“Decent Courtyard hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport

You added Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport
Ranked #34 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent Courtyard hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Stayed here for one week in early June. It's a standard Courtyard Marriott hotel and the amenities are the same throughout the entire brand. The rooms are old but comfortable. The lobby restaurant serves delicious food, especially Maryland crab cakes and succulent fries. The internet is somewhat slow. Moreover, the bathroom needs some renovation! The location of the hotel is fairly convenient, with help of the complimentary shuttle buses to and fro the airport and the nearest Crystal City metro station. The shuttle buses can be a little slow, since several Marriott property hotels in the area share the same service. If you are traveling on a tight budget, this hotel can be a good match during peak season - however during low season in DC, I would recommend the Renaissance Capital View or the Residence Inn, both of which are located literally across the street and have similar (even lower prices). Overall my stay was decent, and worth the price paid.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a response about your stay. I very happy that you enjoyed the room and Bistro during your stay. Marriott offers may different brand to help fit the needs of different travelers.

Chris Zanzano - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

My family recently used this hotel as a pit stop to do some local site seeing before heading on to the Outer Banks. Reviews on here by prior families were favorable so decided to book it.

Checked in 1p (hotel policy is 3p) and asked if we could check in for our double room. Only to learn that they had only King beds available and would not be able to accommodate (did suggest that we would wait until later if helpful and leave our bags at the desk). Not a chance. Also learned that the double rooms do not have a sofa bed and this property does not keep any rollaways.

Ultimately we settled for a King as it had a larger bed and a sofa bed and made do. Rooms are as big as a postage stamp (Not traditional Courtyard rooms).

Figured...could be worse...we'll make do for the night. The hotel only had 1 elevator working for the 24hrs that we were there. Average wait of this 14-story property was @30-40 mins. Normally would take the stairs, but with a family of 5, nearly impossible. Worse yet, you had to wait for the emergency buzzer on the elevator doors to close...spoke with the staff and they couldn't care less.

Parking is $25.00 per night and there is plenty of street parking in the area. The hotel has a shuttle to both DCA and the Metro, but only every 20-30 mins and its not walkable.

My suggestion is to stay at one of the many nearby hotels...

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, September 10, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations on service and amentities. I am very sorry for the elevator breakdown, although we do our very best to maintain everything in working order these situations do happen sometimes. Please reconsider choosing to stay with us again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

I moved to this hotel after a disasterous night at another hotel. So I was happy to arrive. Fabulous front desk people. Throughout my stay they were the best.

Comfortable room, safe building, happy to be there.
Now the downsides:

1. Parking is $25/day. In no way inexpensive and they do not tell you ahead of time that you must first check in, get a note and then park in the garage. This would be helpful information.

2. The swimming pool is really a tiny pond. It is 3 feet deep on the shallow end and 4 feet deep on the deep end. Also, access is by ladder only---one has treads, one does not and is very slippery. It is apparently not heated and you must walk through a meeting area and workout room to get to it. I was very disappointed.

3. The free shuttle to and from the Metro has shorter hours on the weekend and on Sunday came one hour after I had called the front desk 3 times. I was most unhappy that there was no apology and I was waiting alone in a part of town that is fairly deserted on a Sunday evening. Even after writing to Marriott while staying there I received a "sorry we did not meet your expectations" note from the manager but no real apology.

4. The restaurant is really not a restaurant. Very odd configuration. Seems to have been done to save money.

I would consider staying here again if I needed only the room. But I wouldn't bring a car.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
BWI-CYTD, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, August 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us Ann. I am happy that you stated we had fabulous front desk associates, Service is our number one priority. The price for parking is listed on our website and on a sign at the front desk, my apologies if it was no brought to your attention and lower than most hotels in the area.

Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations while you were with us. We would love for you to stay with us in the future and enjoy all the benefits we have to offer.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I remember when going to a Marriott property was a good experience. What has happened? I know this is a sub-brand, but if Marriott is going to put their name on it, they own it. This hotel is in need of a remodel. The rooms are old and the bathroom was nasty. The air vent was covered in black stuff. Lint or mold??? The elevators were so slow you usually waited up to ten minutes for one. I think it is time to give up on Marriotts.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Please accept my apologies for not meeting your expectations while you were with us. We take great pride in providing accomidations for our guests with outstanding service. If you have the time please call me at the hotel so I can better understand your experience and inspect the room you stayed in. The hotels phone number is 703-549-3434.

Cave Creek, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Hotel was clean and conveniently located, but the elevator situation was terrible. It appeared only 1 was working and it took nearly 10 minutes to get to or from the room. Awful! The gate to the parking was unreliable as well. We would not stay there again. My husband is a frequent marriott traveler and said it was the worst he had been to.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kemah,

Please accept my apologies for the elevator situation. Please know that we called to have the elevator fixed the second it happened. I understand that it casued you to wait nearly 10 minutes to wait for an elevator and it was not something that we could have prevented from happening. The elevators are fixed and running great. Please reconsider returing to our property for another visit. We would love to have you again as our guests.

Dartmouth, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

We were in Arlington for our first visit to Washington and from the moment we entered the Hotel we felt like we had come home. The staff were welcoming friendly and helpful especially Nicaise the desk clerk who met us with a smile that lit up the room and with such a relaxed manner that we easily put the long drive behind us. The room was clean comfortable and well appointed. We are already planning our return trip to Washington for a longer stay and with this same hotel. The Metro is a short less than 10 minutes away and very easy to navigate to the downtown and all the sites.

Green Features: It is all non smoking and fresh and clean throughout
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am very and pleased that Nicaise was able to make you feel at home and enjoy your stay with us. Hope you had great weather while touring DC. We are looking forward to your next visit also.

Alexandria, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My husband and I staed at this hotel because it was very close to the airport. My husband did the reservation under his name and he was out of town so I went to check in. When I told them the name of the reservation and they asked for my ID because I haven't changed my name they would not let me check in. They told me all I had to do is give my husband the front desk number and for him to call and give authorization for me to check in. I called him to give him the details and he asked to speak to the front desk clerck on my phone and the phone desk clerk said that he had to call himself the front desk and he could not take the phone. My husband tried calling several times and he could not get patched through and he called me back and asked again to speak to the front desk clerk and again he said he had to call the front desk himself again. After almost of an hour of trying to get ahold of them I was able to check in.

That night we went to bed early due to a 7am flight and at 2:00am in the morning the people across the hall started banging on their door and screaming.

Needless to say, we will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
To our Valued Guest,
Please accpet my apologies for the delay with your check-in at our hotel. Although it should not have taken an hour to check-in, we do follow our policies for the safey of all our guests. We do encourage all our guests to keep noise down in rooms. We have front desk associates on property 24 hours a day. Please contact them for any assistance to help make your stay a great one.

Thank you and I hope you reconsider your choice to stay with us again.

Been to Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!