston and had a wonderful time. Hotel is being renovated, but no noise or dust. We had an older room, but it was large , and clean. Two beds and sofa bed, micro, fridge and desk. Faced the street and yet the only road noise we heard were a few sirens. The Staff is very friendly and helpful. Shuttle to Metro every hour, but it is close enough to walk, as we did several times. Typical breakfast, and we enjoyed having a cup of coffee when we returned from our day out. There is a Mall close by , and several restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Silvrii
Rowley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is a reasonably priced hotel with the benefit of free parking. The parking area was easy to get in and out. Some of the parking spaces were a bit tight but maneuverable. The rooms are comfortable and neat. The hotel is very clean and well kept. The beds were comfortable and since I was on the back side I did not hear any road noise. The front desk would provide a map of any place we wanted to go. I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family