“Adequate” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Adequate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Great price, and awesome location however it is still in need of a renovation, especially to the rooms, which need new carpet. Breakfast was okay, however seeing eggs come out of a bag was kinda off putting. Still it's okay for an overnight so long as you can get it for less than 100 a night.

Stayed December 2013
GenManager0210, General Manager at Comfort Inn Ballston, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. It is reviews like yours that give us valuable feedback on areas which need improvement. As of August 2013, we completed a major renovation of our lobby/public areas and plan a renovation of our rooms in the future. We appreciate your insights and hope you will stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Eastern Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice updated place with a decent breakfast. Free shuttle to shopping mall/metro station on the hour. Walk to several restaurants. Free parking. Staff is really friendly. Will def stay here again. Great location to stay and ride the metro in to view the WDC sites.

Room Tip: 262 is quiet and you can see your car in the courtyard.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I lodged in this hotel for three weeks - from the 11th of August and checked out on the 1st of September, 2013. One thing I enjoyed is the friendliness of the receptionist. They are always ready to help and are quite courteous. The location is also close to important places of interest in Arlington. Most of my trips were carried out on foot except when I decided to move a little far off.

All amenities in the room were working perfectly and the noise level in my room that faced the courtyard was nil. The room was spacious, very clean and the bed spreads were changed on daily basis.

The flat screen TV in the room is well centralised and I viewed it from all locations since I can swing it around. I also enjoyed the liberty of viewing many interesting television stations - sports, documentary, action, classical etc. There was a functional safe deposit in the room and, pressing iron and board well placed for my use.

The complimentary breakfast was good and well prepared. You have the options to pick from. I want to believe that the amount paid was reasonable considering the room size and the type of service received.

At the end of 21 nights in the hotel, I was satisfied and hope to return one these days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Radford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I spent 3 weeks in this hotel for a business trip to Arlington, VA and the surrounding area. It is so very convenient to many areas in northern VA as well as easy to bop over the river into DC and right near an entrance/exit on i-66. Location is also convenient to walk to restaurants. Local restaurants will deliver to the room. The price was good, especially considering the free parking (which I did not find at any other hotel in the area when I was searching for a hotel for this stay). The hotel is recently renovated, decor is nice, and the room was comfortable. The staff were very nice and friendly. Overall a great place to stay for business. The business office in the lobby allowed me to print to the front desk, as needed. I plan to stay here again when I return to the area for work. I would also stay here for a vacation stay as a launching point for sightseeing. There was a gym facility in the basement/off the parking garage which seems ok and might be on the list for renovation next. The manager Min was absolutely wonderful. One thing which would be nice is to have coffee available early morning (even before official breakfast time for those who have to start early) as the gas station across the street does not even open the shop until 7 am.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I don't know where the negative reviews came from for this hotel. The room was extra large with 5 of us staying we still had lots of room. The breakfast was above average and the staff are exceptional. The free parking is a big bonus as some hotels in DC charge $40 per night. It is a very pleasant and safe neighbourhood. When taking the 10 to 15 minute walk to the Metro, take different routes through the utterly charming residential neighbourhoods. We had an issue with the sink in the bathroom and a maintenance man was there in minutes to correct the problem. This hotel provided us with a very pleasant and economical week long stay in Washington.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We arrived at this hotel after dark and found the highway system a little confusing, but once we arrived we were very pleased. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean. There was a mouse trap behind the TV, but no evidence of vermin were seen.This hotel was constructed in a square with parking inside the open center of the square with parking underneath the building available as well. I felt my vehicle was safe in any parking area. The breakfast was well stocked with eggs, sausage and waffles as hot items. The eating area had a center long, high table with plenty of electrical outlets if you desired to use or charge an electronic device. There were other chair and table option to sit at. The location was outside of the hustle and bustle of DC, with the rail station being a mere four blocks away & the trip to the Smithsonian exit about 15-20 minutes. If you didn't want to walk to the rail the hotel provides transportation every hour on the hour via van. There were plenty of eating establishments surrounding the hotel. A lot of options for delivery of meals at a reasonable cost - we ordered Indian food delivered during one night of our stay. I would very much suggest this place for your next vacation to DC. The only reason I did not give the site an excellent review was due to the mouse traps. I appreciated that they were either to prevent or eradicate, but it was still a little creepy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We will stay here when we visit DC again. Free on-site parking. Free breakfast. 2miles from Metro, free shuttle service to/from metro. (DC just a few stops from this metro location) VERY clean room (they even washed blankets & spreads with every check out) , excellent accommodation for my family- myself, my 3 kids, and my parents. Req 2 rooms w/ 2beds in each room, they upgraded us to 2 rooms w/ adj sittiing area. Plenty of room for everyone. Felt safe. Front Desk told me they were going to renovate guest rooms in about 1 year. I thought the rooms were fine. No pool but that was fine- when we got back from long days of sightseeing there was no time to swim.. VERY helpful front desk. We walked from hotel to nearby restaurants for dinner, safe, clean location.
I will highly recommend this property to any of my family & friends that plan to go to DC.

Room Tip: 1/2 rooms face courtyard type of parking lot, probably very quiet. We faced road, more to "loo...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Ballston? Share your experiences!