“NICE PLACE, NICE LOCATION” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #36 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Lagos, Nigeria
“NICE PLACE, NICE LOCATION”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

I lodged in this hotel for three weeks - from the 11th of August and checked out on the 1st of September, 2013. One thing I enjoyed is the friendliness of the receptionist. They are always ready to help and are quite courteous. The location is also close to important places of interest in Arlington. Most of my trips were carried out on foot except when I decided to move a little far off.

All amenities in the room were working perfectly and the noise level in my room that faced the courtyard was nil. The room was spacious, very clean and the bed spreads were changed on daily basis.

The flat screen TV in the room is well centralised and I viewed it from all locations since I can swing it around. I also enjoyed the liberty of viewing many interesting television stations - sports, documentary, action, classical etc. There was a functional safe deposit in the room and, pressing iron and board well placed for my use.

The complimentary breakfast was good and well prepared. You have the options to pick from. I want to believe that the amount paid was reasonable considering the room size and the type of service received.

At the end of 21 nights in the hotel, I was satisfied and hope to return one these days.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Radford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I spent 3 weeks in this hotel for a business trip to Arlington, VA and the surrounding area. It is so very convenient to many areas in northern VA as well as easy to bop over the river into DC and right near an entrance/exit on i-66. Location is also convenient to walk to restaurants. Local restaurants will deliver to the room. The price was good, especially considering the free parking (which I did not find at any other hotel in the area when I was searching for a hotel for this stay). The hotel is recently renovated, decor is nice, and the room was comfortable. The staff were very nice and friendly. Overall a great place to stay for business. The business office in the lobby allowed me to print to the front desk, as needed. I plan to stay here again when I return to the area for work. I would also stay here for a vacation stay as a launching point for sightseeing. There was a gym facility in the basement/off the parking garage which seems ok and might be on the list for renovation next. The manager Min was absolutely wonderful. One thing which would be nice is to have coffee available early morning (even before official breakfast time for those who have to start early) as the gas station across the street does not even open the shop until 7 am.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I don't know where the negative reviews came from for this hotel. The room was extra large with 5 of us staying we still had lots of room. The breakfast was above average and the staff are exceptional. The free parking is a big bonus as some hotels in DC charge $40 per night. It is a very pleasant and safe neighbourhood. When taking the 10 to 15 minute walk to the Metro, take different routes through the utterly charming residential neighbourhoods. We had an issue with the sink in the bathroom and a maintenance man was there in minutes to correct the problem. This hotel provided us with a very pleasant and economical week long stay in Washington.

Kansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We arrived at this hotel after dark and found the highway system a little confusing, but once we arrived we were very pleased. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was large and clean. There was a mouse trap behind the TV, but no evidence of vermin were seen.This hotel was constructed in a square with parking inside the open center of the square with parking underneath the building available as well. I felt my vehicle was safe in any parking area. The breakfast was well stocked with eggs, sausage and waffles as hot items. The eating area had a center long, high table with plenty of electrical outlets if you desired to use or charge an electronic device. There were other chair and table option to sit at. The location was outside of the hustle and bustle of DC, with the rail station being a mere four blocks away & the trip to the Smithsonian exit about 15-20 minutes. If you didn't want to walk to the rail the hotel provides transportation every hour on the hour via van. There were plenty of eating establishments surrounding the hotel. A lot of options for delivery of meals at a reasonable cost - we ordered Indian food delivered during one night of our stay. I would very much suggest this place for your next vacation to DC. The only reason I did not give the site an excellent review was due to the mouse traps. I appreciated that they were either to prevent or eradicate, but it was still a little creepy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We will stay here when we visit DC again. Free on-site parking. Free breakfast. 2miles from Metro, free shuttle service to/from metro. (DC just a few stops from this metro location) VERY clean room (they even washed blankets & spreads with every check out) , excellent accommodation for my family- myself, my 3 kids, and my parents. Req 2 rooms w/ 2beds in each room, they upgraded us to 2 rooms w/ adj sittiing area. Plenty of room for everyone. Felt safe. Front Desk told me they were going to renovate guest rooms in about 1 year. I thought the rooms were fine. No pool but that was fine- when we got back from long days of sightseeing there was no time to swim.. VERY helpful front desk. We walked from hotel to nearby restaurants for dinner, safe, clean location.
I will highly recommend this property to any of my family & friends that plan to go to DC.

Room Tip: 1/2 rooms face courtyard type of parking lot, probably very quiet. We faced road, more to "loo...
San Diego, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

On a recent sight seeing trip to the Wash DC area, we stayed overnight at the Comfort Inn Ballston. The hotel is near the Ballston Metro station so all DC attractions are nearby via the Metro.

The staff was very courteous and attentive upon check in and check out. The room was large and fairly luxurious, nice comfortable beds with soft pillows, hi def widescreen TV, high speed internet, a small frig, microwave, and coffee maker. Very nice accommodations and, considering the cost of the room, an extremely good value.

The breakfast, which was included in the room price, had a large selection of cereals, bakery goods, fruits, yogurt, juices, hot cocoa, coffee, milk, scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, and pancakes. The variety would certainly meet most anyone's tastes. It was a self serve buffet, so it was quick also, leaving more sight seeing time.

We will stay here on our next DC trip, whenever that may be, and highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the inside parking lot which was very quiet. I had seen from other reviews tha...
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Train station is 3-4 blocks away, so this would be good cheap location to stay for tourists.. While the breakfast area is very modern, the new renovations are kind of a lipstick on a pig because the halls and rooms smell and the rooms are outdated. The breakfast is low budget, so if you're looking for something health, your options are limited. The front desk seemed very disorganized. Check-in was slow and our keys were not coded properly, so we were locked out of our rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
GenManager0210, Manager at Comfort Inn Ballston, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
I am sorry that your experience was not up to your expectation. We are planning to renovate our rooms in a very near future to enhance the looks and feels of the guest rooms. We will be looking at other issues pointed out so that we can enhance our guests' experience.

Been to Comfort Inn Ballston? Share your experiences!