“Average Expectations, Average Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport

Save Saved
You added Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2899 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, VA 22202   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #36 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Average Expectations, Average Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We booked a last minute spring break trip to see DC. We got an exceptional rate on Priceline that included breakfast. Knowing this brand and comparing it to other hotels in this category, we found it to be right on with our expectations. Overall, a decent place to stay.

Pros:

- No problems with noise (12th floor) or comfort of expected room.
- The staff was pleasant and our requests for more towels etc.were met promptly
- Hotel common areas were updated and clean
- Name brand toiletries in bathroom if you forgot any
- Although small, the kids enjoyed the pool
- Included breakfast was good. Among the choices my family liked the french toast, eggs & bacon, oatmeal with fresh fruit.

Cons:

Courtyard Marriott Shuttle Van - Oh, boy! The condition of the van is in dyer need of cleaning and repair. The inside seating & walls were d-i-r-t-y, the passenger door needs to be fixed due to wear and tear. Lastly, fix the drivers arm rest already! I'm glad I'm an easy going person...the arm rest literally fell off during one of our trips to the metro and it was an LOL moment! Marriott management, visit the shuttle right across the street at the Hyatt, clean inside and out with the added touch of water for riders.

Pool Life gaurd - I would more accuratly describe her as the pool attendant at best. It's nice to see a hotel pool with a life gaurd. However, this woman clearly did not take her job seriously and did not want to be there. She was doing everything but life gaurding (playing with her phone, feet up in her chair, never patrolled the area). Although, I don't rely on life gaurds for the safety of my kids. Some parents might put their gaurd down knowing there is a life gaurd on duty.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
PJBlueEyes-

Thank you for your well rounded comments on the hotel and your experience with us. I am happy to see that you had a good stay in general. We are in need of a replacement van, something I am currently working towards. We have shared your concerns about the life guard on duty during your stay with our pool company and they have resolved the situation.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard!

Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Although the room was slightly small, it was very clean and the shuttle was excellent to Crystal City metro and to the Airport. It was literally five minutes to the Airport. The front desk staff were friendly. The only complaint was the heat was not too effective. The bathroom was large and clean and well lit.

Room Tip: They gave me one on a high floor which was nice and quiet. The TV was placed in a odd position to t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear MaryWest-

Thank you for your review! As you note, we are just a few minutes from the terminals at Washington Reagan National Airport, but yet away from the noise of the airport itself. I'll be sure to have the engineer check the heat in your room to make sure there was not a problem with the heating unit. As you note, the 42 Inch HDTVs in our King bedded rooms are positioned to the side of the bed so that they are across from the couch. The TV is on a swival which helps the viewing angle and can be moved so that you can see it from the desk, couch or bed during your stay.

Thanks again and Safe Travels!
Twinsburg, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I stay at Marriotts exclusively so I am quite a connoisseur of this brand, (100 nights per year.) so, to be to the point, the staff was not really up to par for accommodating business needs. No cabs come to this hotel so they have to call them, it is tucked in the corner so the flow of traffic is not convenient. I stayed on the top floor and you can hear the service equipment on the roof. I know this sound like bashing but like I said, not my first choice. Sorry Marriott:(

Stayed January 2013
Dear bighalloween-

Thanks for your feedback on the hotel. While we do not have a cab stand in front of the hotel, we do share one with the Hyatt next door. The local jurisdiction only allows so many stands in an area to avoid conjestion, so our is next door. We are happy to pull a cab over from the stand to our drive if they are waiting or call for a cab should there be a high demand and one not be at the stand.

Thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest. I'm sure if we are not your perfect spot, Marriott has a great hotel that fits your needs for your next visit.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Stayed here for the cherry blossom festival. Hotel was on the edge of all the crystal city activity, but was an easy walk and also offered regular shuttle service to the metro and to the airport (every 10 to 20 minutes). The shuttle staff were highly professional and helpful as was the housekeeping staff and especially the bistro staff. You can get a partial Starbucks menu in the lobby. Hotel was clean with typical courtyard amenities and extremely quiet for sleeping. Overall a great place to base your DC explorations from.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear SKimo26-

Thank you for visiting the DC area for the Cherry Blossom Festival this year. It continues through mid-April with the blossoms themselves due to peak around April 10 to 12. Spring in DC is a great time to visit the city. Tons of activities, fesival and attractions to see in the area. Be sure to take time to enjoy one of the area's great parks and soak up the best weather of the year. One tip, if you have allergies, pack your medicine. With all of the beautiful trees and flowers, we get more than our fair share of pollin in the spring.

Richmond, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We went to the NCAA basket ball tourney and found hotels in the district expensive for the weekend. Then we discovered this hotel. Located in an office park, this Courtyard is one of a dozen hotels catering to business people. Located at the end of the Crystal City area, one would have to walk longer to get to the places in Crystal City. Since our interest was downtown D.C.it was not an issue. We took the free hotel shuttle that runs every 20 minutes to the Metro station (7 minute ride) and jumped on the yellow line for a short 12 minute ride into the heart of downtown. The shuttle runs till 11pm and was very convenient. Do your homework as to what to see/do as the hotel staff did not seem knowledgable on tourism even though it was packed with tourists. Rooms were quiet and seemed to be soundproofed well. Would return.

Room Tip: Higher floors minimize road noises.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear joeworf-

First, I hope your NCAA basketball team won their games and advanced to the next round. Thank you for your comments on the hotel. You are correct, we do have a lot of tourist who stay with us. In addition to the front desk staff who is happy to provide information on local attractions for Arlington and Washington, DC including the Smithsonian Museums, we have several locations in the lobby with information magazines, maps and a guide to using the subway system (METRO). One great feature of the lobby is our interactive GoBoard which allows you to touch the screen and find dining, transportation, areas of interest, news, weather and more. Be sure to check it out the next time you are in the lobby!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great for the price that we got. Awesome location and shuttle service. The metro is right there so you can hop on and go anywhere in the city. The only down side is that there are not a lot if restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Matthewhatfield04-

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your stay. I am glad to hear that it was a perfect hotel for your price point. We take pride in offering our guests a great stay with service and amenities that meet their needs. As you noted, the restaurants for our neighborhood are about 4 blocks away. We do provide walking directlons as well as a local shuttle that can drop you at the METRO station in Crystal City or near the restaurants. Be sure to just check with the front desk on the service times and drop off points for the shuttle.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I booked a stay here using hotels.com and entered my credit card info any everything. I got loads of confirmation emails and evened called the day of confirm. When I showed up for the reservation, they told me they didn't have a room for me!!! The people told me that I was just holding a room with my credit card but didn't actually reserve a room.... aren't those the same thing?? I ended up deciding to stay elsewhere because of the terrible service. The man at the front desk assured me I was not being charged and I didn't have a reservation. However, 2 days later, I find out they charged me for a NO SHOW FEE!!! AND, when I called to peacefully talk it over with customer service, the guy on the phone was yelling at ME and was ACCUSING ME OF MISSING MY RESERVATION!! This matter is still not sorted out because the manager won't call me back and they are hard to get ahold of. DON'T STAY HERE. DON'T DO IT TO YOURSELF! THIS IS LITERALLY ONE OF THE WORST BUSINESSES I HAVE EVER INTERACTED WITH!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Dianna N-

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us about your reservations at the hotel. I know that you spoke with the hotel's Assistant General Manager as soon as she became aware of your concern and she handled your issue to your stated satisfaction. She assisted you with a full refund on the charges for the no show. As she explained, the reservations were charged because when you arrived at the hotel, the rooms were still ready and waiting for you, but instead of checking in, your party departed the hotel without indicating to the staff member assisting you that the reservations should be cancelled. The staff member thought you would be returning to the desk to complete the registration and had your keys ready for you. We actually turned away other business in order to honor your reservations as originally booked. We were happy to have your reservation and would have like the opportunity to have you experience our hotel and the services we provide.

Been to Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!