“Excellent Value/Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 47 hotels in Arlington
Ocean City, Maryland
“Excellent Value/Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Have stayed at Comfort In Ballston a few times this spring. Clean rooms, convenient location and great staff. Edwin was terrific in assisting us-we were in town due to a relative's illness and he was very accomodating with any requests we had/directions,etc. The breakfast is also nice with both hot and cold selections. I recommend the Comfort Inn Ballston to anyone staying in the Arlington area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Heidi B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Ballston, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
Thank you for the great comments. Our goal is to provide the best value in the DC area and the best service, and it looks like for your stay we met that goal. We appreciate your business and we will be sure to share your comments with our staff.

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Carterville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I have been meaning to write a review for the Comfort Inn Ballston for some time now and having spent over two months of my life staying here over the last decade, I feel as if I am pretty qualified to write this review. Here it goes:
I annually take a student group to Washington DC for a class assignment and every year we have used the Comfort Inn Ballston as our home away from home. Although we don’t spend much non-sleeping time at the hotel, we are always on the move into DC, I have always found my stays there to be pleasant with few issues. The location is safe and convenient to the Ballston METRO station and there are numerous places to eat and shop within walking distance. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel is quiet.
The Comfort Inn Ballston staff has always been friendly to us and will work to correct any problems that may arise. One big positive for me is that they have been stable with their management team over the years. Victor always took great care of our group from the scheduling to the checkout. The new manager, Min, has picked up where Victor left off.
It would be difficult to spend as much time as I have in any one hotel and not have had the occasional problem. Although, I can tell you that the problems we have had were minor and they are outweighed by the helpfulness of the hotel management and staff. There have been occasions where they went above and beyond to help us out, such as the year when our flight was cancelled due to an ice storm and we had to stay two additional days. They saved us from a couple of nights sleeping in the airport. So while this place is not perfect, I trust it and I always know what I am getting for my money.
If you are looking for a 4 or 5 star place with upscale amenities and a spa atmosphere, this is not your place. I can say that it needs a little updating of the TV’s and the décor is not all shiny and new. However, if you are looking for a basic hotel in a convenient location, a safe neighborhood, clean rooms, and friendly management and staff then the Comfort Inn Ballston has what you are looking for. See you next year Comfort Inn!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
monroe, michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

We were quite pleased with our 2 nights. The rooms are spacious and included a microwave, mini-fridge and safe plus all the usual. I needed help with three little personal chores and the staff was terrific. Great breakfast offering including make your own waffles, eggs and sausage, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt and more. Nice location close to all the restaurants and metro and right by the exit from 66. Parking space provided (a big plus over other more expensive hotels in the same neighborhood). All the employees were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Stayed one night on business. The room was unexpectedly spacious. The bathroom was partially updated but still a bit dingy, with a rusty light fixture and door hinges, and a loose shower curtain rod.

There was some noise from the nearby freeway and adjoining rooms, but it was tolerable.

The room was clean, the beds comfortable, and the hot water plentiful. Hallways were bright and clean.

Breakfast was basic but fine.

I guess it is a good value for the DC area at $200/night. It's not too far from the Metro stop, but a a bit of a long hike with luggage.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Heidi B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Ballston, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our product and services. We apologize parts of your stay were not as expected but we are pleased you found our hotel to be clean and a good value. We hope to see you again.
Manhiem, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

The Comfort Inn in Ballston, VA is certainly worth more than the two star rating that certain companies have put in their tour guides. The hotel is clean, friendly and just several blocks away from the Metro station. Edwin, at the front desk, does an excellent job in satisfying customer requests and is quite knowledgeable , efficient and polite. Abdul, the manager, takes pride in the hotel and works to meet customer requests also.
The Comfort Inn in Ballston competes with four star hotels in service, cleanliness and breakfast.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Chapel Hill, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Although I have stayed at this hotel in previous years, my most recent stay over this past Easter 2012 weekend reinforced my highly favorable opinion of it. In particular, the helpfulness of the smiling, gracious reception desk staff as well as that of the breakfast room staff caught my pleased attention. My courtyard-view room was remarkably comfortable and quiet. Once again, I would certainly recommend this hotel for visitors to this area.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a courtyard-view room to avoid outside street traffic noise..
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Heidi B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Ballston, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing our hotel again for your stays into DC area, we sincerely appreciate your business. We are pleased you found the stay comfortable and the staff friendly, that is our goal!
Houghton, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the last few years and it seems to keep getting better. The rooms are more than adequate with comfortable bedding and pillows. Housekeeping service does a nice job of keeping the rooms clean and well stocked. As others have said, the outside of the hotel isn't a whole lot to look at but the service is what keeps me coming back. The breakfast is very well done for a free continental breakfast and offers many options. The front desk staff were among the most helpful of any hotel I've stayed at. The staff went above and beyond to help our group's stay to be convenient for us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Heidi B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Ballston, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Thank you for the great review. We will let our front desk staff know about your kind comments. Our hotel is a great value as you mentioned and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Comfort Inn Ballston? Share your experiences!