Stayed here on 4/5/13. Prepaid for parking using a 3rd party service that the Courtyard administers.
Check-in: Was nicely greeted by a woman who was unfortunately just "filling in" and didn't know any of the local hotel policies with respect to parking. Was then referred to another woman who required that I print out a copy of my parking confirmation although I explicitly was told by the 3rd party service that showing confirmation via their iPhone app would suffice. This ended up turning what should've been a 5 minute experience into 30 minutes. The second woman (middle-aged African American) also kept making unprofessional grunts and moans throughout the whole process. It was off-putting. Lesson for Marriott: If you are going to contract through 3rd parties, make sure you are both on the same page.
Room: Upon entering the room on the 13 floor, the smell of old woman "powder" perfume was overpowering. At this point though, it was late and we just wanted dinner. The room is dated. The toilet paper is completely hidden from view in the bathroom (underneath the sink). The water pressure was barely more than a drip.
Airport Shuttle: At check-in we were told that the shuttle runs promptly every 20 minutes and does not wait. We arrived at 6:53 am for the 7:00 airport shuttle only to be told that the shuttle had left 30 seconds earlier. It would be leaving again at 7:20. This is unacceptable. If there is a scheduled time, you need to wait until that time to leave. Fortunately for us, a random fellow guest not only gave us his cab (because he was in the same situation), but paid for it as well! That made our day. Unfortunately, it was a guest that went out of pocket to make up for Marriott's mistake.
We stayed on points. Had we actually paid money, my concerns would've been expressed more emphatically.
Bottom line: Needs updating and better training. Convenient to airport though.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport Hotel Arlington
- Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport Hotel
- Courtyard Arlington Crystal City
- Courtyard Arlington
- Arlington Courtyard
- Arlington Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in vibrant Arlington, VA the Courtyard Reagan National Airport Hotel offers ideal accommodations for vacations and business trips alike. This hotel in Crystal City is only half a mile away from DCA Airport and with complimentary shuttle service to the Crystal City Metro Rail Station, the tourist attractions in and around Washington, DC are at guests' fingertips. The hotel is also just minutes t to area businesses and government agencies, including the Pentagon, PBS, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman and IBM. Amenities at this Crystal City, VA hotel include a redesigned lobby with flexible work spaces, free Wi-Fi and easy access to the latest news, weather and airport conditions via our GoBoard. The Bistro provides enhanced food and beverage offerings in the morning and evening dinner service with cocktails. Enjoy comfortable accommodations with flat screen TVs and luxurious Marriott bedding. Break away from business as usual at the Courtyard Arlington Crystal City Reagan Airport (DCA) Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Marriott, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.