“Well located, good value, great service.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #38 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Well located, good value, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2009

My husband was relocated to DC and we stayed at this Best Western while looking for a place to move. The hotel is very well located, four blocks from the Rosslyn Metro Station, and just one station from the Foggy Bottom Metro station in DC. The Iwo Jima Memorial and the Arlington Cemetery are withing walking distance. The staff was great to accommodate our needs and requests. They were very kind. The hotel is very clean. The beds are comfty and roomy. It's a very good option to stay when visiting the DC area since it's close but not very expensive.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2009

I really loved my king sized bed I shared with my boyfriend. The new LCD screen was also a treat after a long day of walking around the city. The room was very clean. However, the walls were a little thin because I could hear the guy next to us pee in the morning. Sometimes we also heard the neighbor's baby cry. Still, the noise wasn't blaring to the point where I could hear full conversations and only happened a couple of times.

The staff at the front desk was very courteous. Our location was okay. If you're visiting D.C., it's almost worth it to spend an extra $50 a night to stay closer to downtown. If you're visiting Virginia, this place is perfect to rent a car (since parking's free) and drive out to the country. I recommend visiting the Shenandoah National Park. Take the South route on the national park and visit the Dark Hollows Falls to see one of the most gorgeous American waterfalls. However, if you're visiting D.C., as athletic as I like to believe I am there was an incredible amount of walking we did. The metro is only a 7-minute power walk away. If you plan on using the metro more than four or five times in one day, buy a one-day pass.

The best part of the location was being near the Arlington Cemetery and Iwo Jima. Totally worth the walk.

No complementary breakfast here. We tried Ledo's which is the attached restaurant and I really felt like I got ripped off. The pictures of the food on the menu looked outstanding but the real food did not do them justice at all. I recommend hitting up Brooklyn Bagels which had incredible food and about a 10-15 minute walk. The best part of the stay was always feeling healthy because we walked for hours to see attractions right after we had a meal. Buy some nice soles!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

a. the room was very nice with flat screen tv monitor, very comfortable bed, frig, microwave, coffee/tea, 2 sinks in bathroom, spacious, neat & clean.

b. front desk staff were friendly & helpful, with very good, free coffee/tea in lobby

c. I don't like a rent car in DC area since its such a hassle, but their advertising said they were only "2 1/2 blocks" away from Rosslyn metro stop; it was more like 8 blocks from the metro and part of it was up hill; I don't mind exercise, but it was too time consuming walking back & forth. Another hotel 1 block further away from this one also advertises they're only 2 1/2 blocks from the Metro; wrong !

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

I would give 5 stars for this hotel not because of its luxury or splendor, but because I didn't find any problems with it whatsoever. The main reason I booked it was the free parking which at most hotels in DC will be about additional $20/day, especially for the location, which was across the river from Georgetown, a very popular place to hang out.
The hotel is truly next to a busy road, but my room was facing the other way and I couldn't hear absolutely nothing. The room itself was not very big, but nicely decorated, typical Best western, extra points for the bigs screen LCD TV on the wall. The bathroom was spotless, no broken tiles or missing or mold or anything, looked like brand-new.
I also tried the restaurant there for breakfast before I checked out, and the food was good and inexpensive. All in all, comfortable stay and very close to DC attractions, for about $70/night on a saturday, I don't think you can find a better deal in the area.

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2008

We tried this Arlington Best Western as our most recent DC sightseeing base, and were very pleased: it was quiet, comfortable and most of all very convenient for walking/metroing into the city. We will definitely stay again, esp. if the rates remain reasonable.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

This is my second stay at this hotel in as many months. This trip, I stayed in room 209 for two nights and then in room 105 for one night on the return leg of a east coast road trip.

Both of the rooms I stayed in this time around are what they call "courtyard" rooms. They mean parking lot rooms, as they adjoin the parking lot. Last time I stayed in a room in the main building and I would say that those rooms are superior to the "courtyard" rooms. The courtyard rooms seem to be older, but they are still of a pretty good standard and largely pretty clean.
The courtyard rooms have the advantage of being right in the parking lot and step free (if you are on the ground floor). If you are on the second floor, like I was, be aware that there is no elevator and you will have to drag your suitcases up the stairs. All the rooms in the main building are serviced by elevator,

As with last time, the rooms were furnished to a good standard & comfortable Each room had a microwave and fridge which was very handy.

Front desk staff were friendly and welcoming and did their best to answer all our questions regarding the local area, driving directions etc.

The hotel is a short walk (7-10 minutes) from the Rosslyn Metro Station, which makes it handy for getting into DC to site see without a car.

There was very good complimentary coffee & tea in the reception 24 hours a day and fresh fruit (apples & oranges) every morning.

There is a branch of the Ledo Pizza chain in the hotel complex which did reasonable meals and also has a bar if you want a drink. Ledo's is a local area chain of Italian restaurants, famous for their square pizzas.

The hotel has free wireless internet connection throughout, but the reception in the courtyard rooms was a LOT weaker than when I was in the main complex last month.

There is a nice sized pool in the hotel complex, although the adjoining shower area was a little sub-par. The flooring mats in the shower were less than 100% clean and I could not seem to get anything other than cold water out of the shower.

As Washington, D.C. area hotels go, this was pretty good value for money (at the price we paid) and it is well located, especially if you are attending a ceremony at Arlington.

Only proviso - when I stayed in room 105 (which is a couple doors away from the pool) I had a surprise "guest" in the form of a VERY LARGE roach. I think it was what Washingtonians refer to as a "water bug" or "palmetto bug", but it is basically just a huge roach. Not my favourite room mate. He was on his back and flailing around, so might have been dying from bug poison, but he had a last minute burst of frenzied activity when I picked him up in a wad of tissue to flush him away.

When I mentioned it to the receptionist, he did not seem that bothered and told me that, due to local construction, they get "a lot of bugs and mice". Gak! I only saw one bug, but the "oh well" attitude made me a bit suspicious.

• Liked — Location, friendly staff, pool
  • Disliked — BUGS!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2008

Short and concise on this one... EVERYTHING was clean, EVERYBODY smiled, GREAT fresh coffee in lobby. CLOSE to many resturants/metro/memorials!!!!! Recently renovated......a happy home for 4 nights. Free wireless, rooms have flat screens, resturant on premises. This is a superior location for touring the entire local and D.C area. P.S. bring your gps if driving in this metropolitan madhouse!! Best driving between 10am-2pm and after 7pm. Weekends are very tolerable for traffic and much easier to be mobile.

• Liked — Cleanliness,Friendly and Location
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Rosslyn/Iwo Jima? Share your experiences!