“Good value in high priced D.C. area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport

You added Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2899 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Internet + Breakfast
Ranked #33 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Sun Valley, Idaho
“Good value in high priced D.C. area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Let's get the bad out of the way first. Some reviews complained about the hotel shuttle. It is kind of beat up looking, but certainly not a big deal. Super convenient constant shuttle to Crystal City Metro station. Their airport shuttle is much nicer. Both are free and run continually. Except for one not so nice West Indian clerk , who gave my daughter a hard time checking in for us (although I specified that arrangement on Booking.com and confirmed in advance with the hotel), and one other clerk who seemed ticked at having to adjust for an improper charge, the rest of the staff were very courteous and pleasant reflecting good training. While the a/c was a bit noisy, it was like "white noise" and not an issue. I found the windows were well soundproofed. I never heard a vehicle outside as other reviewers complained of. Our room type request was honored, and adding a total of $10.00/day for breakfast for 2 plus a kid's breakfast was a great deal.
The room rate was reasonable and the location just 5 minutes from the airport was perfect for an early morning flight. One of the few hotels there that guaranteed 2 double beds. All in all, I think that a 3 1/2 star rating is correct.

Room Tip: Higher floor, away from elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear xflatbush-

You are correct about the condition of the shuttle. We are in the process of sourcing an new vehicle, so on your next visit, this should not be an issue. I have shared your comments with the front desk staff, so that they are aware of the poor impression they left on you and your daughter. I'm glad you and the family were able to enjoy the breakfast package as part of your room. While not all of our rates include breakfast, be sure to check, especially on weekends for a breakfast included rate.

Thanks again for staying and Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel is very nice looking, kind of high tech. The staff was friendly, but hard to find. I had a question and called the front desk. The phone rang 15-20 times but no one picked up. This happened three times that night. I never did get anyone. They had two printers in the lobby to print your boarding documents. After spending about 15 minutes trying to print my boarding pass, I discovered neither terminal was working.

I agree with other commenters who mentioned the noise. I too was on the 9th floor and heard outdoor noise as well as the elevators or some other loud machinery running all night. I was awakened early by an alarm clock I didn't set and couldn't get back to sleep because of the noise. Also, I realize this is a personal preference but I don't think a full length mirror opposite the toilet is the best placement. Why not put it on the other side of the bathroom door?

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Julie K-

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am sorry you experienced difficulty reaching the front desk staff by phone during your stay. Your comments have been review with the staff members on duty at the time. We are always happy to assist with boarding pass issues at the front desk and resetting the printers should they not print automatically for a guest.

Best regards and Safe Travels!
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed at this property on a recent business trip. The lobby of the hotel is quite nice, the restaurant - if staffed properly - could be nice. The rooms appear okay however they are very noisy - windows probably not sounded insulated (despite being on 9th floor could hear every car drive by), you can hear anytime a neighbour or the room above runs a tap or goes to the toilet, and any traffic in hall is very loud.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear DD089-

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you found the room in which you stayed to be noisy and the restaurant service to be mediocre. I would be happy to research your concerns further and take corrective action if you wish to contact me directly at cy.wasct.gm@marriott.com.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard. I look forward to hearing from you so that I may assist you further.
Simpsonville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My friends and I traveled to Arlington Va. to visit Washington DC. The proximity of this hotel to downtown DC is a very easy commute by metro. They provide a shuttle to the closest metro station so there is no need to move your car once it is parked in the garage.

The rooms were spacious and clean and the view was very nice.

The only problems with this hotel that I found were that the parking garage elevator only goes to the lobby and you have to transfer to another elevator. Its a little inconvenient but I think they do it for security reasons. The other issue I had was that there really is no coffee shop or restaurant in the hotel lobby. It is just a small bar/coffee area. But it was good enough.

The staff were very helpful and pleasant. I would recommend this hotel for sure. We will be back next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor so you can have a view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mitsle1-

Thank you for choosing Courtyard and for taking the time to share your feedback. You are correct about the elevator design. For guest safety, we have split elevators so that you must come through the lobby before going to the guest tower. I must say I'm surprised that you did not find our Bistro's full range of breakfast, dinner and bar options to provide enough options for meals and beverages during your stay. We have a full range of breakfast items from grab and go through full breakfast plates with eggs, meats, toast and sides. Our dinner options range from lite fare and appitizers to full dinners with steak, seafood and pastas. Maybe on your next visit, we can assist you with some additional highlights on our menu or local dinning options.

Again, thank you for staying and Safe Travels!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed here in business and it did not disappoint. Garage parking system was imperfect and hard to figure out at first, and the front desk service slow (I was often waiting for too long...), but I enjoyed the hotel and got good restaurant recommendations and good service in the room. Breakfast was decent too.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear A L

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at Courtyard, I appreciate your feedback on the staffing at the front desk. As with most hotels, there are busy times and slower times even within a day, so we work to ensure we have the right amount of staffing available to serve guests. We are not perfect and sometimes miss the mark on having folks available at the right time. Our Bistro is a great place to Eat! Drink! and Connect! throughout the day. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Safe Travels!
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotel was in good location with shuttle service that was prompt and ontime to airport and Metro station in Crystal City. Everyone was hospitable and very helpful. Only a couple of complaints. I have read other posts regarding inattentive life guards and I experianced this also. The life guard would rather use the gym equipment in the workout room than be on duty at his post in the pool. Also the hotel pool towel hamper was running over and needed to be attended to and it was not.

Room Tip: Good place to stay away from the city - yet close enough that you are not that far away.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jason S.
Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Your comments have been shared with our pool operator and the life guard in question has been removed from serving our hotel. We have a service standards clause with the pool company. When our guests have a concern, we do our best to address it quickly and resolve it moving forward. The pool company has been very receptive to our concerns and addresses them quickly. I have also shared your comments about the towels with our Director of Services so that she could follow up with the housekeeping attendant who services the pool and health club area.

Again, thank you for sharing! Safe travels!
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This Courtyard is clean, updated and functional with a very friendly staff, but I had to move rooms because of the droning noise from the elevators on the higher floors. Staff were more than gracious in accommodating a move. The ground floor restaurant/bar area is nice and it's walking distance to the bar and restaurant at the Renaissance.

Room Tip: If you are noise-sensitive ask for a lower floor room as far from elevators as possible.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear the livingjuj-

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize that the elevators disturbed you in your initial room, but I am happy the staff was able to immediately solve the issue for you by relocating you away from the elevators. We are due for a modernization on the elevators, which should improve their opperations and reduce noise as well.

Thank you for staying and Safe Travels!

Been to Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!