“Good stay, no complaints. Would stay here again.” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #37 of 47 hotels in Arlington
New Jersey
“Good stay, no complaints. Would stay here again.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our daughters for 1 night a couple of months ago. Got a great rate through one of those websites where you don't know the hotel name until you pay. Read reviews after finding out that it was this hotel and was a bit worried, but we were happy with our stay. Room was clean. It was in the "motel"-like part, not the main building. You could tell they had tried to update the outdated bathroom. Beds were comfortable. Staff was courteous and professional. The kids enjoyed the pool, and I liked that there was a lifeguard on duty. I'm glad we went to the pool early, as it got crowded towards the evening. The location was good - close enough to DC for us. I don't know how convenient to public transportation it is since we just drove everywhere with no problem. We got a pizza, soup, and sandwiches at the restaurant, which were all good. It was nice that the room had a fridge and microwave. Coffee in the lobby and apples/oranges in the morning was a nice touch. No complaints. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

559 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Lake Forest, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

...it was reasonable (though not cheap). complaints: TV reception sucked and our TV had no additional channels other than the bare minimum the whole stay, even though we asked for it to be fixed twice. no continental breakfast, except for a marginal one next door. compliments: apples and oranges in lobby sometimes--and always hot coffee...room was clean, beds were comfortable, A.C. was great (really kept it cold on really hot/steamy days/nights), nice little fridge in room. one really helpful front-desk person was charles (superior service). not a bad walk at all to the metro station and several adequate restaurants nearby.

Coventry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was my first visit to the DC area, so I don't really have much to compare to, but having stayed in some great hotels in other cities on my trip, I found the Best Western in Rosslyn to be a little bit of a reality check. Don't get me wrong, at no point did I feel the need to complain or feel unsafe, but it just didn't have the 'wow' factor of the other hotels I had stayed in over the previous 10 days.

My double room (201) was huge, complete with a well-appointed bathroom, plenty of storage space, a good fridge, comfortable bed and good A/C (and boy was that needed given the heat & humidity!). The wireless internet was fast and reliable. It was a typical mid-range, big chain hotel room, the type of which I've stayed in all over the US.

Some minor points to note...... The only thing that the room was lacking was a safe. The key system seems to be quite delicate - swipe too fast or too slow and it won't let you in, which can be a little frustrating! Whether there was an elevator to the upper floor, I'm not sure, but I don't think you could access room 201 without encountering stairs at some point, which made the trek up and down with a 45 lb suitcase 'interesting'. I'm in my thirties and in ok shape, but for others it might be an idea to ask about more accessible rooms! Room 201 is also seemingly next to a designated smoking point, so there were people hanging around outside the room on occasion. The vending machines were poorly stocked during my stay, and the closest convenience stores seem to be at the Rossyln Metro Station, about 1/2 mile away. And the communal clothes dryer is woeful - the person in front of me had to wait 2 hours to dry a single load and I just gave up!

Now, I mentioned the Metro Station, and it's proximity means the hotel is about 20 minutes from the sites of DC and Arlington. I didn't have a car and was not only sightseeing, but also travelling to the golf at Congressional, so this was key to my stay. The 10 minute walk to the station was tolerable in both the heat and the downpours which plagued the area that weekend, so I probably wouldn't swap the combination of location and price. I'd done my research on the area and what I wanted to see, but the staff were more than willing to help if needed. Check-out was a breeze, for which I was grateful given the early hour and the long journey ahead.

I didn't get to use the pool or on-site restaurant, so can't comment on those. Also, the area between the hotel and Wilson, turning right out of the hotel, doesn't look the best so probably best avoided after dark if you're on foot. Going the other way, towards the Metro station, seemed fine though.

Overall, not bad, and if you're on a budget then this is probably the hotel in the DC area for you!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was not pleased with this hotel at all. For starters, it was difficult to find. The hotel had an offensive odor to it and no continental breakfast. I stayed in Room 250, and there were hairs on the sink and the wall. The carpet needed to be replaced, and many of the hotel employees were not wearing their name tags. The vents needed to be cleaned. There was only one computer in the lobby for all guests to use. There is only one restaurant in the area, and it requires a minimum purchase of $5.00 for credit/debit card users. Although the price that I paid was reasonable, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Rome, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We come to Washington D.C. twice a year and have made this our exclusive hotel. This year we came down for the July 4th week and booked from June 30th through July 7th, the total for the week including taxes, 631 dollars. That's 76 dollars a night during a holiday week! We compared other hotels in the area prior to booking and we found this hotel to be less than half of the others in the area. The location is great, the service is excellent, and the prices are amazing. Our room was clean, updated, and very comfortable, the AC was ice cold, and the water pressure was great. Free parking! The beds must be brand new as well because they were very comfortable and supportive. We will be back to this hotel many more times. It simply can't be beat for all it has to offer.

Room Tip: The exterior corridor rooms are all queen beds, the interior corridors are all double beds.
Endicott, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Good value and close to DC attractions. Clean & comfortable. The pool was very relaxing after a hot day downtown. Parking was very handy. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Excellent choice. We'd stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Positives: Climate control works well. Easy walk to Rosslyn metro (which is a great location for getting into DC). Good value for the DC area, especially considering proximity to the district. Fridge in room much appreciated and well used. Good high-speed internet. Food from restaurant on premises (Ledo) was well received by 10 year old.

Negatives: Not much in immediate vicinity if you don't have a car. Some restaurants, shops etc. are available up by Rosslyn metro, but that was not an appealing option for tired youngster in 95 degree heat and/or tropical downpours. Was hoping to keep cereal and milk in the room for inexpensive breakfasts, but never did find a place somewhat nearby to purchase milk (though cereal could be found at the Rite-Aid in Rosslyn metro station). Displeased that we were not permitted a one hour later checkout despite trying to arrange this a day in advance. Perhaps this was not possible, but I've never been denied a later checkout before, so found this a bit off-putting, especially as we were guests here for several days. Finally, room cleanliness was mostly good, but on our first morning I found congealed spoiled milk in the heating chamber of the coffee maker - yuck! Glad I noticed the smell before I made coffee.

Overall: I've stayed elsewhere in the DC area before (near Ballston metro, up in Dupont Circle area, etc.) for similar cost, and think I will choose one of those options instead the next time I'm visiting.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN Rosslyn/Iwo Jima? Share your experiences!