A good place deserves a good review. This place was darn near perfect. (With one big exception.)
I stayed here 8/28-30 on business. It is almost immaculate. The rooms were clean, the bathrooms appeared new or renovated (caulk looked fresh, no mold, no cracked tile, no stains). The bed was absolutely awesome. Probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. - no exaggeration. The hallway carpets appeared freshly shampooed.
There are many nice restaurants within walking distance (anything on 23rd street between Eads and Fern. Also Kabob Palace just south of 23rd on Eads.) I brought my take out meal to my room and realized there was not a microwave or refrigerator. I called the front desk and within minutes both were delivered to my room.
The workout room is well equipped. Two ellipticals, several treadmills, and I think a stair master and recumbent bike (not sure though). Two TVs. When I worked out in the morning I called the front desk and requested the temperature be lowered in the workout room (I boil when I work out). I also requested a fan to blow cool air over me while I used the elliptical. Within 15 minutes a man showed up and lowered the temperature and set up a big fan. Awesome. Why can't all workout rooms have fans?
In comparison to a lot of other hotels in the area, there is no free breakfast on weekdays. Guess what? I don't care. The last thing I want to do is stuff myself on generic eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, etc. Save the calories for the good local restaurants later that evening.
Now, the BIG problem. No Ethernet internet. All wireless. Not good. I was on the 11th floor on the east side (which gives you an excellent view of DCA and the Potomac sailboats). Connection dropped out continuously. (Same problem at Embassy Suites here in Arlington.) In all fairness, the staff offered to let me change rooms. Out of laziness, I declined - not worth the hassle. I used my wireless card and also the wireless kit provided by the front desk. I had bad connectivity with both hardware.
This place is thisclose to being excellent. They just need to fix the internet weakness.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport Hotel
- Courtyard Arlington Crystal City
- Courtyard Arlington
- Arlington Courtyard
- Arlington Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in vibrant Arlington, VA the Courtyard Reagan National Airport Hotel offers ideal accommodations for vacations and business trips alike. This hotel in Crystal City is only half a mile away from DCA Airport and with complimentary shuttle service to the Crystal City Metro Rail Station, the tourist attractions in and around Washington, DC are at guests' fingertips. The hotel is also just minutes t to area businesses and government agencies, including the Pentagon, PBS, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and IBM. Amenities at this Crystal City, VA hotel include a redesigned lobby with flexible work spaces, free Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The Bistro provides enhanced food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Enjoy comfortable accommodations with flat screen TVs and luxurious Marriott bedding. Break away from business as usual at the Courtyard Arlington Crystal City Reagan Airport (DCA) Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.