“Good Location, Decent hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #37 of 48 Hotels in Arlington
Toronto, Canada
“Good Location, Decent hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I stayed there for three nights in April and found it to be a very comfortable visit. I stayed on the third floor in the main building which i was thankful for as it was much better than staying in the outside rooms. The location is very convenient to Rosslyn Station which is just a great location because of how much you can save on hotels while visiting DC. Yes, it takes longer to get to the Capital, but considering how much you pay to stay here versus in downtown Washington, it is worth staying in Arlington. It was a little bit hard to find the location on foot when I first got there, but I was able to find it after being turned around a little bit. I felt comfortable walking in the area as a single traveller.

Room Tip: This hotel does not include breakfast with the hotel, but has a fridge/microwave in the rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The location was great, and it was easy to find with GPS instructions. We stayed here for 2 days during Washington's Cherry Blossom Festival. We found it a little bit easier to travel there and depart, rather than downtown Washington where we had stayed before. Close to Metro subway, Ruby Tuesday's, and a number of smaller bars and restaurants. With a little walk, we were close to The Mall, Smithsonian(s), Grand Central Station, bus tours, etc. Free self parking was a contributing factor to our stay. The hotel is a little tired, but was adequate for our purposes.

Room Tip: Ask for the tower. There is no free breakfast, so plan to eat somewhere other than at the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Southern Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I needed to be in DC for business travel. The prices within the city were just too outrageous. This hotel was reasonably priced, very clean, and really perfect for what I needed - a nice clean and comfy place to relax at the end of the day. With the fridge and microwave in the room, I didn't have to go out to eat unless I chose to - the fridge and microwave were a real asset and one of the reasons I chose to stay here.

The bed was very large and comfortable with very nice linens, and the towels were big and thick. I was not uncomfortable at all in the neighborhood - on the contrary, I was quite comfortable walking to and from the Metro station (only a 10-15 minute walk with a Starbucks right on the way!) and felt very safe in my room. This is the first time I have traveled alone in many years, so this is significant. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, and am actually thinking of coming back for a quick trip later this spring with one of the grandchildren.

Co-workers, who are attending the same conference are staying at the Hyatt right downtown, and frankly, I wouldn't be any happier there. The Best Western is just fine.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
fair lawn nj
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Felt uneasy in hotel because of location so canceled reservation. They were very accomidating with the way we felt. Manager understood. Lobby seemed very clean but never went to the room. To get to outdoor pool had to go outside and was pooring out which defeats the purpose booked cause of indoor pool

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our family of 4 stayed here for 3 nights over spring break. Hotel is basic, and although older, has been given a makeover so that the bedding, flat screen tv, and fixtures seem newer. Some chips in the bathtub have been patched. For our purposes, the room was adequate. Used the pool one night and it was staffed by a lifeguard. We stayed here in the evenings after a day of touring DC. At check in, the staff gave us a list of local restarants and sites and directions on how to get there, which was helpful.

Pros: close to Metro, walking distance to Arlington National Cemetery and Iwo Jima memorial, safe area, decent restaurants within walking distance, microwave and fridge, price is good compared to area hotels, free coffee in the lobby 24 hours a day. Free wifi and parking.

Cons: Walls are thin. Wasn't really an issue for us since our neighbors were not very loud, but I could see it being a problem if we were next to a rowdy group that liked to stay up late.

Room Tip: We had a room with an exterior entrance since we requested 2 queen beds. If you only need double be...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I stay in a hotel at least 2-3 nights per week for business travel. I figured I'd use some of the millions of rewards points that I've accumulated for a weekend getaway with the family. I was really disappointed. Room was dirty with mold stains throughout bathroom. Beds were not comfortable and linen looked very old and worn. It appeared to be the worse room available in a poorly maintained property. Back to Marriott I go, I won't stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Westfield, Indiana, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

very good location and very well kept. very good breakfast bar. i plan to stay at this location when we come back. staff very helpful. beautiful place to visit
and very centrally located to everything

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN Rosslyn/Iwo Jima? Share your experiences!