You added Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport
Ranked #35 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Birmingham, AL
“Convenient”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here with points to get in a day of sightseeing before conference. The staff were super nice. The hotel is clean and updated. Hotel shuttle will pick you from DCA. If you want to venture out the shuttle will also take you right up to the metro station.

• Stayed October 2011
GeneralManagerWASCT, General Manager at Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport, responded to this review, November 17, 2011
Dear Ichambliss-

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback on your enjoyable experience at the hotel. If I can be of addtional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 703 842 2100.

Best regards
Philip Smith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We stayed here on our trip to DC for the marathon and had an great stay. It is not in the center of DC, but the shuttle to the metro worked out great, and you can always take a cab as well. If you take a cab, just make sure you have the address, luckily I did, because the cab driver got a little confused because there are 3 Marriotts in Crystal City. The shuttle even brought us right to the shuttle stop for the marathon instead of just to the subway. For the price (we paid $80/night on a Saturday) it can't be beat for quality while staying in DC. Walkable to all of the Crystal City shops and restaurants if you don't mind a 10-20 minute walk. Nice, clean room, and my husband particularly liked the large flat screen TV. Excellent front desk staff on both check-in and check-out, very friendly and accommodating. There is a cafe on-site, which we did not try, so I cannot review the food. Lobby computer worked great for checking-in for our flight. If you are looking for an affordable, comfortable hotel, and are willing to spend a little extra time getting to the sites, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear CCSWIM-

The Marine Corps Marathon is a great annual event in the area. We look forward to seeing the runners and their supporters each fall. Please be sure to consider staying with us again next year!

OSKALOOSA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

I loved this hotel. Very clean, great location, comfortable rooms. Plus, the rate is better than other similar hotels in the area. I got a $60/night rate on Priceline. I stayed here 2 night and then transferred to another Marriott down the street which was $200/night rate which was a special rate. The 2nd hotel was nicer and closer to the metro station, but I would have much rather stayed at this Courtyard.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Dear Ibohlen-

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and got a great rate on Priceline.com. We are pleased to participate with Priceline to offer a great discount when the hotel is a bit slow. Check back for your next visit to the DC area!

Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

The Crystal City Courtyard is a favourite because of its location, price and quality. I've been here about a dozen times, most times I'm in Wahington for business and pleasure. The Metro station is a block away underneath the pricier Marriott. There is a shuttle every few minutes. In fact, I use my Courtyard pass to all of the Marriott services.
Lots of shopping nearby.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Dear Derek S-

Thank you for giving us your feedback on your recent stay at Courtyard Crystal City. We hope to see you again soon!

Dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

I got this hotel on Priceline for a steal, and would stay here again. The pool was closed for repairs, which disappointed my kids, but with all the walking in D.C. they didn't mind too much. The restaurant was nice, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The kids liked the dining tables with private TVs, and I liked the electrical outlets that seemed to be everywhere. Free wi-fi with a code that you get at check-in was nice.

I don't have the patience for mass transit, but it was available without too much walking. There were no taxis hanging out in front of the hotel, but there were usually some at the Hyatt across the street. My son was smart enough to get the number from one cab we used so it was never a problem to get transportation. The computer/printer for airline check-in was well located, and there were lots of sitting areas around the restaurant and lobby.

I saw a CVS pharmacy and a 7-11 within walking distance, and there was a Chinese restaurant that delivered to the hotel. (Young Chow) Good food and reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

We visited DC in July 2011. We selected the Courtyard because it said it had a pool and breakfast buffet. But when we got there with our 4 yr old we were told the pool was only open after 4pm. Then the breakfast buffet, turned out not be be a buffet, but a breakfast plate you ordered in their lobby cafe. We complained and received little assistance. We even complained and said we wanted to talk with a manager and the manager never called. Also the location of the hotel is not great. We took the train into the city, which was fine from Crystal City, but this hotel sits at the far end of the city and the train is a distance away from the train station. For all the walking done in DC we did not want to walk all the way to and from the train station.
I do not recommend this hotel because the service was bad, they did not handle our complaints at all and it is too far from the train station. Not for tourists or families!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Bainbridge Island, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Stayed here while in town for a day, flying in via DCA and out via IAD. Very convenient to the airport, IF you can get a shuttle to pick you up--my experience mirrored that of other reviewers, two calls to the hotel, assured that a shuttle would be there soon, just about to give up and take a cab, when two shuttles showed up at once, after a 30 minute wait. Front desk staff were fine and friendly, room was a standard room, and a bit shabby. Being Marriott Gold didn't give me any extra rewards as far as I could tell.

Internet was pretty much useless--I carry my own wi-fi card but like to use free access if available to keep my MB of usage down--suffice it to say over a 20 hour span I was able to access internet via the hotel system for a total of 3 minutes, and attempted at least 10 times (yes, I know, OCD or something).

Now, as to the breakfast--DO NOT pay extra for the breakfast included rate! You pay an extra $10 or so, and that allows you to choose ONE item from the menu, and ONE drink. So you have to choose coffee OR orange juice, and the few breakfast items to choose from are unexciting (i.e. the 'morning scramble' turned out to be two plain scrambled eggs, plain fried potatoes, 3 strips of half cooked bacon, and cold unbuttered toast--trying to spread cold butter on cold toast made me feel like I was in the UK!). Thoroughly unappetizing. But the folks running The Bistro were very pleasant.

I'm about to check out, I don't plan to return, and I hope I have a better shuttle experience going back to the airport (to pick up a rental car), than others have!

ps--apparently there is no room service here either--that's what the front desk told me, but I don't understand why there wouldn't be....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Arlington Crystal City/Reagan National Airport? Share your experiences!