“Nice at a good price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Akron, Ohio
“Nice at a good price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

While I got what I requested, a king on a high floor, the room was near elevators and noisy the entire stay. In fairness, I requested a room change in the morning and the front desk was accommodating, but after a long day sightseeing, I was in no mood to change rooms. Air conditioner fan drowned out the noise fairly well. I did not have the air on the first night, as the room was comfortable and air was clean smelling. The room was great. Modern, clean room, comfy bed, large HD tv that swiveled to be viewed from anywhere in the room. Only problem was the window. While I a sure that they use privacy glass, it was a little disconcerting to be across the street from another high rise building and no drapery to close the view. Also the internet connection was slow in the room, much better in lobby. At no charge, I didn't mind. The shuttle to the Crystal City Metro station was excellent. Overall, a pleasant stay, and I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Eastern Shore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

... but was pleasantly surprised. We stayed here the night before our flight out on a Sunday a.m. from Reagan National.

I had booked an internet week-end special rate... so the vale was excellent. We were warmly greeted by desk clerk who answered all our Q's about the area.

Room was big and comfy... and no hiway or airport noise. While you could tell that the hotel was dated, it seemed like everything had been upgraded. Very clean.

We walked to lunch and dinner. Although the Crystal City 23rd street resaurant row was 6 blocks away... it's an easy and safe walk.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
D.C. area
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

As a frequent patron of hotels, I stayed here on points. I had a horrible night's sleep. Upon checking in, I asked for a room away from the elevators and vending machines. That preference was honored; however, I wasn't on a very high floor and got a room close to a busy highway. The noise from that kept me from getting to sleep.

In addition, I checked out expecting no charges on my bill. When I looked at my credit card statement, I saw a charge for $20! They said it was because I was using a promotional night and that it was a mistake. The manager was not very apologetic and initially accused me of not having enough points. However, apparently I will be getting the money back that they shouldn't have charged me in the first place.

The location of this hotel is perhaps the worst of any in Crystal City, being 10 blocks from the metro. Arguably the nearby Holiday Inn is actually the worst, but it's the better hotel of the two, usually being cheaper and offering room service every night.

There are a lot of hotels in this area, and this is the last one I'd recommend to my friends.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Voorhees, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2010

I love Marriott properties as a whole. They are consistently clean, well-staffed, and in good areas. The Courtyard in Arlington Crystal City was no exception. Besides being walking distance from an assortment of restaurants, it was a 10 minute walk from the DC Metro. Every morning my wife and I would stop by the Starbucks on the way to the metro to start our day, which was definitely nice.

The only issue I hold with the hotel is that on weekends there is no room service. While it makes sense because the DC area, in general, is a during-the-week business place, it did seem like the hotel was quite full of activity and room service could have sustained itself. Oh well, the hotel was great and, especially for the price, a great value.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

The hotel seemd OK from the beginning. I chose it because I usually can depend on Marriott to provide clean dependable rooms at a reasonable price.

During the evening a very large roach roamed the walls of our room and ruined our comfort.

I am very disappointed in Marriott and will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

Stayed at this Courtyard for 3 nights during a conference in July. The conference was next door at the Hyatt, but I chose to stay at the Courtyard instead based on poor reviews of the Hyatt here on TA.

This is a pretty standard Courtyard property. Probably remodeled in the last year or two, but still showing some wear and tear. The front desk and housekeeping staff were both very friendly. Housekeeping did a great job with our room, cleaning it early each day.

Upon arrival, the first thing I noticed was an overpowering smell of chemical air freshener. It was so strong that it commanded your attention as soon as you walked in. This odor permeated the entire ground level of the hotel. What might have been a pleasant smell in a (much) smaller dose was disgusting, making my eyes water and head ache. I thought perhaps they had just cleaned the lobby and assumed it would dissipate but it didn't - it smelled bad the whole weekend. Kind of makes me wonder what kind of smell they were trying to cover up - must have been something pretty awful if this was considered an improvement.

The second thing I noticed was that the carpet behind the reception counter was FILTHY. Didn't really effect my stay, but certainly made an impression.

Happily, the room was an improvement over the lobby. Most importantly, the gross air freshener scent was absent. Large TV, good workspace, queen bed with new sheet-style bedding. Bathroom was pretty standard. On the plus side, the shower curtain was Westin-style, arching outward to give you more room in the shower. On the minus side, it is one of those cheap "covered" tubs and is still pretty small. Not sure why they wouldn't have just gone with standard shower stalls when remodeling. The air conditioning unit was in the wall below the window. It did two things very, very well: a) Keep the room cool and b) wake us up every 10 minutes during the night when it very loudly turned itself off and/or on.

All these complaints aside, not bad for $109 a night, I suppose. They've GOT to do something about that odor in the lobby though...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2010

Arrived at this hotel to attend a meeting. Received a number of confirmations/reminders from the hotel regarding my reservation. Provided my credit card to reserve the room and guarantee late arrival. I guess that wasn't enough.

After arriving at DCA on a late flight in 90 some degree temperatures, I took the hotel shuttle, after showing my confirmation to the shuttle driver. Arrived at the hotel, weary and ready to check-in, only to be told by the desk attendant that I was at the wrong Courtyard, there were no reservations in my name. Maybe go to another hotel.

I left (again) on another shuttle to another hotel. Departed the shuttle, went to check-in, was told that my reservation had been "cancelled." In fact, I had no reservation at the second hotel. Called the first hotel (the Courtyard Arlington Crystal City) and was told that I could return on (another) shuttle, they had a room for me. Once I arrived (or rearrived, that is) was greeted by another desk clerk who told me in fact they did have a reservation for me. Indeed, they had always had a reservation for me.

I called and left a message for the General Manager, in order to provide details of my check-in disaster, but that call has not yet been returned over one day later.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!