You added Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Houston, Texas
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2008

This hotel was really nice with just a couple of exceptions. The free shuttle to the Metro was convienient and relatively prompt. The pool was nice. The rooms were clean and comfortable. My only complaint was that there was no tourist information in the lobby and the front desk workers were understaffed. There was nearly always a line at the front desk. The area is nice (very business oriented), but there are no dining places within walking distance.

• Liked — Shuttle to the metro
  • Disliked — Lacked nearby eating places
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

We frequently stay at Courtyard properties while on business travel and rarely do we have a negative experience. We enjoyed our stay at this particular location due to its location, service, and friendly staff. I was a little concerned about it being so close to the airport and feared hearing air traffic noise but alas all was quite. The front desk staff was very helpful in calling a taxi and their airport and metro shuttles are very efficient and comfortable. We saw a variety of travelers during our stay-families, business, tourists, etc which just goes to show you the appeal of this hotel to so many groups. And everyone we encountered seemed to be pleased with their stay as well. They offer onsite parking for $12 a day if you have your own vehicle. The shuttle will also drop you off at nearby crystal city shops and restaurants so you almost don't need a vehicle. Most of the staff was also multilingual which is also a plus. Like most if not all Courtyards, they have in room wi-fi, mini fridge, and toiletries. We left too early to take advantage of the breakfast but we do know that it was offered (for a fee I think). Overall we were very pleased with our stay and if we are in the DC area again for travel this will be at the top of our list for places to stay.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

We stayed at this hotel after our first choice, Marriott Crystal City, was unavailable. We rode the Marriott shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Prompt & clean. Too early to check in, so we check ed our bags and took the shuttle to the Metro. After some sightseeing and lunch we took the Metro back to Crystal City. They give you a card with the number to call for the shuttle to come pick you up at the Metro. In most cases, it was there in 10 minutes. Our room was a little larger than I expected. Nicely updated. Strangely, no refrigerator or microwave, but if you call the front desk they will bring them to you at no extra charge. We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant that night. The food was good, not great. They do have a kids menu. They also offer a breakfast buffet for $14. I don't know about you, but I cannot eat $14 worth of breakfast. They do offer complimentary coffee and tea service. There is also a coffee maker in the room. The rooms were clean, the towels and tolietries plentiful. It was a little noisy with banging doors when people were checking out early in the morning. We did not use the workout facility, pool or jacuzzi but it looked to be in good shape and clean. I would stay here again, but much prefer to stay at a hotel connected to the Metro.

• Liked — Promptness of shuttles
  • Disliked — Not on a Metro
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Springfield, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2008

I have stayed at many Marriotts before and of all the places, this was my worst experience. Don't get me wrong, the hotel itself is very nice at a good location, but I'm not too crazy about the service and the comfort.

First of all, the bed was hard and uneven. No matter what I did, I just could not get comfortable. The linen was not the quality that one would expect from such a reputable hotel.

Secondly, the automatic wake up call on the phone did not work so I call to call the front desk to request one. I requested a wake up call at 5 am. They woke me up at 4 am. I decided to go back to sleep, then they woke me up again at 8 am. How could anyone mess up on something as simple as a wake up call?

Thirdly, I got a room facing the airport and the train station. Needless to say that it was very noisy.

Lastly, it was a fairly old hotel. The wall was quite thin. I could hear my neighbors talking and using the bathroom early in the morning. I could also hear the housekeeping talking down the hall.

Overall, for the price I paid ($200+), I was very disappointed. I will not stay here again.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Price, comfort
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

Layover for a canceled flight. Crystal City would rarely be anyone's first choice unless your flight was canceled or you had a convention there.

The location is fine for it's proximity to DC (hotel is not far from Crystal City Metro stop), but otherwise there is little reason to leave the hotel. Crystal City is what I imagine the first lunar colony will be like--lots of large, windowless concrete buildings with very little life on the surface. There are good restaurants on 23rd Street (try Jaleo) if you don't mind a bit of a walk. The hotel shuttle will also take you but I didn't use it.

The room was the typical courtyard fare, with excellent beds and linens, very clean and spacious, with a strong, consistent Wi-Fi signal (free). Staff were very friendly and helpful with pre-dawn cabs back to National.

• Stayed October 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Huntsville, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2007

A good place deserves a good review. This place was darn near perfect. (With one big exception.)

I stayed here 8/28-30 on business. It is almost immaculate. The rooms were clean, the bathrooms appeared new or renovated (caulk looked fresh, no mold, no cracked tile, no stains). The bed was absolutely awesome. Probably the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. - no exaggeration. The hallway carpets appeared freshly shampooed.

There are many nice restaurants within walking distance (anything on 23rd street between Eads and Fern. Also Kabob Palace just south of 23rd on Eads.) I brought my take out meal to my room and realized there was not a microwave or refrigerator. I called the front desk and within minutes both were delivered to my room.

The workout room is well equipped. Two ellipticals, several treadmills, and I think a stair master and recumbent bike (not sure though). Two TVs. When I worked out in the morning I called the front desk and requested the temperature be lowered in the workout room (I boil when I work out). I also requested a fan to blow cool air over me while I used the elliptical. Within 15 minutes a man showed up and lowered the temperature and set up a big fan. Awesome. Why can't all workout rooms have fans?

In comparison to a lot of other hotels in the area, there is no free breakfast on weekdays. Guess what? I don't care. The last thing I want to do is stuff myself on generic eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, etc. Save the calories for the good local restaurants later that evening.

Now, the BIG problem. No Ethernet internet. All wireless. Not good. I was on the 11th floor on the east side (which gives you an excellent view of DCA and the Potomac sailboats). Connection dropped out continuously. (Same problem at Embassy Suites here in Arlington.) In all fairness, the staff offered to let me change rooms. Out of laziness, I declined - not worth the hassle. I used my wireless card and also the wireless kit provided by the front desk. I had bad connectivity with both hardware.

This place is thisclose to being excellent. They just need to fix the internet weakness.

• Liked — Clean, excellent staff, location
  • Disliked — Internet connectivity
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2007

My daughter and I travelled to the DC area for the first time for a Memorial event the weekend of May 19th. We had a group staying at the Courtyard Marriott so we booked there because the hotel offered a special rate for us. I had read the reviews from TripAdvisor stating this site was pretty noisy and not really a great location because it is right next to the Metro, rail system and airport. I found the room excellent and comfortable even though the window looked right out on the systems stated above. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The reason I did not rate this hotel higher is because of the room service/dining room coordination. We had arrived late the first eve, didn't know our way around and needed to get some food. Room service shuts down at 11 although a call at 10:30 p.m. resulted in no answer. We had breakfast one morning at the multi-selection breakfast bar. It was wonderful, but very spendy...$15.00/person. They seemed to have a hard time finding us a table at 9 a.m. There is a great workout room with a TV. Laundry facilities are located there as well as a pool and whirlpool. These were located down a long hall where there are facilities for banquets. My daughter and I were there late one eve and a security guard came through and checked in with us. In fact, security seemed to be an important feature at Courtyard because we saw him around and about quite a bit. Parking was $12/nite and had lots of it. The shuttle service to and from the Metro was very convenient and readily available when needed. The Hyatt right next door had a wonderful atrium/coffee lobby which we visited ocassionally when we wanted to sit and enjoy a moment before heading out for the day. Overall, this site was great, just needed a bit more added for the guests to enjoy some of the kitchen amenities.

• Liked — The Room Was Wonderful-large with a great bed and wonderful space
  • Disliked — Room Service/Meals in the Dining Room
  • Stayed May 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!