“Perfect Place To Stay While Visiting DC” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #35 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Supply, North Carolina
“Perfect Place To Stay While Visiting DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My Daughter and I recently visited Washington, DC for four days during her spring break from college. The Ballston Comfort Inn proved to be a great choice. It is conveniently located near the metro and a handful of excellent, moderately priced restaurants. The area feels very safe for walking day or night. The room was spacious and very clean. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the morning free breakfast was just right. With 24 hour free coffee and a moderate price, we will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

201 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Somerset, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Need a hotel near the Ballston metro and within walking distance of Fairfax ave and many eateries and goodies?? Need it fast? Reasonably low rates without sacrificing cleanliness and *free* breakfast? Need free room internet and maybe a printer? The Comfort Inn has it all. We stay there when we go to Arlington (mostly for business). The rooms have a refrigerator too. The proximity to the Ballston metro (within 4-6 blocks) makes it easy to access DC facilities and attractions. We love to visit old Alexandria as well as the museums and eateries near the white house. Check out old ebbits grill for 1800s decor (with gas lamps). The Comfort-Inn staff and especially the manager are very helpful and curteous. For the many years we have stayed there, we have not had any problems what-so-ever. Need additional time for checkout (within reason), just ask. Need to park for early check-in, just ask. Need to leave the car for the business meeting, just ask. It's not fancy but it is rock solid at a reasonable price in a great location with great amenities. Check it out!
The confort inn has very good accomodations and very nice (free!) breakfast.

Room Tip: Well, any are good for sleeping as we are gone most of the day.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The Ballston area is a great place to stay when in the DC area on business, but most of the local hotels are vastly overpriced. The Comfort Inn Ballston is an excellent value, particularly in that context. It is an easy walk to the Ballston Metro stop, and local busses stop right outside. The rooms are clean and quiet, and come with a refrigerator and microwave along with the usual amenities. Complementary breakfast (some hot items, lots of healthy options) and in-room internet (wifi or wired) make the entire experience very pleasant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

My friends and I stayed at this hotel because it had come highly recommended by a co-worker. For the most part everything was fine but we kept finding black ants on our bed. It wasn't the biggest deal and probably just the room but it was annoying and an inconvenience. It is just ants after all but we shouldn't have to deal with that for the price.

Pros: Free parking, free breakfast, decent sized room, appeared to be in a safe area

Cons: Found ants in bed, longer walk from the train than we would have liked

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here for the first time during Inauguration/MLK Weekend. The hotel is generally dated with a few upgrades (flat screen TV and the bathroom floor tile) but clean. The service was prompt and friendly to include shuttle service to and from the Ballston Metro during peak hours (really a short walk but it was freezing most days). The area is busy without being congested and pedestrian friendly. Shopping and dining are within a few blocks and feels very safe. Other than the cosmetics of the hotel I would suggest increasing the water pressure for better showers and upgrade the shower heads. The breakfast offerings were basically the same each morning but have enough variety to prevent repeats.

Room Tip: Definitely request an interior room if traffic sounds disturb you. My room was near the street (Gleb...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was my second stay at this the hotel. I chose it the first time because of the price. It was about $60 cheaper than the HI down the street where I usually stay when in time. My first stay was almost perfect. Of course, it wasn't as nice the HI but it was definitely above average. My room had a microwave and refrigerator and faced the courtyard. The TV was fine. The staff was friendly and helpful. The shuttle service as reliable. The Internet was reliable.

Now the second stay. The first room we were assigned didn't have a microwave and refrigerator. The good news is that we were moved to a room that had both. Unfortunately, we had to rearrange the furniture in the room in order to be able to plug in the microwave. We reported a loose wall socket that we discovered while moving things around. We were told that maintenance would fix it, but that didn't happen.

My husband wanted a room with a flat screen TV. We were told that they didn't have any more of those rooms but they did have TVs in the back and they'd have maintenance bring one up for us the next day. Well, that didn't happen. The manager had a different story. Unfortunately, my hubby saw a maintenance guy putting TVs in other rooms.

The television reception wasn't that good this time. I especially disappointed with the ABC station as I had to watch, Scandal, my favorite guilty pleasure, with a fuzzy screen. I don't remember any reception problems during my first stay.

The Internet was exceptionally slow. Since this was a working trip, I really needed the Internet. I finally gave up trying to do anything substantive online. Again, I don't remember any Internet problems on my first stay.

Will I stay here again? Probably. It will depend on the room charge. My 3-day stay averaged $100/night which is excellent for the Arlington area (almost half the per-night charge of my first stay). If I do stay again, I'll arrive with lowered expectations. Management really needs to be a bit more service-oriented.

Room Tip: We stayed in 262 which was the last room on the hallway (actually down the hall, around the corner...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I was thoroughly disappointed with this hotel. I was expecting a much more pleasant experience. Instead I was very disappointed. The rooms did not even vaguely resemble the rooms posted on the web site. The rooms were dated and dingy. There was trash on the floor. Yet the staff which was so rude and unpleasant refused to move me. The elevator was so slow. I will never return to hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Ballston? Share your experiences!