“The Service Was Excellent” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Blacksburg, Virginia, United States
“The Service Was Excellent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The front desk staff was so helpful and kind, but the amenities and the continental breakfast were awful. I personally found that the location was inconvienent. They offer shuttle services in one direction, however that is of no help when you are trying to get back to your hotel room.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CommentManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Ballston, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments. We apologize we did not meet your expectations. These are not typical comments of our hotel. Please be assured we are using your feedback constructively. Your business is important to us and we hope you will give us another chance when visiting our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Vinton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have stayed twice at this hotel within the past year. The rooms are always comfortable and the staff is friendly. The breakfast was great. Highly recommend. Great location to visit my son at Marymount University.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CommentManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Ballston, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Thank you for your continued patronage. We hope to see you again soon.
Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed here from August 24th to 28th.I choose this hotel after reading previous reviews. This is a very clean and simple hotel yet awesome customer service, FREE parking, breakfast and shuttle to the Metro station! I stayed with my folks, 4 people in a doubles , felt pretty comfortable, fridge and Microwave were a plus. I slept quitely. We walked around until late hours and never felt insecure. This hotel is about 10min walk from Ballston Metro (orange station) and about 25min from DC. Very easy to access from 66 and I-95.Lots of average places to eat around. I really recomend and would stay here next time we visit.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments. Providing our guests with unmatched service and value is our goal. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again.
Tarija, Bolivia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

In my personal opinion is a first class hotel, the service is excellent, people are always willing to help in any way. service quality is impressive. breakfast is very good because it has variety of foods to servirce. I love the location of the hotel that is near to Ballston mall and ballston metro station. is a quiet neighborhood, I would recommend this to anyone who can get to Washington to visit or business.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Vineland, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Clean and updated which are the most important things we appreciated here. The breakfast was first rate; scrambled eggs and good coffee. A few details kept it from being 5 starts; balky remote control and hot water controls in the shower, but this was excellent value for the money and if I could give it 4 and a half stars I would. The price was surprisingly reasonable for an expensive area like Arlington.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I researched alot of hotels outside of DC while preparing for our vacation. I wanted something reasonable priced and close to the metro. The website for this Comfort Inn stated they had a free shuttle that went to the Metro station every hour which sounded great to me. We would be staying at this hotel for 3 nights and our schedule was jammed packed so we pretty much needed a place to sleep and shower. Which is pretty much what I realized this hotel was good for.

Upon checking in - we were third in line and the front desk clerk recited the exact same speech to every guest....by time I got to the front, I knew his speech word for word. We had reserved two rooms and they offered us adjoining rooms on the 3rd floor but they hadn't been "updated". If I wanted updated rooms, we had to opt for two separate rooms on the 2nd floor. We went with the updated rooms, side by side. These rooms were hardly updated. They had old TV's that barely got a clear channel. The bathrooms were partially updated but they were nothing fancy. The A/C was very strong though so that was a good thing. I guess I just expected more, since I was told these were the newly updated rooms.

We decided to grab the shuttle to the Metro since we had reservations in DC that night. The shuttle is not an automatic hourly thing. We had to tell the front desk we wanted the shuttle and then wait for them to find someone to drive this shuttle. Sometimes it left at 5 past the hour, other times it was 20 past the hour. There was no return shuttle waiting at the Metro as they advertised (and as they told us during the check in speech).....I suppose if we needed the ride back, we would have had to call the hotel and request it. We opted to walk the 7 long - very long blocks back to the hotel each night. And after a whole day trekking DC, the 7 blocks seemed very very long.

The breakfast was good, but the room was packed and one morning we couldn't even get into the room and get a seat. When we did get breakfast it was good - standard breakfast items to start the day off.

The worst thing was the internet access. It was non-existant. We followed the sign-on instructions and even after three days, we never accessed the internet. We asked at the front desk what we were doing wrong and they just repeated the same instructions.....frustrating to say the least.

I think if I went back to the DC area, I would look elsewhere to stay. There are so many hotels in and around the area, this probably would not be my first choice again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2012

stayed there 4 nights while touring around Washington the room was clean, the staff was friendly and the location was great, a 5 min walk to the Metro subway system the all you can eat breakfast held us untill suppertime great value, not much to look at from the outside but more then served our needs.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
CommentManager, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Ballston, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for sharing your comments. We're pleased you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to provide our guest with a great value in Washington DC.

Been to Comfort Inn Ballston? Share your experiences!