“Fabulous staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 48 hotels in Arlington
Madison, Wisconsin
“Fabulous staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The staff here are exceptional. They gave me toothpaste, a big need given airport security; nevertheless, one could argue that's standard these days. But this morning as I got ready to go to an important meeting, I lost the button to my pants. Quit laughing--I've only gained 10 pounds this year, and it was all muscle :-) They fixed me up with a little sewing kit after only a minute of searching (apparently it's not as frequently requested as toothpaste). In all, I've needed to go to the front desk 3 times in 24 hours--and no, I'm not normally so high maintenance--and the three different people at the desk have all been very friendly and upbeat.

One more note... I came here a few years ago, and the wireless internet was slow, so I decided not to return. I left arrangements this time for last-minute and so ended up back here by process of elimination, and the free wireless internet now is massively improved. I'll come back for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

184 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Room had all that was promised: 2 beds, TV, free Wi-Fi, fridge, microwave, safe (it was big enough to accommodate two 15 inch laptops). Our room was facing N Glebe road, but still was quiet enough to sleep.
Breakfast was hot eggs, sausages, cereal, milk, coffee, apples, banana, oranges, donuts, waffles.
Hotel had a gym downstairs in the basement. Nothing special: treadmill, elliptical, bicycle and weights machine.
There was 20 miles long jogging trail 5 min walk from the hotel, although there were also a lot of people jogging on the streets.
Most of people staying in the hotel were vacationers, although you do see some people staying here on business trip during the week days.
Parking space at the hotel was plentiful.
We liked the location - 10 min walk from metro station Balliston MU. This metro station is located on orange lane, that takes you right to downtown: White House, Smithsonian, Capitol etc.
The metro ride is about 15 min and costs $2 - $3 one way depending on time of the day and distance.
Overall the hotel is nothing special, but not expensive either.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are facing the court, but don't have as nice view as rooms on the outside side of th...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tinton falls, nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

you will not miss home ( if you live in a old house or an apartment ) you will feel right at home. things are a little old but everything works and you can get by.

silent and good ac, spacious rooms and good beds, and best of all - no smoking for the entire hotel. half the price of nearby hotels. free parking and a good breakfast. I am going back here.

old plumbing and a little mess due to ongoing renovation, but it really wont bother you. they should change the shower heads in the bathrooms, then i wouldnt have any complaints at all.

overall i would recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Coarsegold, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel was not all what was represented to us. The hotel was undergoing a major renovation which this hotel has clearly not had for many years. The real issue was the room was so drab, the bedspread smelled and there was ants on the floor. When I asked the FD for what Mr. Bandesh Patel represented, they laughed and said "it was too late to cancel. "They wouldn't even switch our room. But that may not have mattered as there are many unsatisfied guests of this establishment. I will never return to this dump.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The Good: The room itself was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The metro is seven blocks away, and there is a shuttle that leaves on the hour in the mornings and evenings. It is also convenient to major highways.

The Bad: The motel is undergoing much needed renovations. If I didn't have reservations and I had just walked into the lobby, I never would have stayed here. The lobby smells weird and is very dingy and dated, as is the breakfast area. The breakfast is below average, and who wants to eat in a smelly, dreary area? The maid service was odd - sometimes they left one towel, sometimes two. We had four people, so we kept having to ask the front desk for more towels. Our room looked onto "the courtyard," which is actually the parking lot. After reading other reviews, however, I would say this is the best, most quiet part of the motel.

Bottom line: This is an acceptable motel if you can't afford to stay in D.C. itself. I wouldn't stay here again, though.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here at this hotel about 3 months ago, hotel was under major construction. I had a conference the very next day the executive conference center, so sleep was an important matter to me. There was a lot noise due to construction. The front desk is currently located in a outdated, filthy, haunted restaurant. I was told renovations would be done before my next stay here. I returned and its still in the same condition. I originally had the reservation for 3 nights, but I obviously checked out the next morning. I was not able to cancel the entire stay (including the first night) due the cancellation policy. I've stayed at many different hotels, by far this one has given me the worst experience.. I never will be returning to this property. How ever the front desk staff was excellent, very kind and understanding. They are the reason why I might (maybe) re consider staying here. I gave this hotel 1 star due the kindness of the staff!

P.S. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

During our stay the hotel was under construction but that did not interrupt our stay at all. THe rooms are clean and large. Our room looked out over the parking lot but that was perfect since we did not have to hear the street noise. The hotel was right next to the expressway so it took us 10 mins. to get to D.C. every day. The breakfast was average with cereals, fruit, eggs and sausage. The metro train stop was also close by and for those that are too tired to walk the hotel has a free shuttle to and from the train stop all day. There is no pool at this hotel. Our room did have a fridge, microwave and safe.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Ballston? Share your experiences!