“Nothing special - Had Better Experiences at Holiday Inns” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport

You added Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2899 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Fort Belvoir, Virginia
“Nothing special - Had Better Experiences at Holiday Inns”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I am still staying here now, but have been here for a few days, so I can write an honest review. The hotel itself is located very close to the airport, so that will be a plus for many people. It is a clean hotel for the most part, but there is nothing that is overly special about staying here. For 5 nights, the total came to $810, which isn't terrible - average per night is ~$160/night.

Here are a couple things that I do not like:

Parking is $22/night.

The wifi is kind of slow. I would expect more for being in the city.

The heater in my room runs constantly. The fan rather. So for example, if you turn the heat on say 72, once it reaches 72, the fan will continue to blow cold air for all eternity until the room goes below your set temperature, then the cold air again turns warm to heat the room. This is annoying because when you are sleeping you always have something blowing on your face (both hot and cold air). There is no way to set the thermostat to automatic - only high and low for the fan setting.

I am all about free breakfasts. Nothing free here though - pay $160/night (in the dead of winter) plus $22 to park that day, and you cannot even get some free eggs to start off your day. For this much money, I would rather stay at a Holiday Inn, save some money, and get a free breakfast.

The exercise room does has some new equipment in it - it looks like they just bought it. There are not a lot of machines though - maybe just over 10 total? Treadmills, ellipticals, and some weight machines.

TV channels are dismal - only 35 or so total.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Kowalczy86-

Thank you for your recent stay and review. I appreciate your mention of our Health Club. We did expand it last year and added all new equipment to improve the guest experience and help keep folks on their fitness routines. I am sorry to hear that the heating unit fan was disturbing to you. The fans are currently set to be on constantly to circulate the air in the room and keep them fresh. While I understand your comment about the parking rate, I do assure you it is at or slightly below the going rate for secured garage parking in the area.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

And if you do make sure you check your bank statements. I've been charged $17.59 in addition to my room and incidentals and no one has been able to tell me why. I've called numerous times now. I understand it isn't a huge sum of money but I imagine I'm not the first they've done this too. I'm still waiting for an answer.
In addition the front desk attendant on Saturday night told my girlfriend and I we should've took a ride with this particular cab driver because he has some connection to blood diamonds in Africa, I couldn't make that up if I wanted too. The hotel it self is fine, the location is fine but you'd be much better off staying at the Hyatt right next door. The service is fair to average at best.

• Stayed December 2013
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Mchlhall-

Thank you for staying with us at Courtyard by Marriott, Crystal City. I do apologize that you have a question about your billing that has not been resolved. Please contact me directly at the hotel so that I may research your charge an help you to verify that it is valid. I would also like to understand your specific concerns on the service you encountered while visiting our location.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Philip Smith
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was highly impressed with the front desk team and the shuttle driver. In particular, I'd like to commend Fish, Deziah, Jackie and Quinton for their outstanding service while I was a guest at the Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport. I'm looking forward to returning to the hotel and interacting with everyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Fred R-

Thank you for taking the time to recognize Fish, Deziah, Jackie and Quinton for the service they provided you during your recent stay. I will be sure to recognize them in front of their peers on my next opportunity and thank them for providing our guests with great service. We look forward to your next visit to the Washington DC area.

Safe Travels!
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stayed at the Courtyard after a late night flight into Reagan airport. Hotel is just a few mins from the airport with a quick and efficient shuttle. Rooms were excellent, and among the most spacious I've seen in a long while for a non-suite configuration. My main issue with this hotel is the inconsistent service from the desk staff - when I checked in Sainabou, the supervisor on duty, did not bother to greet me, thank me, or even acknowledge my presence - I stood in line for at least 5-10 mins to check-in, which was then followed by a completely sullen and stone-faced Sainabou asking for my license and credit card before shoving the room keys toward me. It was the most unwelcome I've ever felt in a hotel in the US.

On the other hand, during checkout, Jackie and Seyri (sp.?) who checked me out were extremely pleasant, thanked me for my business, and generally were a pleasant change from my check-in experience. I think Sainabou clearly needs to be retrained on how to treat a customer - perhaps by Jackie and Seyri!

Service aside, this is a decent option for a quick stay in the DC area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Jiyen1213-

Thank you for staying with us at Courtyard Crystal City. I am sorry that your poor experience with Sainabou upon arrival left you with a poor initial impression of the hotel. Your feedback has been shared with her individually as a tool to improve her awareness of how her actions and body language translate to an arriving guest. Thank you for recognizing Seydi and Jackie. They have been recognized in front of their peers for the service they provided you during the stay.
Safe Travels!
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Booked two double beds and was given one king instead. Front desk people were extremely rude and unhelpful saying we just had to deal with it regardless of what we reserved. Room was very clean and Location wasn't bad but everything was overshadowed by the horrible service at the front desk.

• Stayed November 2013
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Weisses-

I am so sorry that you experienced a problem with the front desk during your stay with us. I will certainly review your concern with the desk staff member involved. I did review your reservation and found it to have been reserved via priceline.com for a room with a king bed. I understand this was not what you would have preferred, but the hotel was completely committed on our rooms with 2 double beds. Booking directly with the hotel via phone or our website ensures you the type or room and special requests. The blind booking process with priceline and other wholesalers does not allow for such special needs to be confirmed.
Again, I am sorry for the incident at the front desk.

Lakebay, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

excellent quality service at hotel. friendly greeting; quick processing of reservation. quality, clean room. no outside noise. excellent quick shuttle service too and from airport. free in-room internet service.

Room Tip: rooms on 5th floor are great.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bob W-

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about Courtyard by Marriott, Crystal City. As you noted, we are close to the airport and our shuttle service, which runs from 5 AM to 11 PM daily, is quick and easy for our guests. Please come visit again soon.

Kirkland, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I travel quite a bit. This was a vacation to visit old pals and colleagues. While the location is in one of the most boring places in the DC area (Crystal City), the front desk staff were amazingly nice and helpful - on all shifts. Same to the shuttle driver who can take you to the Crystal City Metro, although the walk will not kill you. I can only remember one name: Jackie, but all the ladies on the front desk were consistently nice and smiled all the time. To the GM: good hires.

Room Tip: Yellow line takes you to to L'Enfant (if you want to visit the Mall and Museums) downtown DC and...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear WJBkirkland-
Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott, Crystal City. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us recently and that Jackie left a great impression on you. We are glad to have her on the staff. I will be sure to share you comments with her.

Safe Travels.

Been to Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!