Stayed at this Courtyard for 3 nights during a conference in July. The conference was next door at the Hyatt, but I chose to stay at the Courtyard instead based on poor reviews of the Hyatt here on TA.
This is a pretty standard Courtyard property. Probably remodeled in the last year or two, but still showing some wear and tear. The front desk and housekeeping staff were both very friendly. Housekeeping did a great job with our room, cleaning it early each day.
Upon arrival, the first thing I noticed was an overpowering smell of chemical air freshener. It was so strong that it commanded your attention as soon as you walked in. This odor permeated the entire ground level of the hotel. What might have been a pleasant smell in a (much) smaller dose was disgusting, making my eyes water and head ache. I thought perhaps they had just cleaned the lobby and assumed it would dissipate but it didn't - it smelled bad the whole weekend. Kind of makes me wonder what kind of smell they were trying to cover up - must have been something pretty awful if this was considered an improvement.
The second thing I noticed was that the carpet behind the reception counter was FILTHY. Didn't really effect my stay, but certainly made an impression.
Happily, the room was an improvement over the lobby. Most importantly, the gross air freshener scent was absent. Large TV, good workspace, queen bed with new sheet-style bedding. Bathroom was pretty standard. On the plus side, the shower curtain was Westin-style, arching outward to give you more room in the shower. On the minus side, it is one of those cheap "covered" tubs and is still pretty small. Not sure why they wouldn't have just gone with standard shower stalls when remodeling. The air conditioning unit was in the wall below the window. It did two things very, very well: a) Keep the room cool and b) wake us up every 10 minutes during the night when it very loudly turned itself off and/or on.
All these complaints aside, not bad for $109 a night, I suppose. They've GOT to do something about that odor in the lobby though...
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport Hotel
- Courtyard Arlington Crystal City
- Courtyard Arlington
- Arlington Courtyard
- Arlington Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in vibrant Arlington, VA the Courtyard Reagan National Airport Hotel offers ideal accommodations for vacations and business trips alike. This hotel in Crystal City is only half a mile away from DCA Airport and with complimentary shuttle service to the Crystal City Metro Rail Station, the tourist attractions in and around Washington, DC are at guests' fingertips. The hotel is also just minutes t to area businesses and government agencies, including the Pentagon, PBS, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and IBM. Amenities at this Crystal City, VA hotel include a redesigned lobby with flexible work spaces, free Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The Bistro provides enhanced food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Enjoy comfortable accommodations with flat screen TVs and luxurious Marriott bedding. Break away from business as usual at the Courtyard Arlington Crystal City Reagan Airport (DCA) Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.